So what's the deal with raw grains and raw legumes

JustineJustine Raw Newbie

I was thinking of ordering a mixed bag of raw grains, adzuki beans, and some lentils for sprouting. However, I am finding conflicting info on the health of such foods. Are raw sprouted grains and legumes healthy or are they something to be avoided?

Comments

• sweetsweet Raw Newbie

Raw sprouted grains and legumes, should not be avoided. They are very healthy and have many nutrients, they are also a good source of a low fat protein:). I love to sprout, my favorite sprouts are, buckwheat, lentils mung beans and alfalfa sprouts!! Enjoy eating sprouts with anything. I make a raw lentil soup. Its amazing!!! Eat your sprouts!!!

• bittbitt Raw Starter

some people have trouble digesting them. like me. but i love sprouts from peas, sunflowers, and small seeds.

• sweetsweet Raw Newbie

What kind of digestion problems can people get?

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i get a lot of indigestion from raw grains and beans. mostly bloating and constipation. i basically feel like a rock is in my stomach.

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

the pure raw-grain and beans are toxic, you have to cook, ferment them or of course sprout! crunchy 8).

• JustineJustine Raw Newbie

Oh yeah, definitely planning on sprouting them until they have cute little tails.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I think if you have no problems with them, they can be a part of a healthy diet but are not necessary. They can be avoided w/o a problem.

• sweetsweet Raw Newbie

im sprouting lentils, I love to see them grow!!!! They are crunchy and tasty:)