Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

So what's the deal with raw grains and raw legumes

I was thinking of ordering a mixed bag of raw grains, adzuki beans, and some lentils for sprouting. However, I am finding conflicting info on the health of such foods. Are raw sprouted grains and legumes healthy or are they something to be avoided?

Comments

• Raw sprouted grains and legumes, should not be avoided. They are very healthy and have many nutrients, they are also a good source of a low fat protein:). I love to sprout, my favorite sprouts are, buckwheat, lentils mung beans and alfalfa sprouts!! Enjoy eating sprouts with anything. I make a raw lentil soup. Its amazing!!! Eat your sprouts!!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

some people have trouble digesting them. like me. but i love sprouts from peas, sunflowers, and small seeds.

• What kind of digestion problems can people get?

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i get a lot of indigestion from raw grains and beans. mostly bloating and constipation. i basically feel like a rock is in my stomach.

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

the pure raw-grain and beans are toxic, you have to cook, ferment them or of course sprout! crunchy 8).

• Oh yeah, definitely planning on sprouting them until they have cute little tails.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I think if you have no problems with them, they can be a part of a healthy diet but are not necessary. They can be avoided w/o a problem.

• im sprouting lentils, I love to see them grow!!!! They are crunchy and tasty:)