Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% raw challenge!

124»

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

What are we now—day 12 or so for meless the vegan cookie incident of early this week, which shall never be mentioned again. I have NO appetite. I still have my 1/4 cup of coffee in the am (down form 1/2) and of course my morning vodka (kidding!!!!!). I have a small low GI fruit(usually a pear) before the workout everyday, followed by large green papaya smoothie around 11, hungry at 3:00-green salad w/ dulse and dressing. That’s it and I haven’t lost a pound. I feel great. That’s why I keep going, but this is not alot of food for a very busy person! really, just a little 4-5 lb. loss would be appreciated for my efforts. I’m here for the long haul even if my butt gets big! I’ll have to change my name to lzhbigbuttpt, though.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Thanks angie – the hydration and fruit are good ideas for the afternoon lull. Can’t wait for green smoothies/juices- I think that will be a perfect addition to my diet. I purchased some Larabars, dates, and unshelled nuts – this helps when I get snacky. Vegval – Ouch, tortillas. I know what you mean. I’m visiting folks who cracked into a huge bag of tortillas last night, and these chips were taunting me. But i heard whispers of indigestion and oil, so I quietly crept away. Perhaps keeping around some raw snacks would help – so you can tear into those when the urge hits. Stay with us, you can do this!! Izhpt – I hope you never get the new name. It’s funny, though! Good for you, eating dulse with your salad. I heard sea veggies are great, but I can’t yet convince myself to down some. I’ve had arame – perhaps drowned in sauce I could do it again. You’re right, it’s not too much food, perhaps more salads/raw veggies would add few calories but fill you up a bit. It’s good that you’re including exercise.

• Luna blu, thank you for this challenge! I wrapped up my 100% on Friday, and it was a great week for me. I may do it again next week, Monday thru Friday. I think having my green superfood with MSM each day really helped (though I don’t usually do superfoods, I might just get used to them). This week, I’ll have to figure out how to do 100% without all the treats though. It gets expensive.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Winona – I’m glad it is helping! You can get kelp in capsules, or use kelp noodles, which don’t have the sea vegetable flavor :)

vegval – Winona has a good idea about the snacks – they helped me through Christmas at my brother’s house with everyone eating junk that somehow sounded good once in a while!

rediscoverrawfood – what about making a big dessert that will keep for several days? I have done that a lot – make a couple of batches of treats on the weekend so I have something handy without spending my whole budget on treats!:) Of course, if you have a bigger budget, it is sometimes worth it just to have good stuff around, especially if you’re new to all the preparation.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well, we have all done really well I think. Thanks for caring about me in my funk. I felt a whole lot better within a day anyway. just got so used to feeling euphoric, one bad day really threw me!!

I think i will let life return to normal ( 85% +,) and then I will challenge myself to another green smoothies fast/feast. You are all welcome to join me on that one as well!!!

• Angie – That’s a great idea. I don’t know why it hasn’t occurred to me,other than the fact that most of these dessert include nuts, which I don’t bring into the house that often (the youngest has allergies). I’m going to act on this and make a big dessert this week. It’s not always the best at food combining, but it’s better than what I’d get at the corner coffee shop. Besides, my gut can still take some rough combinations. Raw has so many more options than most people think!

Angie – I’ll definately try kelp noodles, once I figure out where to purchase them. Excellent suggestion. Luna blu- definately post the 100% challenge again! Perhaps more folks will join us the next time around. This forum has been the top thing keeping me on track. I’m planning to stay 99% raw indefinately … the more support the better.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Winona, I love the dulse flakes, if you can find them. It’s the only seaweed i really like. Once i purchased dulse whole and dried and then attempted to rehydrate it for my salad—slimy stuff grew to ENORMOUS proportions, creeping out of the bowl I was soaking it in and all over my counter—just the tiny little dried flakes for me now.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I will post the 100% again, This time I won’t do it over a specail holiday!

Hopefully more of us will do it next time!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

lzhpt – Funny! :D I like the dulse flakes, too, and now I know why not to buy it the other way :)

Lina blu – yeah, I think the challenge kept people more aware and the support of doing it together really seemed to help. Thanks!

Dulse flakes sound like they’re right up my alley. I won’t rehydrate them – I hate slimy! Good tip.