Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Quiche recipe?

Does anyone have a good spinach (no mushrooms please) quiche recipe, hopefully not made out of nuts? I’m planning a big dinner for my family (haven’t seen them in a long time, want to show them what I’ve been up to) and I can’t seem to find a spinach quiche recipe that isn’t made out of nuts and mushrooms. I don’t want the meal to be too nutty, I have enough already, and despite me not eating mushrooms typically I also have a mushroom dish in mind. Any thoughts?

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hello, check out my ‘cheesy pie’ recipe. It reminded me alot of quiche, just add spinanch and your favourite veggies.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

You could try getting a couple of those recipes with mushrooms and omitting them, I have done that before with my spinach and mushroom quiche recipe and it turns out great. I used to make one from Renee Underkofler’s book Living Cuisine which had a buckwheat crust that you have to dehydrate. I think it was buckwheat, parsely, onion, carrott and celery, if that sounds nice to you just let me know and I’ll post the recipe.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

JoyceH I don’t have that book no… That does sound really good though.
    Zoe, That recipe sounds like it might work! Would be awesome of you to post it, if you don’t mind.

Sweetpea your cheesy pie looked incredible, I think I didn’t want to use it because it seemed like it might be complicated (a lot of grains) but the filling sounds so good, I might make a strange hybrid.

• This one is supposed to be delicious…

http://gliving.tv/greenchefs/recipes/spinach-an…

• http://rawgoddessheathy.blogspot.com/

Heathy just published a great recipe on her site…it looks divine.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

ok i’ll post it later on.

• I am going to try an apple and leek quiche. I’m not sure about using avocado as the base, but it’s worth a shot.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Oooh, lionmouse, apple and leek sounds fabulous. Please post your results!