Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Check out my 811 lfrv recipe blog--Fruity Fare

erinerin Raw Superstar

Hey there everyone, I've create a blog where I'll post 811 recipes with pictures.

Check it out!

http://the811recipespot.blogspot.com/

Comments

• groovey!!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

erin, that hummus recipe looks great! how many servings does it make??

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Awesome! You can never have too many healthy and tasty raw recipes. :)

Swayze

• Awsome!! Will check it!

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Thanks guys! Hope you enjoy.

Swayze, I really enjoy your recipes! Thanks for all the info. Reading your story about your 811 journey on your site really inspired me!

Joannabanana- The hummus recipe makes about 1 serving. It could be two if you are having something else, but I ate all of it with veggies dipped in it for my dinner with nothing else. It made about 1 c total. I actually meant to put that on the post...thanks for the reminder.

Erin

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I visited your blog and I am very happy to see recipes that focus on low fat. I am not following 80-10-10, but low fat is what I strive for in my diet.

I am on the 52nd day of a juice fast, but I plan on making the hummus when I resume eating again. Most of the other hummus recipes are totally filled with fat. I am so used to trying to decrease fat in every recipe I see, this one is no different. How do you think it would taste with 1-1.5 T of sesame instead of 2.5? Maybe I could add more zucchini. What do you think?

I will be visiting your blog often. Thanks so much for doing it Erin!

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Hey RCBAlive, I made the hummus again tonight and I used 12 oz of zucchini instead of 8 oz with the same amount of sesame. I also added a little more lemon. It was great! So I think it would be just lovely if you decreased the amount of sesame or increased zucchini.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any requests for recipes! ;)

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Oh that's great to hear Erin! I will definitely give it a try. Do you use the same measurement of tahini as you would sesame seeds?

I will certainly let you know of requests. I continually look for low fat and low glycemic recipes. I am really looking forward to making warm raw low fat soups when I start eating again. I want to blend veggies for the soup and then shred or spiral slice pieces of veggies into it to make it chewy.

Again, I thank you for doing your blog. Low fat recipes are seriously lacking in the raw food world. So many of the gourmet recipes are totally loaded with fat. I look forward to reading and trying your recipes.

• erinerin Raw Superstar

RCBAlive - I would start with a little less tahini than the amount of sesame seeds that are called for. I think 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds is a little less than 1 Tbsp when made into tahini.

I've got a soup in mind that I'm going to try out and post on my blog in the next couple days.

I REALLY agree that low fat recipes are lacking in the raw world. When I first starting making raw dishes I was under the impression that it didn't matter how much fat I ate as long as it was raw. And boy was I wrong. That caused a whole host of healthy problems for me and I'm now MUCH better due to eating LOTS of fruits, and little fat every now and then.

Enjoy!

• Thanks for the post Erin. I'll definitely give it a try. Reminds me of Paula Deen's enthusiasm on cooking. I see her show on TV and feel like my arteries are constricting. Every time I see one of her commercials I feel like getting payday cash advances to set up a consult with a cardiologist. What do her cookbooks consist of

• Yeow! Love it!