Tired

I’ve been about 80% raw for a week and I’ve been feeling really tired. I sleep, but my eyes are achy and my body hurts. I have also been exercising more, but if feels like my body just isn’t recovering.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Comments

• i’ve heard this can be signs of detox. make sure you are getting plenty of greens. carrot juice does wonders for me. take time to rest and don’t overdue the exercise. i hope you feel better soon.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Sounds like it might be detox. For info, check out: Detoxing/Cleansing/Correcting Response on Gone Raw. If this doesn’t resonate with you and you are still concerned, please seek a health professional for advice.

• Whenever you make drastic changes it takes the body some time adjust. Like bitt said consume fresh vegetable juices daily. It would also be a good idea to get your blood checked every once and a while.

• Whenever you make drastic changes it takes the body some time adjust. Like bitt said consume fresh vegetable juices daily. It would also be a good idea to get your blood checked every once and a while.

• yes, that is good advice to get your blood checked. before i went raw I found out i had low iron and low vitamin D. both cause fatigue.

• Wow thank you guys! Fresh veggie juice should be no problem cause I just got a champion juicer (yay!). Actually, it is encouraging that this is happening if it is detox, that means that my body is getting healthier :)

• What can you eat or drink to maintain healthy vitamin D and Iron levels, then?

• green smoothies help. LOTS of rest helps. I slept a lot for the first few weeks i went 100% raw.. then i gradually started walking more, then biking, and finally i sleep 7-8 hrs a night, heavy exercise on weekends, and i’m never tired. you’ll get there!