Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• So true, troublesjustabubble:), It seems like non christians are much different than they used to be. They seem militant with thier agenda! I am not talking about just confrontational, but realy bent on tearing down religion and making christians feel like they are somehow to blame for most of the evil in our world! However, as long as you do not go into a partnership with the unbeliever a busness asociation with unbelievers is hardly avoidable in many situations! And this may be a great time to “Let your little light shine!” Not to be confrontational with them, but to let them see the love in your heart for others. It is interesting that the concoction in question is gold! In the old testament we see how that the peices used for worship in the tabernacle were gold or wood overlaid with gold! It is beautiful to think about how that when we recieve the spirit of God it is like a golden covering!

• I am a Christian too. It is so good to see others on this site! Raw can be for everybody. Have any of you heard of the Hallelujah Diet? It is mostly raw and based on Genesis 1:29 among other verses.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Hi redbird, Yes I am on H.A. a lot but they are 85% raw. and they do have their own health and recipe books. I seem to have to tippy toe around my answers as I am 100% raw. It is nice to be able to talk with Christians that do have health in mind. I suppose that is why I come here, too. Even tho it is at the moment hard to get onto. smile

germin8 I have heard that Marlyn Hickey put out a book about constellations and the Word, too. One day I would like to get one of them for my DH as he is an amature astronomer.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

beany Oooo, cool. I’ll have to check out Marilyn Hickey once we finish Joseph Seiss book. I’m sure it’s a similar story/interpretation. Joseph Seiss published his book in 1882/85 so it is not an easy read… (i.e. it’s a different kind of English).

• Mornin Beany, How long have you been 100% raw. My DH and I are trying this out. We are probably 96% raw right now. we have been on the Hallelujah Diet for 3 years. However, just in this past month I have become quite anemic. Very discouraging. Trying to up the greens and such. Any suggestions? Anyone? I did read someone suggesting a juice in the mornings of kale, celery, and cukes. I am trying it. First dose this morning. Not bad.

rosehebrew, I know what you mean. I thought our diet change would be much better recieved by family and friends than it was. We have been taught so many things that are just not true for so long, it’s hard for people to get past.

troublesjustabubble. Thought you may be a Christian your picture looks it.That is if that is you.hum?

For one year I was about 85% raw then the last 2_+ i have been 99%. I have shoyu, nutritional yeast and other things that are not really raw. Am backing off on Shoyu. Salt does just as well on most things, and I just bought a gal. of honey, to replace Agave.

redbird, are you sprouting legumes and eating sea veggies?

This is how I feel. When your body is telling you, you are lacking something, don’t get discouraged just find out what it needs. Take me, I need more protein and iodine than most. On the iodine subject. Even tho I eat sea veggies. and took kelp pills. I needed to take iodine pills which I get from H.A.. My breasts are not hurting any more.

• Hi guys and gals! Nice to meet here and celebrate our two favorite passions together!!! Christ and raw food!!

Hey Trouble! I KNEW it! What is it about that picture of you? It’s like Jesus is just shining through you! :D

simplyorganic~ I have had some of the same sort of twinges in my spirit about some of the comments made that seem a bit new-agey but, here is my thought. First, I totally agree with needing to really be firmly grounded in your faith so as not to be vulnerable. But, as long as you are in constant communication with Christ, He won’t let you stray.

Second, we are all here on this earth together for a reason. I’ve been a part of churches that are so afraid of, or intollerant of, other people – non-believers, that they completely alienated those others and kept themselves totally shut off and at arms length from anyone and everyone who was a little different.

I say, keep your faith, strengthen it daily, and use your discernment to guide you. But, don’t discount or discredit someone because they haven’t come to realize that those things they worship now were created by our Heavenly Father. Rather, appreciate their passion in worshipping what He created and have faith that they will eventually figure it out. I love my fellow raw-foodies in the faith that they are on the path to knowing Him, regardless of the way they phrase things now, for example, referring to “their spirit” vs the Holy Spirit within them or “putting thoughts out into the universe” vs praying. They will figure it out but, in the mean time, don’t deny yourself the benefit of their friendship just because they don’t use the same lingo. Use discernment but don’t turn it up so high that you can’t hear Jesus telling you also to love them.

Please feel free to share, even if you disagree. :D In Luv!

• By the way, Simplyorganic, if you want to purchase the products from Elements for Life, you can do so from my page if you prefer. :)

www.NobleLifeElements.com/elementary Many blessings to you! :)

Look what we ran into… a Christian Community in the middle of “nowhere”! I doubt they are raw; however, there are (and I quote from the website)... “no real oddballs but you’re welcome to be the first!”

Living Springs

It’s a little “weird”, but it’s curious.

If you go there and buy a place, tell them we sent you and we can get a free lot. hehe ;-)

In my time there was the word commune. Is the word community the same? Guess I am an odd ball.

