Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• I posted on the A/A thread because I did not know if maybe someone over there may know her, or be in contact with her (waterbaby). I am concerned about her, also, and my heart goes out to her! I too, read about all the food prep that she was getting prepared for. She fell carrying some of it into her house. I was worried that she may get up and over do, or worse, injur herself again before she even gives herself time to heal!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Beany,

Are you saying that you are problem free or sinless…..? Not trying to judge you, I just want to understand you.

Yes, God sees us as sinless and yes, we give out problems to God….but, we all still have problems, right?

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I am sure you have read PS.91. For me I stand on this scriptures. I have them hid in my heart.If the enemy tries to make me worry or have fear. I Tell him NO! the “Word says.” Then I quote PS.91 or some other scripture that I may be standing on. My example is Jesus when Satan tempted Him. “The Word said.”.Satan has to obey the Word. Problems come from Satan, I don’t have to receive them. Jesus over powered Satan, and Jesus said we can do as He did. So yes, I am problem free. The Bible says I am righteous in Gods eyes, therefore I am sinless.I would not purposely go out and sin just because Jesus Blood has covered my sin, but if I did something not pleasing to God the Holy spirit convicts me and I immediately ask forgiveness. Therefore, as I am sitting right here I can say I am sinless. and problem free.

• shgadwa-in light of all the discussion of the past few days, including this one, I have a scripture for you. 2 Tim. 2:16-24. And 1 Cor. 10:13. Really study them, and don’t just glaze over them. We have to realize that God is just and faithful. You may want to carry your sins around like a badge of your humanity, youth, or whatever, but God will forgive and forget in a moment. 1 John. 1:9. Seize the horns of the altar and don’t let go until you get relief from your burdens!

• Hey my people.

Sorry for the late response. My blog is at : http://longerstrongerliving.blogspot.com/2007/0…

I have not updated in a while, but I think I need to refresh the site. Please give me your comments. Naturodude- how did you find my blog?

Peace.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Supposed to be working right now…... :) But I will study those scriptures tonight.

God bless! Praises to Yeshua the son of the living God!

• shgadwa-That is great! I ended up reading several scriptures surrounding those last night and then praying until I fell asleep. I am going to do more study in Timothy today. The scriptures raised more questions and I am on a quest for truth. Of course prayer and the word should be taken together so that you will be fully enlightened.

joypeace-I enjoyed your blog! You have a beautiful black face, but I could not see your nappy hair. My hair is a bit nappy, but I do not have a beautiful black face to go along with it. My face is white and a bit drawn from not eating right in the past, although it is getting better as the days go by! I do have cousins that are white, but thier hair is very nappy like black people. They get straitners put on it because it is so hard to care for, so I can relate! I like natural better! I have not been able to trasition into totally natural hair yet. I just wish I could so that I could totally tame this mane of hair that God has given me!

• Hey pulse- do you have any pictures of yourself? 

• Hey, joypeace! I am thinking about starting some sort of blog and post before and after pics of myself. So far I am still in the before stage! The people around here have to put up with my uglies, but right now I don’t want to send my uglies clear around the world! LOL!

Beany, I am going to read PS 91 tonight and meditate on it. Thanks!

I am glad waterbaby is back on. Interesting how we miss people on the forum. I have been on H.A. forum for almost a year, Being a small forum, we really miss people when they drop out, or have to be gone for awhile.The people of our church are going through Ps. and the new Testament for the year.I have been getting some nice pearls.

I don’t understand it. I stay in the “before stage” for more than 3 years. My DH goes raw, eats what I eat, and loses 15 pounds in 2 weeks. grrrrr

• PEACE, everyone.

On the area of to have or not to have problems- when my pastor was asked during an interview if he had problems, he answered that maybe they came and he didn’t know it. I too have imbibed this scripturally-aligned frame of mind. Problems are not the portion of the Sons of God. As many of you have rightfully pointed out, Ps. 91 offers some powerful nuggets of this Truth.

For every believer in Christ, no evil (or problems) shall befall you, neither any plague come nigh your habitation (Ps. 91:10).

Problems DO exist, but they are not the portion of the righteous. They may TRY to come around you, but the Bible makes it quite clear: A thousand (problems) shall fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, but IT SHALL NOT COME NEAR YOU! (Ps. 91:7).

