Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

castor oil cleanse

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

A few years ago on the advice of my chiropractor, i did a clean out this way. It is a cup of orange juice mixed with a 1/4 cup of castor oil and a tespoon of baking soda to get it all to go fizzy. Needless to say it tasted awful, But it worked.

I am wondering if this is actually not a good method for cleaning you out. If there is nothing wrong with it, I will try it again.

Someone please let me know what you think.

Comments

• hi..this is a folk remedy in India, people have been using it for ages..But i think it shouldn’t be used very often, as with any other cleanse. sometimes the rate at which some people are trying MC etc etc.., it scares me. Sorry, i didn’t want to sound complaining or anything like that…just my concern and i may be wrong.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I don’t think anything should be done very often. I was just concerned about it being nutrient depleting somehow!

Plus, it’s so gross tasting, I wouldn’t dare do it often!
    Thanks for your input! :)

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

You could do a simple 6oz water + 1 Tablespoon of epson salt.
    Do it twice a day.It is very efficient.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

I didnt knoe you can ingest epson salt. I heard somewhere that you are not supposed to. Maybe that was something else. Oh well.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

I even wash my hair with epson salt.It is magnesium and it is good for you,and also calms you down.

Thats interesting. So now I can see that it can be used for a bath, salt water cleanse, hair wash, foot soak… anything else? lol. Sorry for being off topic about castile soap!

By the way, what is castile soap and where does it come from? I’ve seen it in health food stores and I’ve been tempted to buy it but don’t know what it is!

Speaking of the efficiency of this or that, The first time I did a castor oil cleanse, i lost 7 pounds of ‘toxic waste’! Pretty much with in a few hours. (leading to the comment from my saucy mom: ‘I always new you were full of s#@*!’ Ha ha ha :) If you try the castor oil remedy, DO NOT leave your home!

How long do you do this cleanse for? And how many times a day?

You drink down the concoction in the morning on an empty stomach and then, depending on your body, watch out! It works really fast. You only do it once! Don’t do it more than that!!!!!

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

It seems like another version of a gallbladder cleanse. Do you know the purpose of the baking soda?

It makes the whole concoction effervess. (did I spell that rightz?) Fizzy! That just gets it working quicker I guess!

• That cleanse sounds interesting. I want to try it. Do you have to use castor oil or would other oils work? Thanks!

• It has to be Castor Oil.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Did drinking the oil make you feel sick or nauseous? I want to try this but I also want to know what to expect.

• I’ve done both the salt water cleanse and the castor oil cleanse… I prefer the salt water. It tastes better and is gentler. If you’re going to do a castor oil cleanse I would recommend blending it with a frozen banana and oj, it goes down easier as a smoothie than with just plain juice and the effect is the same. the oil made me nauseous for several hours afterwards, not pleasant.

It was icky going down, but as I have a strong gut, I was not icky feeling after.

I don’t have a juicer so can I just make the orange juice required for this cleanse by blending oranges in the blender or do I need to strain the juice?? Does it really matter?

• Hi every one, I was reading everybody input about the cleanse and I was a little big concern about because I just finish reading The Juice Fasting Bible book by Sandra Cabot, MD; and by the way I realy enjoy. She highly recomend a colon clease on the second day of any fast, because “any fast longer than a day or 2 days failing to do so probably won’t cause any immediate harm, but in the long run will increase proportionately to the lenght of your fast and the quantity of toxins that remain in your body—toxins that a good colon cleansing would expel.” But she also has a word of warning and said ” It’s a bad idea to fall into the habit of taking an enema more that is absolutely necessary—whether for reasons of health, such as to alleviate acute constipation, or to clean your colon during a fast. To do so puts you at risk of weakening the natural defecation process and potentially creating a serious long-term problem. But for purposes of fasting only, enemas are perfectly safe.”

So, just be carefull and don’t overdue cleasing.

I totally agree. I do this maybe once a year, if that.

