Does anybody have a good recipe using beans? Before going raw I loved having a cup of cooked beans each day

• joescjoesc Raw Master

I wish I knew that information also. I had tried this black bean dip and it was awful. I also tried hummus and that was not to my liking, I think if I added the tahini it would help but I am allergic. I know that there are a lot of beans that are toxic raw so there might not be that many recipes.

• Raw beans are not very digestible and generally taste nothing like cooked beans. You can make a good hummus using zuchinni instead of chickpeas and the taco meat recipe on this site is soooo good, you can use it like refried beans.

• Gabriel Cousens has a great recipe for hummus: 1 C macademia unsoaked, 1 C almond soaked, 1 C sesame seeds unsoaked, 5 tbsp lemon juice, 3 cloves garlic, 1 C water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp celtic sea salt, 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper. Opt : ginger. Blend it and chop some parsley on it,and sprinkle paprika and oil.

• Does anyone have anything they use in place of beans? I was a really big bean eater…kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans…you get the picture! Any suggestions would be most welcome!

• joescjoesc Raw Master

There isn’t anything that can replace beans but there is a spicy walnut recipe that is good on this site. I use to eat beans every day too. It would be garbanzo beans, northern beans, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, etc You name it I ate it but I had to let it go. The reason why you won’t find anything because the taste in my opinion is unique.

• I miss beans too. :(

The mock hummus and refried recipes I’ve seen tend to feature nuts and seeds. Certainly not the same macronutrient ratio as beans (i.e., high fat vs high protein).

• No bean substitue…bummer…that’s what I was afraid of :-)...

I’ll try the recipes you recommended…

Thanks for the responses!