Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Craving Seafood

Never in my life have I ever craved seafood, but today I just cannot seem to get enough of it. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it. What could I be missing nutritionally that would cause this craving? Or is it something hormonal? I just don't know. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Iodine maybe or sodium?

I guess it depends on what sort of seafood you are craving since perhaps there is a difference in nutritional needs(I do still eat some fish, but rarely and all local sourced or good source). I find there is a difference in wanting a good piece of fish(protein) or the salty sea flavor. If that is the issue, maybe try making some dishes with seaweeds in them(sure has the salty flavor and good source natural iodine). I like the SeaVeg seasonings.

• Seaweed usually covers my cravings for that. I love dulse leaves rubbed with olive oil to snack on.

• Or try one of the mock salmon/mock tuna recipes.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie
    edited June 26

I agree your likely craving for iodine which is a hard nutrient to get on a vegan diet let alone raw.

Try some seaweeds, they are the best source and have a wealth of other health benefits.

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

Yeah, when I am craving seafood for me usually something salty does the trick, like a mock tuna spread.

Best,

Laura-Jane the Rawtarian