Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hi everyone!

I’ve been reading the forums for about 3 weeks now and have learned so much from all of you already! I feel connected to you and realized I should just go ahead and join already. I have been vegan for a little over a year and my decision to be more committed to whole foods veganism led me almost instantly to the concept of raw foods. I would like to transition slowly over the course of this coming year, giving myself plenty of time to experiment.I won’t say now that I aspire to 100% raw all of the time. “Mostly raw” sounds great and like a real adventure! I recently did one week of about 75% raw and then decided to sample a cooked vegan curry dish with potatoes and WHITE rice, just to see how my body responded. Wow. I felt awful afterward, very congested.It was fascinating. The week of being mostly raw felt wonderful. I didn’t expect to feel that good that fast, but I did. I can only imagine how I would feel on a sustained raw diet!

I’m so happy to be here and look forward to this journey :)

Comments

• Hi LovesPeter, welcome !!!

• Thanks, Lucy!

Sorry to all for the double Intro post. I just realized it.

• Hey LovesPeter, I have the same experience, whenever I have some cooked food it’s just awful, sets me back about a week I think. (I’ve been 95% raw for 3 months) Staying 100% raw is challenging for sure, but the benefits are wonderful. When I manage it, I feel so good, energtic, almost bouncy is how I describe it, a wonderful lightness of being. I just wish that more restaurants in my town had a truely raw option. Business lunches are difficult. Best of luck and good journeys.

• That’s awesome LovesPeter! That’s the thing so many people wouldn’t believe until it happened to them!