Like the saying goes, “curiosity killed the cat.”

Best get busy with the rest of the posts before I am froze. Have a great slumber.

• Yes I do sprout legumes but still haven’t developed a taste for the sea veggies except in tiny amounts in things. You?

Slcogliano, you have some good thoughts there. We are ambassadors for Christ. How people see us will influence how they see Jesus.

I prefer sea veggies raw but I do eat both. I put Dulse flakes on many things and my dog and I share a Wakame stick often. I have set my mind that if it is healthy for me and not to gross to eat, I eat it. It may take awhile to like it. The exception is cilantro. ugh I understand cilantro is a love it or hate it herb. Thankfully, God made a lot of herbs.

Anyway I was just thinking sea veggies should have iron in it.

germin8….I haven’t seen Marlyn Hicky on T.V. since my DH hours changed. Do you know if she is still on?

• I am a very devout Christian. I am playing around with raw at the moment. Juices, browsing in the fridge, that sort of thing. no dehydrator yet, but my small table top oven has 40 deg. temperature. I believe God is guiding me and showing me the way to healing, but with not much money and only me who wants to go totally raw, it’s hard.

If God wants you in this then you are not alone. He will provide the money and a way for you to continue in this healthy lifestyle. There are many that have loved ones who do not go along with raw eating. Eating is a personal decision. Almost like being a Christian.

If I would have listened to God 35 years ago and did as he wanted me to do I would not have medical challenges as now. Instead I did as my DH wanted, but he doesn’t have deformed fingers. His shoulders are fine, and etc. I think the reason he is in such fine health at his age is that he didn’t disobey God. I did.

• Hi, simplyorganic…just wanted to say to look at James 1, the promise for wisdom from God that is there for the asking. Don’t jump into anything that makes you fearful and anxious, just pray for God to guide you and lead you and shepherd you in all your decisions. Blessings to you.

beany No, I do not know. I just did a google on Marilyn Hickey. I didn’t know she had a TV show… but, I don’t watch TV either.

Hmmm, commune… community… sounds the same. I am surprised they would try and help people get there if they couldn’t afford it. I think you have to fly in. And, they welcome people in. If you read the whole thing (page forward about 4 times), you’ll find they even welcome a fly-in medical facility. Neat.

pulse, I didn’t want to mention this on the wheat conversation. So if you are around. Remember what Jesus had for the new passover (communion).

Being in the health movement for 36 years, I have heard, eat this, don’t eat that. Buy this, dont buy that. In the end it has come down to just one thing, eat raw. Isn’t that amazing?

It doesn’t seem that all are created the same, when it comes to what we eat raw. For about 6 months I ate basically veggies and fruit with just a bit of nuts. I became very weak. I then added sprouted grains and seeds. My energy and strength has improved. Maybe it is my Irish, German, Viking blood in me. Or it could be that is just how God wants it.

• Thanks for that info. beany. However, I wonder if maybe the seeds were the reason for your improved health instead of the grains? Anyway, I do know what you mean about the different body types. As for what Jesus ate at the passover, that really does not have any bearing on what I would eat. Jesus came to seek and to save… to do away with the law. He was not interested in teaching people how to eat and just ate much like those around him. Fish, bread, ect.

Another thing that has come to my attention is that many people have digestions that are so messed up from SAD, or junk vegan, or even junk raw which includes chocolate and many non raw substances as well as grain, that it may take a long time to re-set thier body, and farm the proper intestinal flora. I think that fasting is the best way to reset the system,but it can also be done over several years with a gradual weaning away from foods that are not optimum. If a person’s system is used to being sustained on certain foods, it can cause a weakening in the body to cut the substance of current sustenance out cold turkey. Especially if the body is thrown off balance. This is why even the best of foods can be rejected by the body if a person is not in perfect health. The first time I juiced veggies I did not like the taste, but felt I could get used to it, however, as soon as it hit my stomach I vomited. My body just could not deal with the concentration of good food and I had to learn to go slow. I am still not off of grain, and I have learned that I am addicted, seriously. I also had to add it again, but I am hoping to be off of it soon. I just think that wheat grass is a juice that can also cause the same type of addiction to take root. I hope you do not think I am crazy for all of this. I am learning a lot right now, and some things really seem to make a lot of sense to me,but eating grass does not.

H.A. believes the same concerning what Jesus ate. Since the Bible is not point blank on the subject, it would be basically what we “think.” I really haven’t thought much on it, but we do have communion with grains.

I was told I had allergies to wheat and of the wheat family. I was able to eat Kamut and Teff. I feel that it is because they were not hybridized or stored for a length of time in silo’s. So this is the grains I have gone back to. I wouldn’t touch the wheat we have now with a 10’ pole. I have read in several books that wheat addiction is from the fungus that is on the grain from long silo storage. It also takes 700 degree temps to kill many kinds of fungus.