AMEN AND AMEN!

• Pulse- I went through the “ugly duckling” stage for about 8 months. If you send me a picture, I will advise you on how to make the most of it. PEACE

• joypeace-are you referring to frizzy hair? I am currently using some syrum stuff from walmart to try to keep it under control, but it looks greasy sometimes when it is not. Then if I do not wash it the greasy look and feel just gets worse and still frizzy! Sometimes I wish I were black so I could wear those cool braids and twists all over! :)

• shgadwa-I did not mean any harm in what I wrote over on the alchohol thread. I think you have a lot of good intentions and I do not want to offend you!

I have seen all colors with, cool braids. They look rather nice. So braid away.

joypeace, concerning problems. What you said,did my heart good today.

• Hi, I’m a Christian and have turned to eating raw foods in order to control psoraisis. I have refused conventional treatment for this illness as it rarely works without side effects. I have eaten a diet rich in veg and fruits but with wholegrains and meats for years but when my skin appeared only to get worse I explored a vegan option. But when i heard about Raw foods and Raw eating I felt it would be much easier than vegan. I have always believed that the food we eat should be as God our Father provided it, not preserved, artifially sweetened, coloured or flavoured, chemically enhanced or devitalized. So i have always baked breads and baked as my kids grew up. I also believe that the body has a miraculous ability to repair itself through fasting and natural raw foods. So i aim to eat Raw most of the time, though just of late i am adding some steamed veg as well, no butter though, just steamed veg. I have not had the opportunity to share my journey with others at our church yet, but may be one day. They already see me as a nutter – this may confirm their suspicians :)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master
    beany, you mentioned:

However, I do believe that the fruit and herb is better for us, as the nut is not a whole food unless we consume it with the hull, and who would do that?

What do you mean by a nut is not a whole food without the hull? Why not? And, yes, why would you eat it like that. If I understand you correctly, why would peel fruit anyway… or pick it off a tree… or de-seed it. Maybe I missed your point… so, I’m asking for clarification. :o) Thanks.

And a point shgadwa made a long while back about the ‘junky’ food and being in sin. Well, the fall of man had to do with food…. so I find it interesting that food, so unnatural these days, is still the cause of what makes us sick, and yes, maybe even sin!

Dr. Lorraine Day mentioned something about Jesus dying for our afflictions (as well). And, I haven’t studied this at all, but she made it sound like our afflictions are our diseases. Again, I haven’t watched her videos or anything… a friend told me this, and I found it interesting… maybe one day worth looking into it further and checking out the interlinear and parallel bibles.

• WOW ~ look at all the raw Christians!

I have been trying to focus on increasing whole, unprocessed foods in my diet and tripped across the “raw” lifestyle a few weeks ago. I immediately said to myself, “that’s so extreme … I don’t think I could ever do that” but no matter what I do or say, I keep thinking about it and researching it. Maybe I could do it.

As I learn more about this healthy way of eating, I’m wondering what people use as creamer in their coffee. I have decreased my coffee/caffeine consumption dramatically but am not interested in deleting it from my life all together … any ideas?

• ananya-You will never know until you go! I was at the same point you are about 10 yrs ago and stayed there for years until I finally just went ahead and started eating raw. I was not an overnighter, but I have had many days of 100% raw and it is beginning to break the back of the beast. Your addictions will just dry up and blow away like chaff as you begin eat the way God created us to eat! The addictions to coffee, meat, white wheat and sugar are very strong in most american’s lives. I never though that I could be free, so I just lived in dispare for many years. I thought that it would be a daily battle to live raw. However, I have found that if you can muster the strength for just 3 days you will not even desire your addictions any more. So go ahead and set yourself FREE!

germin 8 I don’t think I am the person that talked about the nut in the shell. Although I do remember reading it. Will do a search and see.

When you study the subject of disease and Jesus. You may be interested about the stripes on his body and how many base disease are in the world. Then connect this with, “By His stripes we are healed”

beany That is it! Isaiah 53:5. That puts it together for me. Thanks.

beany Oh yeah, it wasn’t you that mentioned the seed and the hull. It was pulse that posted. Pulse... (copy-paste), you mentioned:

However, I do believe that the fruit and herb is better for us, as the nut is not a whole food unless we consume it with the hull, and who would do that?

