Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WATER FILTER?

Does anyone know of a good water filter that removes floride and clorine?

Comments

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Chlorine will actually escape into the air within 24hrs – quicker if you boil the water. Fluoride is a different question though. I checked out the Brita website and it removes lead, copper, and mercury, but they actually say that they don’t remove much fluoride . . . because dentists recomend it. Er, okay. My brother used to work for Nikken and had nothing but good things to say about that company. We’re currently using one of their filters.

• I have used the Aqua Rain water filter for several years and have been very happy with the results. Yes, it removes chlorine.
    http://www.aquarain.com

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

From the http://www.goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/2113 thread of filters

I haven’t seen anyone here post about the Wellness Filter. The ag studies on the site are interesting. I have used this filter in a sports bottle form and I really like it. In addition to everyday use, I have suggested the sports bottle for folks that travel. This is a way of getting filtered water wherever one goes. This filter is only good for treated water and not good for river/lake or other nontreated water. Personally, I would love to get it in a “whole house” system. I keep hearing how showering with filtered water is also a good/important thang.

• Raw_Chocoholic, Does the filter from Nikken it remove clorine and floride? How often do you need to change the filter?

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

The only filters I can think of that will remove Fluoride are activated alumina defluoridation filters and reverse osmosis filters. But I’m not an expert. Have you found any sites that talk about this? I’ve never been able to get an answer from municiple water folks.

• johnjjohnj Raw Newbie

Reverse osmosis can remove chlorine and fluoride. Some whole house water filters specialize in removing chlorine too. I used to have a Brita filter, but didn't like it. My reverse osmosis filter is much better.

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

We use an under-sink reverse osmosis system at our house. It does the job. I'm really sensitive to tap water and it gives me a sore throat even with a Brita filter, so reverse osmosis has become the key. 

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

I just use a Brita, but our municipal water supply is one of the better ones. 

• If you have a need to buy a whole house water filter, I would like to recommend Filterway. Their managers can help you find 10" replacement water filters for your whole house. You can find them here - https://filterway.com/replacement-filter-cartridges/replacement-sets/10-x-2-5/ . Filterway offers great prices on all types of water filters and excellent quality products.

• gabrielawgabrielaw Raw Newbie

No filters or treatment systems are a hundred% powerful in eliminating all contaminants from water, and also you need to understand what you want your clear out to do before you go shopping (see Step 1). no longer all filters of a particular kind use the identical era, so that you should study the label carefully.

edited October 2022

Some DIY water filtering methods
    1.Boiling. Heating water at a rolling boil for 1 minute makes it safe to drink. ...
    2.Tablets or drops. Some common water purification or disinfecting tablets and drops include: ...
    3.UV treatment. ...
    4.Activated charcoal. ...
    5.Travel-size sediment filters. ...
    6.DIY portable sediment filters. ...
    7.Fruit peel filters. 

edited October 2022

Springwell CF1 Whole House Water Filter System – Top Rated. ...
    SoftPro Carbon Filter – Best for Budget. ...
    Springwell WS1 Whole House Well Water Filter System – Best for Private Well. ...
    Aquasana Rhino Whole House Filter System – Best for Tap Water. ...
    Pelican Carbon Series.

• hooverjhooverj Raw Newbie
    edited October 2022

You must check the water source and the TDS levels for which the purifier is suited.

• cyrus799cyrus799 Raw Newbie
    edited October 2022

Another effective way to remove fluoride from water is with gravity filters. These lightweight, user-friendly filters can get rid of 97% of the fluoride minerals in water.

• The problem is, when people become more aware of a health scare like fluoride, greedy corporations start to churn out useless products that don’t work in an effort to cash in on peoples concern. Take BPA for instance; people got clued in so companies started manufacturing ‘BPA free’ products. What they don’t tell you is that they switched to using BPS or BPF instead which are just as harmful.

• Drinking safe water can protect you, your family and near & dear ones from fatal health issues. Abhi Ro Water Purifier is the one stop solution to provide safe and sweet drinking water. We are the trusted name when it comes to offering customized water treatment service.

• Hello! It was a discovery for me that refrigerators also have water filters and they need to be changed every six months, for my needs I order such filters on the site https://filterway.com/refrigerator-filters/kenmore/ where I am sure of their quality and Thanks to them, I get high-quality purified water.

• Yes, there are several water filters available on the market that can effectively remove fluoride and chlorine from water. Here are a few options you can consider:

Reverse Osmosis (RO) Filters: RO filters are known for their ability to remove a wide range of contaminants, including fluoride and chlorine. They use a semi-permeable membrane to filter out impurities, providing you with clean and purified water.
    Activated Carbon Filters: Activated carbon filters, such as activated carbon block filters or granular activated carbon (GAC) filters, are commonly used to remove chlorine and organic compounds from water. Some activated carbon filters also have the capacity to reduce fluoride levels.
    Distillation Filters: Distillation is a process that involves boiling water and collecting the condensed steam, leaving behind impurities like fluoride and chlorine. Distillation filters are effective in removing various contaminants, including these chemicals.
    Ion Exchange Filters: Ion exchange filters work by replacing unwanted ions, such as fluoride and chlorine, with more desirable ions. These filters can help reduce fluoride levels in water.
    Gravity Filters with Specialized Cartridges: Some gravity water filters come with specialized cartridges designed to remove fluoride and chlorine. These filters typically use a combination of activated carbon and other filtration media.
    When looking for a water filter, make sure to check the product specifications and look for one that explicitly mentions the removal of fluoride and chlorine. It's also essential to consider factors like filter lifespan, maintenance requirements, and the capacity of the filter to meet your specific needs.

• ella7 said:

Yes, there are several water filters available on the market that can effectively remove fluoride and chlorine from water. Here are a few options you can consider:

Reverse Osmosis (RO) Filters: RO filters are known for their ability to remove a wide range of contaminants, including fluoride and chlorine. They use a semi-permeable membrane to filter out impurities, providing you with clean and purified water.
    Activated Carbon Filters: Activated carbon filters, such as activated carbon block filters or granular activated carbon (GAC) filters, are commonly used to remove chlorine and organic compounds from water. Some activated carbon filters also have the capacity to reduce fluoride levels.
    Distillation Filters: Distillation is a process that involves boiling water and collecting the condensed steam, leaving behind impurities like fluoride and chlorine. Distillation filters are effective in removing various contaminants, including these chemicals.
    Ion Exchange Filters: Ion exchange filters work by replacing unwanted ions, such as fluoride and chlorine, with more desirable ions. These filters can help reduce fluoride levels in water.
    Gravity Filters with Specialized Cartridges: Some gravity water filters come with specialized cartridges designed to remove fluoride and chlorine. These filters typically use a combination of activated carbon and other filtration media.
    When looking for a water filter, make sure to check the product specifications and look for one that explicitly mentions the removal of fluoride and chlorine. It's also essential to consider factors like filter lifespan, maintenance requirements, and the capacity of the filter to meet your specific needs.

• The Zero water pitchers! Each one comes with a water tester so you can test the water before, after and water at restaurants or water bottles. The tester lets you know when it's time to change the filter too.

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    leanneh said:

The Zero water pitchers! Each one comes with a water tester so you can test the water before, after and water at restaurants or water bottles. The tester lets you know when it's time to change the filter too.

That one, I need!