Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• Does the new king james version have all the veres?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

They didn't compare NKJV, but it did mention that the NJKV has removed "LORD" 66 times and has changed "Jesus is son" to "Jesus is servant".

I shall point out this other verse because it's about FOOD! Compare the KJV & NIV of Mark 7:19. One declares all foods clean, and the other doesn't.

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

That's why I have a Bible from te year 1599, before the KJV even. there are so many "slippery slopes" it's not funny. the newer the versions, the more scripture has been watered down. LIke it says "Many will fall away from the faith" at the end of times. You gotta be careful.

Totally not-raw topic, but totally Christian topic... something to consider when researching in God's word.

We just watched a couple DVDs (Battle of the Bibles & Changing the Word) where we learned something quite interesting... comparing the KJV with the NIV & RSV. The following verses are NOT found in the NIV & RSV; but, they are found in the KJV.

Matt 17:21, 18:11, 23:14

Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46, 11:26, 15:28

Luke 17:36, 23:17

John 5:4

Acts 8:37, 15:34, 24:6-8, 28:29

Romans 16:24

I Tim 2:7, 4:22

The following verses are modified verses. Compare the KJV with NIV & RSV to see exactly what is modified in the NIV & RSV.

Acts 9:5-6, 24:6-8

Romans 8:1, 11:6

Galatians 3:1, 3:17, 4:7, 6:17

Ephesians 3:14

Colossians 1:2, 1:14

I Timothy 3:16

Why does this matter? Well, all these removed and modified verses make it hard/impossible to prove that Jesus is the fulfillment of prophecy... and Jesus' diety! Just read for yourself. Compare also 1 John 5:7.

Cool missemy! Is your 1599 bible in English? Was it one of the bible's based on traditional text? This is where we eventually have the KJV.

Or is it a Jesuit or Roman Catholic bible? ...if that makes sense. (I'm learning... so I hope this makes sense.)

Yes, it is in english. It actually comes from the pilgrims !!! SO, their take on those two groups is not positve, as who can blame the, They had just fled their persecution. but you can only gather that from their notes that are included. You can get it at this site. warning though, as this site some Chrisitans don't want to see as it has a lot of truth on there; regarding these end of times. www.cuttingedge.org

God speed in your search.

emily

Nice. So you have all the "missing texts"!

I am just amazed learning about this... oh, so much to learn.

Thanks.

Yes, and too...it's actually easier to read than the kings james. would also like to read missing books, especially about the nephillians, but that's a whole other subject.

Hey, I wanted to share...I just called the # for jurty duty, and I don't have to report. Normally it isn't easy with my health, but now with eating raw??? I would really miss my kitchen.

just thought I'd share !!! Thank you Lord !!!!

• I am a raw Christian too. I run a Christian website, forums and chat room. Join me so that we can chat about raw foods and Jesus.

http://www.jesustakemyhand.com/forums

God Bless

• Hey Guys! I don't necessarily call myself a Christain anymore, but a Christ follower. In the South, being a "Christian" has a totally different meaning. I am no where near vegetarian/vegan/ or raw. I actually just starting researching the way of life after seeing some things about Green Smoothies on a blog I love. I have seen several comments about other "Christians" looking down on those that eat raw or vegan, and actually have found the opposite to be true where I live. I live in a community where there are alot of food purists and such and they actually have some kind of pride issue going on regarding their diet! It is definately not my heart to stir up conflict, but I guess I have been put off to this way of life because of this attitude. If this is the diet and/or lifestyle for me....great! If not, great! I do not, however, want to be "religious" or "pious" about food choices. If God is leading someone to live, either way, then they should follow that leading! Blessings to you guys!

charliemum, that's an interesting link... with really good info. however, many are lengthy to read for an initial post... and sometimes I can't tell where someone quotes or responds to a quote which makes it difficult to read. Anyway, it's interesting to browse through... and many topics are interesting!

Redtamberine: I agree to: If God is leading someone to live, either way, then they should follow that leading!

missemy, is there a way to know the differences between the Geneva (w/o footnotes, etc) and the KJV?

I found an online Geneva bible... free download. So, I'm going to take a look at it... but I'm wondering if you know the major differences... or a link.

Boy Germin8 I don't know. When I was doing some major research on secret societies I came across it. And I went to my website but it really didn't give any information regarding the differences, but it is on sale, for only 29.95 ;) You might google "differences bible king james NIV"...something like that. as I know I read sites on it a few years ago.

