Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• Hi BreakingFree!

Great to know we have some Christians on the site who are living healthy. Welcome!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Hi to all of the new rawers. Glad to hear you are cleaning up Gods Temple. I have found it to be such a joy to know this body is now released from food addictions. Plus, it is being renew every day.

• aimeeaimee Raw Newbie

Hi, I'm a christian and trying to be raw.I'm surprised that there are so many christians.

• I've only come to goneraw a few times looking for recipes. Today I find the forum and was horrified by comments in the A/A thread. I was delighted to find this thread.

So here I am . . . . Christian and gathering information and raw/super foods like crazy. I get going in the raw direction and then get de-railed.

I have always believed that you are what you eat but that it is also soooooo very important what you feed your brain. I really need to stay engaged in forums and newsletters, etc. to keep myself focused on what is truly right and good for my temple.

Going raw has really made sense to me. We spend waaaaay too much resources and energy on feeding the middle of the food chain (the animals we fatten up for eating). Yes, if a percentage of the population went vegan there would be plenty of land to grow enough food to feed the world.

Thank you for the thread. I was beginning to wonder if all raw foodies thought they were their own personal God and that NATURE was God. Let's face it, nature is beautiful but it is brutal, too. What part of nature is the Agnostics' God? The pretty stuff, the brutality, or both?

Just a thought . . . .

Glad to be amongst you good folks here.

Laura J

Hi, have any of you gone to www.hacres.com forum? They are 85% raw, but I am 99% raw and have been a member for a long time. It is set up by Christians. A very nice place to be once in awhile.

• How thrilling to find fellow Christians!

I love eating raw, but don't care for the new age or Eastern religion overtones either. It's nice to find fellow Christians doing this for health, just like me.

By the way, I ran into something similar when I started doing yoga. I find it to be fantastic exercise and especially great for toning. But the classes I went to had too much of that focus as well for my taste.

I think it just so happens that people in these cultures are more aware or more open to this.

Belinda

• I am a born again christian too.I too have started this lifestyle to better take care of my temple so I can serve God better.It has also helped me with anxiety.I feel alot happier eating raw.I am still a newbee even though I have been a healthnut for some time.Glad too meet some fellow believers.

• I love Jesus. God gave us the optimal diet, as you all know, in the garden of Eden, and the closer I get to that, the closer I feel to

Him. The enemy tries to pollute our minds and get access to our brain, through our bodies. The body is a support system for the brain wherein can dwell the Holy Spirit if we allow and which does Gods work through us. It is so important to eat healthy and maintain control over appetite, I believe it with all my heart and yet i I struggle everyday, but with Christ and through Him I can have victory. Praise God for what He has done, he has led many of us to a healthier understanding of how to treat our bodies. I love reading Matthew 4 and realizing the importance of control over appetite, the first of Christ's trials in the wilderness. It gives me hope because He overcame! The wonderful thing is that this healthy lifestyle can be used to bring others who are sick to Christ, through healing them with proper diet and lifestyle suggestions, Praise God we can be a part of His Ministry of Healing. . If we pray and ask God to communicate what we should eat, to better communicate with HIs Holy Spirit, yearning to do His will, I know we can find the answers we need to achieve Optimum health

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I have a friend who just gave birth to twins at home just shy of 6 months. They were airlifted to a neonatal unit and are currently holding their own. Birth weights were 2 pounds, and just shy of 2 pounds. I'd appreciate your remembering them in your thoughts and prayers. What a blessing to be able to reach out to all my raw Christian friends in this community in times of need.

May God richly bless each and everyone of you this season.

• Raw CurlsRaw Curls Raw Newbie

I am Christian (Messianic Jew) and it's great to stumble upon this thread. It is hard to find a niche, as the general Christian community tends to eat bad food and the general raw community is into a lot of new age/universe/mother earth spirituality. I do have a handful of online and in person fellow Christian friends who are into raw foods though. However I kind of like being different and not fitting into any particular mold.

I love this site because it is okay that different topics are brought up. I've been on other sites where spirituality (particularly Christian) is not allowed to be discussed nor particular eating styles such as 80-10-10, yet other religious/spiritual practices and other eating styles are tolerated. Thank you goneraw!

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Well cool, I learned something new today. Never knew of your unique Christian/Jewish religion till this. Thanks RC. Although I was born and raised Catholic I dont attend church now but am very glad for all those who do so with the goal of being more Christ-like. I suppose my issues with religion really dont belong on this thread as I would like to keep it as positive and uplifting as possible.

