Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Skin Care Products

I am looking to take my ‘natural’ approach a bit further into what i use on my skin but really don’t know where to start. What skin care products do you guys love? I read that some celebs like Jurlique, but I want to get real opinions from real people! Right now I am afraid that I use a skin care regime that is chocked full of bad stuff (parabens, etc.)—it’s okay, but I’m thinking that if eating raw is improving my body and mind so much then switching to an all-natural skin care line will also give me fantastic results.

So then, do you love a particular brand? Please…tell me everything!!!

beautyskincare

Comments

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

I use and love a brand called Suki. It really works well for me. Free of synthetics, gmo ingredients. I believe all their ingredients are food grade.

From their website: suki is a complete line of 100% natural skin care products that integrates the best of science with traditional knowledge in uniquely effective therapeutic treatments.

all of our products are made with the highest quality clean ingredients, harvested and processed to sustain their dynamic, living elements, ensuring the highest potency and optimum results.

www.sukipure.com

I get their products (which include skin care and makeup) from Whole Foods but you could order online.

I have been using Suki skincare for well over a year now.

beautyskincare
  • amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I’m a huge fan of extra virgin coconut oil, as are many on this site, as it’s so safe you can eat it. You can use it to remove eye makeup, cleanse your face by tissuing off or removing with a damp wash cloth, shaving, moisturizing. I use it every day, but right now I’m also using raw apple cider vinegar on my face with a cotton ball first to exfoliate (dilute if you’re sensitive).

beautyskincare
  • heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i second the coconut oil. i use it to take off makeup, moisturize face and body, eat, and all!

beautyskincare
  • NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

I love to use Sugarelle body scrubs. They really leave my skin feeling smooth and the best part is that they don’t leave a mess on my bathtub floor. Ugh.. I just hate body scrubs that have coffee grinds and such. What’s the point of scrubbing yourself if you have to scrub the tub afterwards??

I’ve been using their scrubs for a few months now and I’ve been very happy with the results.

http://www.sugarelle.com

beautyskincare
  • DexterDexter Raw Newbie

Try: www.saffronrouge.com for a bevy of all organic beauty products.

beautyskincare
  • sabrinasabrina Raw Jr. Leader

Squalene oil is the best oil to use on your skin.  It's the closest thing to the natural oil that your skin produces.  Coconut oil is not trans-dermal; it will just sit on the surface of your skin and collect dust.  If not squalene oil, use olive oil or almond oil as both are trans-dermal.  I buy my squalene oil from biossance.  https://biossance.com/products/100-squalane-oil

Check out my blog article on natural skin care too if you are interested: https://www.rawveganbeauty.net/single-post/2018/03/11/My-Natural-Skin-Care-Routine ;

beautyskincare
  • DiorellaDiorella Raw Jr. Leader

I use coconut oil, with essential oils as lotion, and massage oil. 
    Coconut oil for deep conditioning my hair once every week, I just let the oil sit on my hair for a day, then shower in the evening.
    Coconut oil for oil pulling.
    Coconut oil for moisturizing my face. 
    Coconut oil with a little epsom salt, himalayan salt, baking soda, and essential oils for scrubs.
    Coconut oil with baking soda, bentonite clay, essential oils for my deodorant.
    Coconut oil, with a little stevia, with baking soda as my toothpaste if I am not lazy to make one. 

My shampoo is Avalon Organics. I like some of their items too. 

beautyskincare
  • emmal9673emmal9673 Raw Newbie

I would recommend using essential oils. They are (if from a good brand) 100% natural, safe to use and they really nourish the skin. Jojoba Oils is good when you have a dry-skin problem, Argan Oil should cope beautifully with acne and all skin problems. My favorite is Peppermint oil, because it is so versatile. It can be used solo, or can be added to your daily bath, or as a serum before you put a cream. If you want 100% pure peppermint oil, you should try the Virginic one: https://virginic.com/collections/oils/products/japanese-peppermint-essential-oil. It’s pure, natural, organic and not that expensive.

beautyskincare
  • unao8unao8 Raw Newbie
    edited April 2022

I have had good skin genes so far and did not have a lof of issues with acne, just with a bit of redness. However when I started taking a new brand of birth control (almost a year and a half ago),I have started noticing some acne appearing around my chin. At first I was not so annoyed, but then since Im used to having really clean skin, it started getting on my nerves,heavily! Luckily, I have also talked to my dermatologist and since then the situation has improved a lot!! I would recommend it to anyone having acne, and eventhough it might be a bit pricey, it is definitely worth every penny! 

ClaireTbeautyskincare
  • newhopenewhope Raw Newbie
    edited April 2022

So, skin requires attention. Sorry to say, the older you get, the more attention you pay to your skin if you want to look good. There are plenty of ways do it. Personally me is not a fan of surgeon interference and prefer natural methods like Lanolin Anhydrous . still works for me.