To get back on a Christian thought. I some times wounder what grains looked like during Josephs time in Egypt.

God does lead us in may different ways, but we usually all end up in the same place. So probably down the line we wont be eating grains. ...????

• Glad to see so many Christians eating raw out there! I believe that we are just in training for the ‘dinner’ in heaven it will be all raw…no death in Heaven! We started out on a 21 day Daniel Fast and we felt so great that we continued on and we believe God opened the door for us to be raw. It’s been wonderful. We are not 100%. We found what works for us which is about 80-90% depending on the day. When we ‘fast’ with our church it is easier for us to go on that water fast or juice or even just 100%. My husband has lost over 60 lbs in only 4 months and looks great. I too lost weight…but along with it most of my hair! So…I am trying to figure that one out. We feel better and the food is so much better in the raw! Good to go back to the Garden!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I don’t do well without grain (sprouted – wheat, especially) for long periods of time (i.e. more than a year or so). I have read that possibly a big part of the reason so many people don’t tolerate grain well is the way it is harvested now versus many years ago. It used to be cut & tied in bundles & left to stand in the field for several days before it was threshed, during which time the grain would start to germinate (activating the enzymes). The author I read (sorry, don’t remember name) said that sprouting wheat & other grains gives us what we miss in the way our grain is harvested now (immediately threshed with no germination).

rawkinrawmama – hair falling out? Yikes! That’s often due to high levels of stress (which could come from a fast or extreme diet change, not just emotional stressors) causing the body to use up B vitamins quickly & become depleted. B5 deficiency is specifically related to hair falling out. When it first happened to me, I ate a huge steak (beef is a rich source of B5) to stop my hair from falling out – I would recommend a good B supplement over that, though, which is what I do now. ;) Of course, there may be 100 other reasons this happened to you…other nutrient deficiencies, etc. – welcome to the forum!

• Welcome, rawkinrawmama! beany- do you think that maybe the allergy problems are mostly just from the fungus? Yes, I do think that in the journey for health we sometimes have to include some things that are not optimal so that we will not upset the apple cart too bad, so to speak! Our body can stress worse when we are not moderate and gradual enough with the changes. I have seen a lot of posts about hair loss. Maybe it is due to the sudden change and that is why it eventually levels out and a very healthy head of hair is regrown with out any more problems. Most people have very acid systems and whey they “go raw” the system can become very alkaline in a short period of time and this must cause the stresses you talk about, angie. Ok, so angie, how do you eat your germinated/sprouted grains?

• Hello Beany! Hi everyone!

Hi the jewel in God’s eye, Glad to see you back. How is your raw walk?

Concerning wheat. You know, I think when man messes up, there is more than one problem. Silos, Threshing, fungus (has to cause problems) and what else? I say, God show me the way, and He comes through. Like threshing. That is very interesting.

• beany says-You know, I think when man messes up, there is more than one problem

I say-Yep! You can say that again! I am so glad that God is merciful and mindful of us! I’d be in a heap of trouble if he were not!

• Tell me about digestive problems eating junk food.

I have just come back from visiting four groups of our family. A round trip from Norfolk, in east anglia, down to Southampton, the next day up to Chepstow in Wales and then across country back home. Over 600 miles, all in two days ! ! !??? (other commitments on Monday, so no time to stay longer). They were kind and loving but provided all the foods they thought were vegetarian. Because they worked and cooked with love for us, I ate it, but I had constipation and then a lot of acid. Then, because I didn’t want to be caught short on the long journey, I forced the stools out, got haemaroids and acid round there and it bled. So frightening. I assume it was all the sitting down caused pressure on them. Anyway, because they did all the junk type cooked food with love, I had to eat it. But I feel sure that if I didn’t, then perhaps Jesus wouldn’t have approved of me for going against their love.

• bluebells- sorry to hear about your misery! I think that God would rather that you live in health! Maybe next time thank them and run to the grocery store for raw produce. Then make some yummy salads and share in a way to match the way they were willing to provide for what they thought were your needs. Maybe you will influence some one positively so that they can be healthier also. God is a God of freedom,truth and love.

• Yes, next time, I will bring my salads and make a raw lemon pie. It tastes so good they won’t realise it’s not cooked.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

It’s been to long since I’ve been on this thread! Beany and slcogliano-I’m so flattered that you thought I was a Christian from my picture! That’s uplifting. haha. Yes that is me and my husband.

on with the wheat-I generally avoid it since it seemed to be something that messed with my digestive system but since I’ve been raw and sprouting wheat it hasn’t given me any trouble(crossing my fingers). I’ve got a batch of sprouted grain “bread” dehydrating right now!. ha

• Hey everybody! Michael here. It’s so good to see so many people committed to spiritual AND physical health! isn’t it easier to have both when you have one, eh? People at my church can be so resistent to knowing that ALL of us can become whole and healed.

Many blessings to everybody here! :-)