Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WATER FILTER?

Does anyone know of a good water filter that removes floride and clorine?

Comments

• Chlorine will actually escape into the air within 24hrs – quicker if you boil the water. Fluoride is a different question though. I checked out the Brita website and it removes lead, copper, and mercury, but they actually say that they don’t remove much fluoride . . . because dentists recomend it. Er, okay. My brother used to work for Nikken and had nothing but good things to say about that company. We’re currently using one of their filters.

• I have used the Aqua Rain water filter for several years and have been very happy with the results. Yes, it removes chlorine.
    http://www.aquarain.com

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

From the http://www.goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/2113 thread of filters

I haven’t seen anyone here post about the Wellness Filter. The ag studies on the site are interesting. I have used this filter in a sports bottle form and I really like it. In addition to everyday use, I have suggested the sports bottle for folks that travel. This is a way of getting filtered water wherever one goes. This filter is only good for treated water and not good for river/lake or other nontreated water. Personally, I would love to get it in a “whole house” system. I keep hearing how showering with filtered water is also a good/important thang.

• Raw_Chocoholic, Does the filter from Nikken it remove clorine and floride? How often do you need to change the filter?

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

The only filters I can think of that will remove Fluoride are activated alumina defluoridation filters and reverse osmosis filters. But I’m not an expert. Have you found any sites that talk about this? I’ve never been able to get an answer from municiple water folks.

• johnjjohnj Raw Newbie
    edited April 2016

Reverse osmosis can remove chlorine and fluoride. Some whole house water filters specialize in removing chlorine too. I used to have a Brita filter, but didn't like it. My reverse osmosis filter is much better.

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

We use an under-sink reverse osmosis system at our house. It does the job. I'm really sensitive to tap water and it gives me a sore throat even with a Brita filter, so reverse osmosis has become the key. 

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar
    edited April 2016

I just use a Brita, but our municipal water supply is one of the better ones.