Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

tjab – I thought the same thing from your pic :)

Mike4973 & bluebells – Hi :)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha now I’m beginning to think I just look goodie goodie!

Mike, I have been recently talking to the people at my church and they are mostly receptive and very interested. It has become my most effective outreach and I feel so blessed to be able to let God work through me in this way.

tjab – nope, just sparkling & happy. :)

aww, thanks angie:)

• People at my church just think that I am cracked (really though I am just juiced) HA HA. I don’t even try to talk to people about things they cannot accept and that is OK. I feel that if my family cannot even accept it very few other people are going to anyway. I feel I am on the right track because of the way we were formed to flourish in the Garden but I do not know anyone that agrees with me. I believe that there had to be what I call a “second creation” after the fall and this is evident to me by how some animals were made into carnivores and everything was made to be sustainable and survive even with the curse of death. Studying nature just gives me a more awesome reverence for God. Our teeth, unlike the carnivores did not change so I think that our diet should mimic chimpanzees. They only eat a small amount of insects, certain times of the year and do fine if they don’t. If things get too harsh they will, on occasion eat small animals but this is a response to lack in the environment. Our DNA is over 97% equal to chimps and though I don’t believe I evolved from one I do take that fact into consideration. Being that I have a farmers market to go to and a wonderful local supermarket that carries good organics I do not have to resort to such behavior as killing small animals (at least they eat them raw). These kinds of things going around in my head are just too much for all the people I know to even venture thinking about so I am basically alone on this ride. Oh well, praise God for leading me to the way of health.

I’m sad for you rosehebrew! What part of the country do you live in? Is the culture very set in its ways? I’m in the mid-mid-west(missouri) and I feel that at a large number of people are at least extremely interested in raw living and many have decided to make the commitment. It must be very hard doing this on your own. I’ll be praying for you!

rosehebrew – I agree! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

I’m grateful to be in an area where there are quite a few people interested in raw – there are enough of us that the health food stores stock lots of raw products & order in new things when we request them. :)

• I live in far northern central California. It is pretty isolated, a small town up in the foothills by Chico. The health food co-op in Chico does stock a few raw items and there is a fantastic raw restaurant in Chico, also where I live one of the grocery stores carry a good selection of organic produce so I am blessed in those ways. I was mainly referring to my Christian friends. They not only will they not even talk to me about it they are down right hostile. For some reason they are convinced that after the fall of man anything goes and is Ok (whatever tastes good and is cheap). It really weirds me out because can’t they see that even with prayer people around them are dropping like flies? Sometimes I feel like I don’t even live in the same Universe as they do but I still love them a lot. Just one lady in my church that is over 70 sort of gets it because her mother was into natural hygiene so she at least gets the concept on a shallow level. Don’t get me wrong though, I am not out to change them but it would just be nice to have some like-minded friends to share this particular journey with.

• rosehebrew-Thank you for sharing your journey with US, here at gone raw! :) I feel much the same way that you do. People go up to be prayed for, and we see some miriacles, but when God does not heal then people just accept it. It is good for our faith to go through things and get stronger, but some of those people could make some small changes and be better off than they are now! But yea, they want to just think “anything goes” and if every one is doing it, then why should they change!

tjb:)- thanks for sharing your beautiful picture with us. When I get to be 1/16 the beauty you are I MAY post my pic! So far I have a TON of weight to loose, and am only 25 lbs. in.

• In the midst of battling a severe case candida for the past couple of years or more, I found raw foodism which, in conjunction with coconut oil, has helped to alleviate my symptoms somewhat. I am far from 100% raw because I am still addicted to some cooked food (including McDonalds! blech! what’s wrong with me?!). I asked God to help in Yah’Shuah’s name and since then was led to much research starting with watching episodes of “You Are What yOU Eat” on the BBCA and then going on to reading various Candida-oriented books and books written by Kevin Trudeau and even joining the “natural cures” website for a time in my quest to overcome Candida. I have found the Candida-control diets to be far too limiting because I am a sweets-o-holic. I figured that not eating fruit seems retarded and then I found out about raw foodists and their practices. At the very least, I have learned to include far more fruits and vegetables (duh!) in my diet (usually raw) over time and that has helped me to feel better but I still have a long way to go and I can’t afford to get a vita-mix, excalibur or nut milk bags and such plus the raw diet itself is pricey on the foods so this is difficult for me. Organic is preferred but just so dang expensive. Pray for me that I can get what I need! I am a homemaker (I hate to even say it)with two beautiful children (they really are!) at ages of 5 years old (girl) and 10 months old (boy). I need all of the prayer and strength I get from fellow followers of Christ to both overcome illness and financial distresses, hopefully growing more and more not only in health but also spiritually in the process. God bless! :-)

Lycela! I’m praying for you right now. I understand financial stress and praise the Lord I’m doing well now(still can’t afford a dehydrator and all that jazz but I make due with what I have)but I know that God always takes care of His children and He’s watching over you. I have faith in that. I also can relate with health issues. I’ve had my share and I know they’re stressful. I’m so glad I get the opportunity to pray for you. Don’t lose hope!