So, all good thoughts and prayers to those little ones emtpdmom (and to Ray & Kandace with their little one on the way)

Merry Christmas to ALL!

• Raw CurlsRaw Curls Raw Newbie

Hi gratefultobe, now I just figured out how to check answered posts ha ha. I find that the Jewish and Catholic religions are very similar in that they tend to be more religious than spiritual, there are a lot of rules & laws o follow, etc. Lots of little rituals, sometimes that makes things more rich and interesting, :-)

Have any of you found that gluttony is hardly preached about? I am constantly hearing about all kind of sins from gambling to adultery, but nobody touches on the sin of gluttony. In fact many preachers will joke about junk food like it's a good thing. And of course Sunday school classes and youth groups/Bible studies freely distribute bad food.

Amazing thought! Now that would be love. It's almost like they might be worried about not being PC. Weird.

• I am all new at this. I am a 44 year old Christian, with two children at home, 10 and 8 and two older who have moved on. I have great difficulty in getting motivated. But thanks to a friend who recommended this site, I will give it a try. I do enjoy smoothies and over the years I have made my favourite breakfast one (1 apple, 1 banana, 1 orange, 3 Tbs. hemp, 1 Tbsp honey, 8 ice cubes and 1 cup of juice on top.) My problem is, that I don't get a lot of support, but I do want to be eating better and getting into shape. I way over 200 lbs. and really struggling. Would you be able to guide me and help me to make a plan and stick with it? I appreciate all the comments that I have read, and do feel encouraged. Thanks everyone for writing and sharing. I have enjoyed going through this site.

Hi Mom of Four,

I know you will be feeling more satisfied and able to avoid the 'no nutrition anyway' types of food if you try to stick to all raw. Don't feel bad cause it's a real learning process in the beginning. In fact don't feel bad if you just hang out here and listen for awhile or get books for a few months before you say 'today's the day'. That's exactly what I did and I have seen the same was true for many others.

BUT the most important thing to remember is if you have some cooked food for any reason it's no big deal. You mustn't beat yourself up over a little bit of rice or whatever. It's just a real self defeating thing to do to someone who is doing great the majority of the time.

Now, if you are really needing a program, they are out there. Click on or search Raw Curls or Kristine's Raw name and go to their websites. Check around, there are seasoned (lol) raw fooders who have made it their profession to guide and coach. Pick what feels right for you. I always liked getting on utube and typing in raw food. Karen Knowler is great there too.

Good luck and I do sympathize with being the only raw one in the house. It makes it super tough when tempting old stuff is laying around. BUT I think you'll notice when you fall back into old 'comfort' foods your feel like yuck! why did I do that? I think I'll stop.

Best Regards, Mary

ps I'm 43 & have been doing this a few months but wont ever stop :)

emptdmom I am sorry I didn't see your post until now. I hope the babies are pulling through. Please give us an update, so we will know how to pray.... thanks

A note to those who don't understand why eating is not mentioned in churches. First off most pastors don't know. They have been raised and lived just like you and I.

I think that is why God has raised us up. We are disciples of a healthy way of eating. The Word says to get wisdom, knowledge and understanding . So the first step I took was to get books about raw eating. How SAD food effects the body, compared to raw vegan. Then good recipe books, plus scripture. I see www.hacres.com forum is off but they still do have informational books and other help along this line (in a Christian light). My recipe books are from other sources as H.A. is only 85% raw so their books go along with their program. With these tools we can help our brothers and sisters in Christ, along with helping none believers too. Some will except the right way of eating and some wont. Just like salvation. For me I try to be a good example and drop little tid-bits, figuring sooner or later they will get so curious, that they will start asking questions. ....Other times I have to be more in your face, as it is a one time conversation but very important or a life situation. In a round about way, I let every one know I eat raw vegan, just to get that curiosity going.

Being the only one who doesn't eat SAD at home is very hard, but for me I had to say This is for me. God created the right foods for this body I live in. If the other foods God did not create or cook then who did, and why? See what I am getting at? This has given me more determination to keep with Gods food.

Hope my long ramblings are of help.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Beany, it's good to hear from you. Thanks for your inquiry about the babies. They were born early in the morning (in the bathroom) and one of them was not breathing. That they survived the first hour or so is already a miracle. A neighbor who is a nurse was on the scene within minutes, and her calm manner, quick thinking and actions made a big difference. They were first transported to a small local hospital with no neonatal facilities or equipment, then flown to Birmingham, AL. When we got out for Christmas holidays December 19th, they were holding their own. Pictures of them were amazing. They're so very tiny. I probably won't know anything more until we get back to school on January 6th, but I'll certainly give an update then. Thank you for your prayers.

