Would you mind answering some research questions?

jos67jos67 Raw Newbie

Hello! I am doing a research paper on the raw food lifestyle as a form of alternative medicine for my health and culture class. I wanted to get some feedback from forum users. Here are some basic and purposefully vague questions I hope you could answer for me. Please be as descriptive or as non-descriptive as you want to be; anything would help!

Why did you start eating raw foods mainly/only?
What does it mean to you to be a raw food eater?
How do you understand health?
What improvements have you seen in your health?
Other than raw food, are there any other alternative medicine choices that practice?
Do you consider this a lifestyle?
What foods do you enjoy consuming?
I will be using false names in my paper as to protect everyone's identity. If you'd like though, I can use your username or real name, just let me know!

Thank you to anyone who answers! Have a lovely day :)

Best Answer

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

Hi :)

Why did you start eating raw foods mainly/only?

I was going through a time of utter exhaustion and someone at work suggested it might be because of my obsession with kettle chips and fried foods in general. I was pretty sure they were wrong because I had a fairly healthy diet (kettle chips and cooking methods aside), but I tried a mostly raw vegan diet for the weeks following that and I was pretty much bouncing off the walls from all of the energy I gained. That was what started it all for me. 

How do you understand health?

It's important to have. smile

What improvements have you seen in your health?

More energy, healthier weight, improved skin. 

Other than raw food, are there any other alternative medicine choices that practice?

Does using teatree oil as an antiseptic count? My doctor is trained in nutrition as well as medicine, so she usually suggests vitamins before resorting to medications. I'm happy with that. I think it's important to focus on prevention and finding the cause of symptoms. I hope that hasn't become solely alternative. 

What foods do you enjoy consuming?

Smoothies, salads, this recipe, half of the desserts on this website. wink I love trying new things (not just desserts). 

What does it mean to you to be a raw food eater?

Do you consider this a lifestyle?

Those two are too philosophical for me. I'm not having a Gandhi moment. laughing

I will be using false names in my paper as to protect everyone's identity. If you'd like though, I can use your username or real name, just let me know!

Just name me after a veggie cool

jos67