Check out my 811 lfrv recipe blog--Fruity Fare

Hey there everyone, I've create a blog where I'll post 811 recipes with pictures.

Check it out!

http://the811recipespot.blogspot.com/

Comments

• groovey!!

• erin, that hummus recipe looks great! how many servings does it make??

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie
    edited August 7

Awesome! You can never have too many healthy and tasty raw recipes. :)

Swayze

• Awsome!! Will check it!

• Thanks guys! Hope you enjoy.

Swayze, I really enjoy your recipes! Thanks for all the info. Reading your story about your 811 journey on your site really inspired me!

Joannabanana- The hummus recipe makes about 1 serving. It could be two if you are having something else, but I ate all of it with veggies dipped in it for my dinner with nothing else. It made about 1 c total. I actually meant to put that on the post...thanks for the reminder.

Erin

• I visited your blog and I am very happy to see recipes that focus on low fat. I am not following 80-10-10, but low fat is what I strive for in my diet.

I am on the 52nd day of a juice fast, but I plan on making the hummus when I resume eating again. Most of the other hummus recipes are totally filled with fat. I am so used to trying to decrease fat in every recipe I see, this one is no different. How do you think it would taste with 1-1.5 T of sesame instead of 2.5? Maybe I could add more zucchini. What do you think?

I will be visiting your blog often. Thanks so much for doing it Erin!

• Hey RCBAlive, I made the hummus again tonight and I used 12 oz of zucchini instead of 8 oz with the same amount of sesame. I also added a little more lemon. It was great! So I think it would be just lovely if you decreased the amount of sesame or increased zucchini.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any requests for recipes! ;)

• Oh that's great to hear Erin! I will definitely give it a try. Do you use the same measurement of tahini as you would sesame seeds?

I will certainly let you know of requests. I continually look for low fat and low glycemic recipes. I am really looking forward to making warm raw low fat soups when I start eating again. I want to blend veggies for the soup and then shred or spiral slice pieces of veggies into it to make it chewy.

Again, I thank you for doing your blog. Low fat recipes are seriously lacking in the raw food world. So many of the gourmet recipes are totally loaded with fat. I look forward to reading and trying your recipes.

• RCBAlive - I would start with a little less tahini than the amount of sesame seeds that are called for. I think 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds is a little less than 1 Tbsp when made into tahini.

I've got a soup in mind that I'm going to try out and post on my blog in the next couple days.

I REALLY agree that low fat recipes are lacking in the raw world. When I first starting making raw dishes I was under the impression that it didn't matter how much fat I ate as long as it was raw. And boy was I wrong. That caused a whole host of healthy problems for me and I'm now MUCH better due to eating LOTS of fruits, and little fat every now and then.

Enjoy!

• Thanks for the post Erin. I'll definitely give it a try. Reminds me of Paula Deen's enthusiasm on cooking. I see her show on TV and feel like my arteries are constricting. Every time I see one of her commercials I feel like getting payday cash advances to set up a consult with a cardiologist. What do her cookbooks consist of

• Yeow! Love it!