They know gluttony is a sin but are more comfortable ignoring it.

You are right about gluttony. I know many churches are having classes on weight control. So there is a bright light. It takes baby steps for most people. I know God led me through many steps (concerning food) before I heard about eating raw vegan.

emtpdmom- School????

• Im a christian as well and loves all of the wonderful raw and healthy foods our creator has given us! : )

scrapperjoe-

Nice to know there are more Christians on gone raw.

Commenting about your handle. Have you ever lived in Alaska?

• I just wanted to add myself to the list! I haven't started eating raw yet as I'm finishing up a Master Cleanse, but after that, I'm going to transition to raw as much as I can.

Any suggestions y'all can give me on eating raw while traveling/dining out would be helpful! I'm thinking salads are about the only option.

• Wow, great thread! I have been lurking and reading (A LOT!) for the past few days. I am a Christian and on this raw food journey thanks to a very dear "raw foodie" friend. I am about 3 days in. I am not, and may never be 100% raw, but am working toward at least 75%.

Kitty

• Hi momof4,

I too used to weigh over 200lbs, I now weigh 185 which is still high but my body has changed, I am more muscular and my shape has changed too. I would incorporate as much greens as possible, and although this is hard especially for a stay at home mom with young kids, I would revv up my exercise routine as much as possible.

If you can find a way to move your body and eat raw, no matter what just raw in the beginning really helps, the weight will melt off, you will feel good about yourself and everything will be great. I am so thankful to God that he has put you on this path, God bless you and your family.

When I initially decided to eat a raw food diet, I weighed 229lbs, I was bloated, sluggish and depressed. I ate raw, mostly desserts and nuts and dates and fruit and these lush salads with avocado, creamy dressings and I still lost weight! Once I lost the inital 20lbs, I started walking, the endorphins started releasing and I felt great. Give it a try, don't fret or worry too much about what you eat, keep it raw,vegan and if you feel the need to steam some stuff, just keep it vegan, and give up on cooked starches,bread, pasta, rice, pastries and you will see so much happen to your body. Again, many blessings xo Dea

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

For those still following this thread, please pray for a friend of mine, she recently found out she has an abnormality in her thyroid that could be cancer, they plan on taking it out some soon, but she has at least a month before that. She has been highly raw for about 6 months now and will likely be switching to all raw soon in hopes of curing this. If she goes back in a month and the abnormality is gone they won't have to remove any of it. But if it is still there they will have to remove it and test for cancer. Especially pray for her stress levels right now. I immagine she is going crazy. I will update when I know more.

Of course Caleb. For your friends good health and peace of mind. Miracles happen =)

• Let's hear it for the LORD who gives us this kind of opportunity to encourage each other. YEAH! I'm working on my second week of getting my feet wet. The recipes I've tried amaze me. I feel great and am looking forward to so many of the healthful benefits. This morning was an attack morning - three hours of waves of nausea. Could it be the season? I'm feeling much better this evening but didn't get past the green smoothie this morning - actually I was already feeling ill prior. It wasn't the smoothies fault! Smile. Kathy

Calebs friend,

I have told my story a few times on Gone Raw so wont go into it now. Besides the smoothies, This is what I would do. Take lots of veg. juices especially with carrots as the base, then put in like half a beet some kale or collard leaves. This should be for about 2 glasses. Drink 7-8, 8oz. glasses a day. If I could do it, I also would drink a raw powdered barley or dark grass type. Drink 2-3, 8 oz. glasses a day. I get my barley at www.hacres.com In the natural I don't know if just one month will be a long enough time, but, "With God, all things are possible."

maykatcooper,

Could be the season, or it could be more detoxing. Even when I was in my third year of high raw, I still had detox symptoms.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Thanks beany, I will mention that to her. I think she has all the dietary help she needs though, she lives with her sister and brother-in-law and both are hard core raw foodies and he works for a raw food supplement company so is extremely knowledgeable on stuff like that. They are the ones that got me started eating raw.

Caleb .... When H.A. was going, there was always some one asking for information concerning thyroid problems. Seems to be another modern disease brought on by modern environment.

Sorry I couldn't help, but we know God can. I'll be praying about it. Please keep us posted.