I am not doing well, breathren in Christ. I did the oil pulling that some do on this site, really didn't feel good after doing it for just 4 minutes, then craved things with oil (avacados, sundried tomatoes, and "fudge" (with cashews and coconut oil)) well, have spent the whole day in a loose dress as I can't have anything on my stomach. Sick as a dog !! :( Albeit at least everything was raw, but can't even look at food. I have hepatitus C, so need to consider that my liver isn't equiped to overindulge, or maybe the oil pulling thing stirred a lot of stuff up.

well, please lift me in prayer, I need to get well.

em

• I'm a christian too :)

Thanks missemy. Just thought to ask. I'll be looking into it when I have free time, some people in my bible study group may be curious about it.

I can't believe oil pulling for one day for 4 minutes could really stir things up enough to make you 'sick as a dog'.

Will be praying for you.

Welcome, GuitarChick94.

• Wow, I'm excited to find so many people here loving Jesus and committed to health and healing. I have a laundry list of health problems that are partly hereditary & partly food-over-indulgent related. After being raised on the SAD diet and going through a tramatic experience shortly after my daughters were born, I began to make all sorts of excuses as to why I deserved this treat & that treat. Thankfully, I serve the God of restoration who is in His very essence healing. I know He's asked me to seek this raw lifestyle for my daughters and I. So far I'm having a blast. -Look forward to getting know all of you. ~Blessings.

• Germin,

I know that nothing is on there because I haven't had the time to do anything yet but I am going to set up a place really soon. I will have another link soon that will have information. I am studying and reading all I can do, I love to learn.

I am trying.

God bless

take care

Germin8, Yeah I know. But you have to understand, haivng Hep C means my liver has been compramized. So, unable to detox as well as others. and I think it was more my reaction to it, as I went on a binge to get the oil tast out of my mouth. I did wake up without the awul 'get me to my toothbrush" feel though, so it must have done some good. I may try it with coconut oil as someone suggested. the sesame seed gagged ;)

thanks, will keep plugging away.

e and welcom guitar chick too. it;s nice to know we are not alone, as many christians feel that we are new age when we eat raw, I guess Adam and Eve were new age then ;)

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

Hey,

My name is Kara and I'm a christian too. I think Jesus is awesome. He lived a life of fasting. You see it throughout the Bible.

The 3 days He spent walking and teaching the people, and then when they were going to leave them Jesus knew they needed food.

That's when He did the miracle of the loaves and the fish.

Jesus fasted and he told us to fast too. That is why raw food is like an everyday fast, but what ever fast you do, God is please that you

are wanting to see Him and give Him something to work with.

John the baptist came not eating or drink. His was a wild man and he ate wild honey and locust (aka locust bean not the bug).

He lived a raw food lifestyle. Unless he cooked his locust beans.

Anyway, why would you want to eat the food of the world when you can have the food that the Creator prepared for us with love.

A great website is www.freedomyou.org it has really help me with christian fasting.

We have the HolySpirit living in us, and I am so blessed by my Teacher everyday.

• Hi everybody,

I have opened a new website for Christian for Living Food, http://www.christianforlivingfood.com . It is new and not much on it but you can join and put things there. I will be adding to it as much as I can but please feel free to join, to advertise your website. To talk about God and how He works with you on eating raw.

Please remember it is new and nothing is really there yet but am hoping I can feel it with lost of stuff.

Take Care

God bless

• From the looks of it, many of you are fairly experienced in the raw food journey. I'm transitioning into it. I do really well for the about the first half of the day and by nights end I'm compromising all over the place. Do you have any advice to give this novice?

Blessings,

jesusfreak

1st, welcome :)

are you eating too much fruit? maybe your blood sugar levels are too high, and your setting yourself up to crave things and cave. maybe make your food in the morning for the rest of the day, then you have something to grab that your excited to eat. we are so programmed for fast food, if it's already made...it's fast !

success in your attempts,

emily

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Wow, was I ever excited to see this topic! I'm a raw (high raw) Christian too! I was introduced to Hallelujah Acres about 5 years or so ago by my mom, who fought her own health issues by going completely raw. I started having health problems and my mom passed along her wisdom, experience and Hallelujah Acres books to me! We are both physically well today and our spiritual lives are even better! Than God for His wonderful provisions for us! Not only did He provide us a body that is capable of healing...He gave us all the tools for it to happen too!