• Lyceia, I in no way can judge your situation but when I first went raw it was very hard as I had many people scorn me and did not want to even get my food. I knew in my heart that the Lord had led me in that direction so I pressed foreward and He helped me on the path. It was not always to perfect. At first I did a little cooked beans everyday until I learned I did not need it then I ate some cooked rice once a week and now I do not do that. All that did not come overnight, I learned a lot along the way and as I did I incorporated more organics into my diet to now it is almost 100 percent organic, but there had to be a reason. I had to learn why it was so important and it was not just because of the pesticides. After 5 months I finally got a good dehydrator and last week I ordered a discounted blend-teck. Nobody would think twice about making sure someone had a stove to cook on but some thought that I was just being extravagant. All these things were hard issues but I grew in them and that is OK. I too have been a homemaker and have raised 3 children and I will never regret my decision to stay home and take care of my children so, hold your head up high. I had some major health issues that are now healed (of course they were “incurable”) and I also had candida but not now and I do eat fruit. I don’t even think that it is that we “have” anything in that way it is just a result of a body not in the right ph balance because of cooked foods and not enough quality raw nutrients to make healthy cells. Yeasts and bacteria feed off of dead and dying tissue in an acid environment. Once I got a true understanding of what a right diet was and how it could and would make me well, McDonalds has no power over me. I don’t even look at anything there or even most things in the grocery store as food for humans or any other living thing. I think the best book you could get for some real understanding and motivation is Green for Life and 12 Steps to Raw Food by Victoria Boutenko. They are not very expensive, maybe just one family meal at McDonalds. Also I would like to add to pay for my veggie habit I have cut a lot of less important things from my life and that has been a very positive thing. I pray that you will continue down the right path.

• Hello everyone. Greetings and blessings to you all.

I am new to the goneraw family and looking to connect with other christians who support caring for the temple.

Regarding others’ attitudes, I had a conversation with someone once who told me I just don’t have enough faith when I pray over my food, or I would be able to eat what everyone else eats and be fine. I told him that faith involves asking God for help and following directions.

Lycela – I had to eat as much raw food as I could afford, and I am eating more of it now, but it has been three years and I still don’t buy all organic – hardly any, actually. I use a lot of cheap grains & I buy things in bulk now to save money – that’s the only reason I can afford to eat the way I do. I also have a garden, which makes a big difference. I used to end up making some really weird foods because I would find myself with three ingredients and five days left before I would have money to go shopping again. I get good deals on a lot of stuff now buying in bulk from Azure Standard – www.azurestandard.com – but even before I found them, I started by just sucking it up and buying the biggest size of one item that I used regularly. That saved me $18 over buying the equivalent amount in smaller containers. Then, a month or two later, I bought a big size of something else. It was really hard to spend that much at a time, at first, but God really helped me, and now I have lots of spices, & seeds for sprouting, and a garden, and money to buy fresh produce today. Things will get better. :)

I don’t have any tools and eat completely basic foods like whole fruits, and leafy, green salads. I’m perfectly content with that and the occasional sprouted grain. It is cheaper for me now that I switched because I’m not buying meat and dairy(which can get pricey). I’d take that route if I need to conserve money. So that’s an idea.

Hey, change of subject I know but I’m considering a water fast for spiritual renewal and reconnection. I’ve known for a while that I need to do it but just haven’t committed to it. I’m inspired by this thread and have decided to do it for real. I’m scared though! I’m going to start on Monday. Six days is my goal. I have never done a water fast before and I’m not sure how to go about it. Any tips?

• tjb:)-Watch out for the mind games on days 2-4. You have to realize that a fast is going to be good for you, but everyone including yourself will have a reason for breaking it. The hunger is not the worse, it is the inner whine! I have found that just a bit of lemon in my water a couple of time per day can help me dispell my inner whine.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Since it is for spiritual reasons stay as much in prayer and in the Word as much as possible. I get a pile of Christian magazines that I didn’t have time to read.