Me too! OK I really want to do this for that fact that it is strong enough to do it only ONCE. Does anyone know a website with good instructions about it? By the way, my nutritional consultant told me of its effectiveness but I’ve been warned about the taste!

• I’m starting a juice fast next week, this drink sounds like something that will truly benefit me. I’m going to take the advice of Majomi and do this on the second day of the fast. I’m not looking forward to the taste, but I can’t wait for the results!

Wait..I’m not doing any fasts or special cleanses (yet), so is it not safe for me try this cleanse? The main reason why I like it is because it is something that you get to do once or so often rather than regularly like the salt flush cleanse. Am I misunderstanding anything?

i only do it once in a while becasue with my body it works really well. I am not sure if it works like this for everyone. I am supposing it will work the same for everyone.

You don’t really need any more instruction. Just get up early, drink down the concoction that I had mentioned in my first post, and don’t leave the house! You will need to be near a bathroom! Simple! :)

I use it when I fast, becuase if you don’t eat anything you won’t have a bowel movement. I think it’s called the gastro-intestinal reflex, that is triggered when you eat something. New food goes into the stomach, then the previously eaten meal goes into the small intestine, the stuff in the small intestine goes to the large intestine and so on untill you have a bowel movement. This doesn’t happen if you are not eating, so you need to empty out you lower intestines to aid in detox. So you do this cleanse!

I hope this helps! :)

• So I just made this concoction and I feel horrible. I keep burping as if I drank something carbonated and the taste is unbelivedably awful. It’s been about fifteen minutes and I still haven’t “gone” yet. Oh, man Seriously I was feeling wonderful all day, now I feel sick…I hope this passes!! I can’t believe how bad that was!

Yup, it’s bad. It does take longer than 15 minutes. It sounds as though you did it later in the day. It should be done first thing in the morning! I see that you posted your comments an hour ago, so I imagine you are probalby indisposed right now and will not be posting anything unless your computor is in the bathroom with you.

I told you it tated bad! It does end up repeating on you because of the baking sodas fizziness!

You poor thing.

I found that near the end of my eliminating, the ‘stuff’ in the toilet had droplets of oil in it. Don’t worry about it, it’s just the castor oil.

• It has put me out all day, I tried going to the gym just for the steam room to see if it would help and it didn’t. I think it has made me constipated. I sure am bloated. I should feel better tomorrow, right? I hoping I will see good results by then. Did you ever feel horrible from this? Should I drink a green smoothie, would that help?

• My experience with castor oil was not for cleansing, but to kick start contractions when I had my son – he was a large baby, and I was a week overdue with him. On the advice of my midwife, I drank half a bottle of castor oil in one sitting (plugged my nose and GULP). The theory was that the contractions of my body flushing itself out would stimulate the uterus.

Fast forward about 3 hours, and I’m in labor – but I haven’t been able to go to the bathroom AT ALL. I was terrified that I might have to just as my son was crowning. In fact, it was hours after he was born – I spent a good part of the night in the bathroom.

The point, it is VERY effective. The mixing of it in a smoothie sounds like a good way to take it, or you can employ my method. Stay close to a bathroom, I think it’s different for everyone as to WHEN it’ll do it’s thing!

I still have that other half of the bottle, almost 5 years later. Don’t know that I would do that again personally.

Hope that helps, and hope you’re feeling better chakra essence!

• Chakra- When I did this cleanse a couple of months ago, it took hours before it kicked in. My stomached rumbled and grumbled all day. What helped me, even though I didn’t feel like it was eating something. That seemed to activate the oil or something. I then went the rest of the night.

• dawnravendawnraven Raw Newbie
    Luna blu said:

A few years ago on the advice of my chiropractor, i did a clean out this way. It is a cup of orange juice mixed with a 1/4 cup of castor oil and a tespoon of baking soda to get it all to go fizzy. Needless to say it tasted awful, But it worked.

I am wondering if this is actually not a good method for cleaning you out. If there is nothing wrong with it, I will try it again.

Someone please let me know what you think.