The new fillings that aren't mercury have carcinogens so they're still toxic. Supposedly, the only nontoxic solution is to remove the tooth. What are others doing? Leaving the mercury fillings or replacing them. I did have to replace two of the mercury fillings because they were leaking/getting too old. I use to have sciatica and read it's from mercury toxicity. After removing the first very large filling it went away immediately. Quite scarey. It wasn't removed properly. There was no rubber damn and I breathed all the vapors. (Now I wouldn't do that since I know the true risk.) I didn't have long term effects that I feel from that exposure.