'High' raw

Not trying to be a negative bugger here, but when people call themselves ‘high’ raw, it makes me feel lkie I am below them cos’ I am only about 85 to 90 or so% raw.

I must say, I really don’t like the term. I think it would be nicer to simply say 100% raw.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just too sesitive?

Please don’t think I am a trouble maker! :)

Comments

• Nah I don’t let that stuff bother me.

• I thought 60-95 was high raw. It means not 100%, but a high percentage of the diet is raw—at least to me.

• Gasp! cool, I am not scum then! ;)

• Try not to get too caught up in the percentages, any increase in raw is already excellent!

• i thought “high raw” was anything below 100%. but i never liked that term because “raw” doesn’t necessarily imply 100% the way “vegetarian” or “vegan” does.

i say don’t worry about it. 85% is an amazing percentage, and you should call yourself “raw” if you want to without any reservations.

• Ahh I’m so glad to hear these responses. I am always teetering between 40 to 60 percent raw. I try not to let myself feel like a failure because of such a low percentage. I tell myself- always STRIVING- that makes you a hundred percent raw.

• Luna blu, you’re giving me the giggles!!!:-D

• Thanks! :) Laughter is the best medicine!

We are all doing better than most people, even with 40 to 60%!!!

• i have absolutely no intention of being 100% raw. 90% is my goal.

i usually just tell people that i’m trying to eat my food as whole as possible. that seems to makes more sense to them than the word “raw.”

• I don’t think I could ever be 100% raw, but feel that any attempt to be healthier should be recognised and celebrated!