What do you mean by a nut is not a whole food without the hull? Why not? And, yes, why would you eat it like that. If I understand you correctly, why would peel fruit anyway… or pick it off a tree… or de-seed it. Maybe I missed your point… so, I’m asking for clarification. :o) Thanks

What does the Bible say about joining oneself with unbelievers? Also, we are in this world but not of this world. So we don’t ignore those around us, we are to love all, but we shouldn’t make them our best friends either. What friends did Paul have? All people have friends of like interests, so even tho some groups may eat raw and that is an interest of yours, how about your interest in Jesus? Do they walk the same path you do? Or do you walk the same path they do? As long as you are having questions about raw settings, I would say the Holy Spirit is telling you to back off. You do what God has led you to do, and only that.

If you are hitting raw pretty heavy you may be in detox. This is a time when people are most vulnerable to what others say and to enemy attacks. The Word says you have the mind of Christ. Not of doubt, fear and anxiety.

One other question. Who have you been listening to and who have you invited into your home? Words are very powerful and what you invited in may have stayed.

• Hi simplyorganic, I would just like to throw in a caution in to you. I would be careful about aligning yourself with the new age type belief people if you have not been a believer for a long time and also if you have not got very good grounding in the word of God. It can be a slow deception and a trap for your spirit and relationship with the Lord. I do fellowship in these arenas but I have been a Christian studying the Word for over 33 years and I still have to be on guard for my faith eroding away. I enjoy and love the people but my relationship with God is the most important thing for me. I would not go into a business relationship with them even at this point. Also do not be surprised if your knowledge and feelings about raw foods and responsibility for health is not received by your Christian friends. I personally have found just as much rejection in that social area as in others and it can get very mean because your guard may be down. Sorry to be blunt but I don’t want to see you hurt without some warning.

pulse I understand what you mean. I would think “fruit of a tree yielding seed” includes nuts (e.g. pecans). But the actual seed… well, I don’t know. Thinking generally, I would think that we are just to avoid plants that are unable to be reproduced… i.e. only eat real, natural, found-in-nature foods. Not hybrid type plants or monsanto grown plants that do not have good seed. Of course, that’s general… but, let us know what you find. I’m curious.

simplyorganic, I agree with beany & rosehebrew... they both have great advice.

A business partnership is like a marriage… for it to work (and especially for long-term), you must share the same vision and the same goals. (I’m not a business major… just my 2 cents.)

Exercise discernment.

You could offer raw food classes in your church. When a Christian friend borrows my raw book that is non-Christian, I like to mention to them that it’s not Christian, but has good information.

Satan just seems to take the truth and add in a little error to make it difficult to know the real truth.

For example, off topic here we were reading The Gospel in the Stars by Joseph A. Seiss, recommended by a Christian friend who works at NASA (where my husband worked) and gave a lecture on this at my church. The lecture was awesome so we got the book. The stories and meanings behind the constellations used in astrology have been corrupted & twisted. They have lost their original true meaning. Seiss’ book mentions how the constellations tell the story of the virgin Mary, Jesus, the crucifixion, the serpent, and other things in some order. It’s fascinating when you read the book and see how the heavens declare the glory of God and how the constellations are “signs of events which were coming on the earth”. For example, I learned that about the time Jesus died, the Southern Cross (which is a group of 4 bright stars that make up a cross) crossed from the northern hemisphere to the southern hemisphere and today it can only be seen in the southern hemisphere. From the book: “It was last seen in the horizon of Jerusalem about the time that Christ was crucified”. Isn’t that amazing! There’s more… but, not enough time…

• I really was just kind of blabbering on when I said that about it not being a whole food. However, I will tell you that I have been told that almond hull can be eaten, but is not very good. The almond is inside of a peach like fruit called a hull. The nut is not harvested until the fruit/hull becomes kind of shriveled and dry. Hulls are usually fed to cows, but people can eat it. I am curious as to how it tastes when it is fresh before the nut is considered ready to harvest. Gen. 1:29 seems to idicate that the fruit we are to eat has in it a tree bearing seed. To me this indicates that the fruit is what is to be our meat, or our sustanence. The ingestion of the tree bearing seed (which is what a nut is) looks to be considered more incidental. From just looking at it in that light it looks like maybe we eat nuts that are past thier prime. However, when the hull is “ripe” the nut would be more of the consistancy of a water chesnut I would think. I really do not know what hulls taste like. I do not even know if the hull of fruit of any other nut can be eaten. I am just kind of researching and learning and keeping my mind open to what the scriptures can teach us about diet. I hope I made some kind of sense with this and did not have to many mispellings! LOL!