• Thanks so much Emily. I so appreciate your response. I am excited to try new foods this week. I'll be firing up the dehydrator in a short while to make some snacks for the week. Yes, I think I am eating too much foods. Also, I haven't quite kicked the caffeine yet and think that may be part of it. I have gone all day today w/out and am shockingly feeling great. I've done alot of studying recipies this weekend and feel like I'm getting more and more equipped every day. I love this forum or track, (haven't quite caught up on the lingo yet), but am loving all the encouragement found here. -Here's to health and growing in the Lord!

Jesusfreak~ (love the name btw) You could check out hallelujah acres website...I think its hacres.com. It's a biblically based raw food (85% raw, 15% cooked) site. They have a sample diet on there and in the book Recipes for Life. Its helped me a ton with food combining and basic meal ideas and just how to eat on a day to day basis.

I am so glad, now I need, I had too much fruit today, and am having trouble with my throat, not sure why. But, my husband has given me 4 days of raw, so need to step it up as now I am "cooking" for two. Need to be that proverbs 31 woman tomorrow ;)

and I am going to look into the Hallelujah Acres, I remember when that came out and just rolled my eyes...you never know where the Lord will lead you ;)

in Christ,

Emily

• Thank you Juicefastfan. I have a friend whom I barrow that book from occassionally. Yes, they are chalk full of wisdom and good recipies. Thank you for the reminder. Also, I just used my Borders 40% off coupon and bought the Sarma Melngailis book "Raw Food Real World". The chocolate pudding was good...can't wait to get a vitamix though, and I have almond butter cookies in the dehydrator now. So far so good. I made a wonderful banana icecream yesterday that all of us loved. Also, since I'm in the transition stage, I had some of a roasted chicken today and I'm actually excited to say, I felt disgusting after I ate it. It was not agreeing w/ my gut. -Quick question, when you juice fast, do you have a regimen, or a suggested schedule, favorite juices? I have been increasing my green smoothies and feeling so good.

& Emily, how are you feeling. In Jesus' name may every cell and molecule of your body come into alignment with Jesus Christ who is health & healing in His very nature;) Have a wonderful day tomrorrow.

Thanks for asking, and your prayer :), better this morning. no fruit today, but did have a reation to tomoto sauce :(. My husband got really hungrey while I was out on errands, and did have some potato soup,:( but at least no meat today. He got the feeling he was coming down with the flu, the first day !!! geeze, so you know we have to go slow with it. but he said he will continue.

Wow, sounds yummy! I LOVE getting new recipe books! My favorite pre-raw recipe book was Moosewoods, but now I primarily use the hacres recipes. I really like their star recipe ratings. I make sure I do all 5 star meals when I'm first coming off a fast, and it maes it so easy just to flip to those recipes and see what sounds the best! I just bought a new dehydrator too, and can't wait til I get to try out some of the recipes on here after my fast! There are some amazing looking dehydrator recipes...almost makes me wish my fast was done tomorrow instead of two weeks from tomorrow!

I try to stick to at least a minimum of juicing 6 times a day, 8 ounces at a time, my basic "formula" is 60% carrot juice and then I go from there (trying to stick to my basic food combining guidelines) with whatever I have on hand. My favorite juice is carrot, apple and romaine. In-between juicing I make sure I'm also drinking my h2O to help flush the toxins out, and I do basic stretching exercises to keep the lymph fluid going but nothing too over-strenuous. I will also drink one green smoothie a day, usually during the morning before work or school. The best thing to remember during a juice fast is to not give your stomach anything to digest cus once that digestion system wakes up...you get hungry!

• I am not a 'Christian' in the obviousl sense of the word, but am very interested in the essence behind all faiths ... and also in the studies that have been done of the origianl Aramiac sayings of Jesus ..... which give quite a different flavour to what he was trying to tell us. WHilst researching all this I came across a book called The Essene Gospel of Jesus Christ ... in there you will find many refeences to food, to why we should not kill any living thing, to why we should not cook our food ..... it is fascinating .... however I also take into acccount that Jesus would have been speaking to people who lived in a very hot climate at the time ! If you read about Chinese Medecine, they say that in a climate like we have in England for example, it is NOT healthy to be completely raw because we need to nurture what they term our 'digestive fire' which can be weakened by too much raw food....OK if you live in hot climate, but not so good for us folk who have to deal with so much damp and cold ! THis also makes sense to me, plus we all have diffrerent constitutions. Green foods, algaes etc shoudl not be consumed too much by certain constitutional types, I have heard. Anyway going off the point a bit - just wanted to receommend that book really !

Caroline