You may also throw yourself into high detox. Which may be fun. If I see or feel that happening, I take a natural pill to get rid of the toxins in a hurry. Just my thought on that.

• Hey everybody! I just wanted to chime in and say hi to everyone! Great discussion going on. Have the best day ever! :-)

Love—-Michael

• If any of you have a moment, I am deciding that I want to compile some of the best resources ever for raw christians or people who really want to find healing in their bodies AND their souls, so that by “feeling good” they can also “feel God”, if you know what I mean! :-) If you have a sec, check out my short research site http://www.RawChristianTips.com where I’m asking people on this path to share with me any questions or challenges they have, so I can get some of the great Raw Christian experts in the world to find answers for all of us!

Best day ever to all of you!

Love—-Michael

Thanks everyone for the tips. I’ve been convicted for several months to fast and it has been affecting my walk with God alot lately. When I pray now it’s like the elephant in the room. The more I think about it the more excited I am to be in His will. I know I’m obeying now and I’m feeling peace already.

• mike4973-Good luck on that book! Tjb:)-I am going to be praying for you!

I will be going on a liquid fast Sept. 1 for 7 days. I need a kick in the rear to get me going on a 1 year get rid of fat diet. Think this should do it. I keep asking God to help and I turn around and eat the fattening raw foods. Like, I am to much of a yo-yo dieter, to not know what makes me fat.

By the way, in case any one is upset by the radiation on the food, remember. God orders our steps. He feeds and cloths the birds, how much more for us.

Have a nice week-end.

Good luck beany, I’m on my first day of water fast. Mistake-stayed up waaaay to late last night and I’m ridiculously tired. ha.

I’m hoping I’ll be able to get through the work day alright:)

tjab – I wish you the best!

Mike – Great idea :) I DO know what you mean about feeling good=feeling God ;)

beany – Thanks for the reminder! I really keep going back to that – God knows what I need, and He will continue to provide it as He always has, especially since He knows I want to be healthy so I can serve Him.

Troublejustabubble,,, Will keep you in prayer. You should be tired after not much sleep last night.May be a good thing.

I managed to grab a cat nap(maybe fifteen minutes) and am feeling much better. I have mild headache but otherwise I feel good so far.

Thanks beany, I’ll need all the prayer I can get!

I had a bit of a revelation today about eating and food. Because I’m fasting right now in every moment of weakness I naturally turn to God and pray for strength. Now I”m thinking shouldn’t we do that with any eating habit? I never thought about this before but as a rawbie I must say that sometimes when I crave something cooked or processed I just slip up and hope I don’t feel to bad the next day. From now on instead of giving in to my craving I”m going to pray and ask for strength from my Savior. It makes sense that giving in to craving is like giving in to any other desire of our flesh. It should be combated by the same means we combat our fleshly urges.

• Hello everyone! I started my raw food adventure about a month ago. A little over a year ago my health really started to decline. Lack of energy, insomnia, getting sick frequently, blood sugar issues, my back went out(herniated disk and two disk bulges), GERD, etc. After about $1500 in medical bills, and thinking, boy, I’m way to young for this(I’m 30), I decided to get on the raw food diet. I love it and don’t think I will go back. My back pain has ceased(I was away for two months and my chiropractor could not believe how well my back held up), the GERD went away after two weeks(except for the one meal I had that was not raw!), I haven’t noticed any blood sugar flucuations. The only thing that I’m still working on is getting enough sleep. I have always believed in taking care of our bodies because I believe that God wants us to and I am so glad that he has led me to this type of healing. It has been an emotional year but God has blessed me with an wonderful church family. Unfortunatly I don’t think they will be as supportive about the new diet I have. Not that they won’t still love me and support me. I just don’t think I’ll be able to talk to any of them about it because there isn’t anyone else who is raw. So…. I’m extremely happy to find other raw christians out there!!! By the way is there anyone else who is from the Toledo area?

• Hey troublesjust! :-)

Have you checked out www.juicefeasting.com ? You might find a TON of great info at that site—not about water fasting, but about cleansing and getting lighter through “juice feasting.” I’ve starting incorporating principles of that program into my life, even though I’m not doing it in total.

Hi gomindy21 Sleep can be a time habit. Also, exercise before going to sleep can be a problem for some women. Exercise early and read the Bible before going to sleep and see if that helps.

mike4973 Thanks for the information on “juice feasting.” The information they gave will help for my weight challenge.