Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

sore throat during detox

I am on day 14 of detox and this morning around 11 am i suddenly found my right side of my throat so sore I almost started crying. I can’t swallow at all. It came on SUPER suddenly, like over the course of 5 minutes. It’s been about an hour and a half now. I otherwise feel good, strong etc, although the pain is making me want to take a nap. I also feel almost like a sore on the right back part of my tongue—i might even put anbesol there!

Could this be a detox sign? If so, what’s the reason for it? I get the acne, but not the sore throat.

Thanks for any adivice.

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I got a sore throat several days ago. And loads and loads of mucus. Fun huh? I suggest hot mint tea, so it won’t hurt so badly. Cloves also help with pain. Never use anbesal! Use cloves! Works the same, but healthier.

• thanks! i am dying here. no mucus though, just pain.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Two other suggestions:

• Fresh lemon juice in water (either hot or room temp water), this will help with detox
    • Throat Coat tea by Traditional Medicinals if you drink tea, yummy and naturally slightly sweet

If you have a sore throat for a week, please get it checked out by a doctor in case you have picked up Strep. Strep needs to be attended to and not ignored.

Happy healing.

• greenlovegreenlove Raw Newbie

I had this same exact problem. My throat was so sore and I had sores on my tongue too. They went away in a few days. Good luck!

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

apple cider vinegar in cold water will help any sore throat instantly!

• thank yolu everyone! do i drink the apple cider vinegar or just gargle? I will drink the lemon juice in water too. ugh, this stinks.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

throat coat tea is amazing. are you juicing? drink some carrot juice to fight the infection.

• Gargle a…..

8 oz. glass of water

2 tablesppons of raw apple cider vinegar

Dash of cayenne (no more than 1/8 teaspoon)

Gargle until glass is empty. Usually relieves most sore throats within minutes. If not can repeat procedure in fifteen minutes.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

hydrogen peroxide gargle, or straight chlorophyll gargle (green juice)... very healing for the mouth.

as to why this is happening, i have read that it’s a sign of detox, but i forget why. this happened to me too.

• thanks everyone. well, the sore throat is about 70% better and the tongue sores feel better not 100% but better.

Strangely, right after I got these 2 symptoms, i started to feel super bad, crampy, awful. then i went to the toilet (sorry for tmi) and felt immediately better, lighter. so maybe that was the worst of it,

• amanaamana Raw Newbie

oh I know this feeling,I have an awful sore between the top back of my nose and throat even into my ears.

ClaireT