ClaireTbeautyskincare
  • unao8unao8 Raw Newbie

I love these natural eco-brands, new smaller companies, make sure to check them out here: https://fashionpotluck.com/product-reviews/exploring-small-yet-fab-cosmetic-companies ;

They have products which look super cool and can also be a great gift idea! <3 

beautyskincare
  • george43george43 Raw Newbie
    edited May 2022

I use natural vegan turmeric soap. It is beneficial for my skin. It makes my skin glow, soft, and whiten. I bought it from the Likeitontop website. its products are handmade using natural, organic, and vegan ingredients. the quality of all products is outstanding.

Lilian Rossy Deletedbeautyskincare
  • ReflectorschReflectorsch Raw Newbie
    edited June 2022

I don’t use it much because I think that the simpler, the better. Also, I can’t complain because I got nice skin with even skin tone, so I don’t really have to do anything to make it look better.
    I use some moisturizer twice a day and do a scrub once a week to remove dead skin cells. Sometimes I use some coconut oil to make the skin softer, and that is basically it. I also see a dermatologist twice a year to make sure that I am doing alright. Sooner or later, I will have to include more things to prevent the skin from getting old too fast and prevent the appearance of early wrinkles.

beautyskincareClaireT
  • danielgdanielg Raw Newbie

Time for the West to move over! Asian skin treatment is taking over the elegance industry.
    K-beauty brands have actually become more popular around the world because of their quality active ingredients and their extremely cute product packaging.

In addition to the K-pop invasion, Korean culture has influenced the appeal market a lot. K-beauty paved the way for the (laborious yet effective!) 10-step Korean Skin Care Routine

The Buzz Around the Oriental Skin Treatment Routine.
    Korean females are recognized for their careful K-beauty regimens due to the fact that Oriental culture places so much focus on natural ingredients and also natural beauty.
    They desire their skin to look great also without any make-up.

Even males are not averse to utilizing Korean skincare items. It's normal to see guys in Korea wearing make-up without being bullied for looking womanly.

According to Euromonitor International, Korean guys invest four times more cash on cosmetics than Danish ladies do!

In general, Koreans value their skin wellness more than using makeup to cover up flaws.
    For them, avoidance is the most effective action in the direction of having a great look.
    And that's what K-beauty and the Oriental skincare regimen are everything about!

This is why their appeal regularly entails layering on dampness after dampness.
    Concern not about your skin drowning since it will certainly sink in goodness!

• jumubegumjumubegum Raw Newbie
    edited February 2023

There are definitely a lot of products out there that contain harsh chemicals and ingredients, so it's good to be mindful of what you're putting on your skin.

As for recommendations, I've heard great things about brands like Tata Harper, Herbivore Botanicals, and Dr. Hauschka. But as with anything, what works for one person might not work for another, so it's important to do some research and try things out for yourself.

• I am not very fond of all-natural ingredients in cosmetics, because they can be strong allergens - for example, various essential oils.

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I am not very fond of all-natural ingredients in cosmetics, because they can be strong allergens - for example, various essential oils.

There are some incredibly strong essential oils! Anything with rose in it always destroys my day. 

• I am looking to take my ‘natural’ approach a bit further into what i use on my skin but really don’t know where to start. What skin care products do you guys love? I read that some celebs like Jurlique, but I want to get real opinions from real people! Right now I am afraid that I use a skin care regime that is chocked full of bad stuff (parabens, etc.)—it’s okay, but I’m thinking that if eating raw is improving my body and mind so much then switching to an all-natural skin care line will also give me fantastic results.

So then, do you love a particular brand? Please…tell me everything!!!

For undereye I use hylauronic acid it worked for me and give an instant relaxing affect https://amzn.to/3L4QgC6
    For moisturizing I used cera v due ecezema type conditions i can't use chemical or frangrance so its best for me and never cause any irritation to my skin https://amzn.to/45vZ9fU
    I don't like too much scented lipsticks so i used this lip balm my friends recommended me and then i tried it myself its results are amazing https://amzn.to/3OPzqYI
    I used to shop this all from amazon as its all from trusted sellers don't wanna compromise on my face 
    that is why I mentioned the trusted links here 

• MessaganMessagan Raw Newbie

It's awesome that you're looking to switch to a more natural skincare routine.

• There are so many great brands out there that offer clean and eco-friendly options. Some popular ones include Burt's Bees, The Ordinary, and Dr. Bronner's.
    But remember, what works best can vary from person to person, so it's a bit of trial and error. Look for products with simple, natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals. Also, keep in mind that skincare is not just about products; a good routine includes cleansing, moisturizing, and sunscreen too.
    And by the way, I found the therapeutique-dermatologique textbook, which might provide some useful insights into natural skincare.

• xmerxruu Deletedxmerxruu Deleted Raw Newbie
    edited February 6
    george43 said:

I use natural vegan turmeric soap. It is beneficial for my skin. It makes my skin glow, soft, and whiten. 

Hey, I'm looking to develop a skincare routine as i virtually have a non-existent one at present (bad, i know!). Anyway, ideally i would like to use natural/organic products as i have very sensitive skin. So does anyone have any recommendations of products etc? Many thanks!

ClaireT
  • bellab10bellab10 Raw Newbie

Choosing the right sunscreen is crucial for protecting your skin. I have used this for a lot of times

https://mygreenstop.com/natural-organic-sunscreen