Did any one see David Wolfe on www.ustream.tv I thought it rather interesting what he said about coffee.

Strange I have hulled a lot of nuts but I never tried to eat the hull. Maybe we weren’t meant to eat nuts, grains, seeds, and legume seeds. Course then we eat tomato seeds and other seeds we don’t remove. Hum. I think it could get rather mixed up.

• Hi ya’ll. Count me in as a redeemed child of God, saved by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It’s so encouraging to see so many Christians respond to this thread. I’ve felt more like a fish out of water being a christian in raw world with so much eastern mysticism associated with it, than I have in eating lots of raw in the christian world, but maybe that’s because I’m not 100% raw, so can blend in bringing raw stuff to potlucks, or ordering salads eating out. Anyway it’s great to read what each of you have written.

• I am soooo happy I found this forum. I just started this raw food journey about 2 weeks ago and I am also a Born Again Believer who loves Jesus. There is something that has really been bothering me. I have been feeling quite anxious lately and even losing sleep over it. I’m hoping someone can encourage me or even shed light on what I am feeling. I have been eating “healthy” for a few years now. I eat organic as much as the budget will allow and stay away from processed foods. I am so drawn to anything that has to do with “living green”, especially nutrition. I have read countless books on different diets. I have done detox diets, colon cleanses, etc. This is such a passion for me. BUT, nothing has captured my attention like this whole “raw food” thing. I went to a local raw food fest a couple of weeks ago. The food was absolutely amazing. The people were all so nice. It felt like such a “community”. Everybody had the same passion, which was to eat raw food. But, here is my problem. Even though I love being a part of this whole raw food “movement”, with it seems to come a lot of new agey beliefs. You know, where people worship the creation and not the Creator. Where they don’t even believe in Jesus or His work on the cross. I know a lot of these people also believe that their power comes from within ourselves and not from the Lord. At this raw food fest there was even a tarot card reader. I am wanting to join my local raw food meetup group, but I’m afraid of connecting myself with people that have these beliefs. I am really seeking the Lord on this, but I am feeling like I can’t hear from Him because I am feeling too anxious and fearful. I really believe that this is the way to eat. I feel great since implementing more raw foods into my diet. I have even thought about getting ladies involved in my church and talking to them about raw foods. I decided last week that I would have some friends over to show them a movie (Raw for 30 Days) and then make a couple of raw food dishes. Well, I got an email yesterday from a girl from the Raw Food Fest. She asked if I wanted to have a raw food chocolate party. This is what she does for a living. She teaches people about raw foods and then makes some awesome chocolate treats. The ingredients she uses she sells (www.noblelifeelements.com). I told her maybe we could just do my “party” together. She even has the video I wanted to show, so I wouldn’t have to fork out $30 for it. I really enjoyed talking to her and she seems really nice. But then she started talking about a product she uses called Gold Rush. It’s colloidal gold. I told her I have taken colloidal silver in the past. She said that colloidal silver is for the body. Colloidal gold is for the spirit. I thought, “Oh, here we go!” Now I don’t know if I should partner up with this lady.

I’m sorry for the long post. I am just so needing Godly input and encouragement. My heart longs to do the right thing and to be pleasing to the Lord. Thanks for listening!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Wow! I can’t believe I didn’t discover this thread earlier!

I’m a Christian in Kansas City Missouri and started raw this past may. I’m loving it and finding how amazingly it affects both my body and spirit. I’ve felt so much freer to focus on my walk since raw food.

Alright, now on the issue at hand. Simplyorganic, I think that unless you’re a firmly grounded Christian with alot of experience being involved in similar situations with unbelievers this may be a pretty bad idea. I have to say that I agree with rosehebrew. It’s great to have relationships with unbelievers and be involved in their lives but going into a business like this would be unwise. Since you’re disagreement in believe is directly related to the business.