Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Almonds not really raw?

http://www.naturalnews.com/024132.html

This says everything I need to, so check it out.

Comments

• yes. this is a common topic. if you buy your almonds online direct from the grower you can bypass this and get better almonds (for less!) anyway.

wholesale-almonds.com

i got 10 lbs for $50 last september and i’m only half way done. nuts keep well in the freezer.

• I actually work at Trader Joe’s and checked our raw almonds today. The non organic raw ones are from California, so I probably won’t get them anymore. The organic ones are imported from Spain, though, so I might try those next time!

• Yes, buying your almonds online is the way to go. Also, small farms are exempt from this rule, so your local farmer’s market might have raw almonds available as well. I usually get mine from the co-op, for they import raw almonds from Spain.

Great link, pianissima! They have great prices. :)

• In Canada we are able to get Sicilian Almonds in stores and online that are not pasteurized like the ones from the U.S.A.

• Interesting. I had been buying raw almonds from one store and then went to whole foods one day and saw two types of raw almonds. Just plain raw, and raw organic. So I got the raw organic, even though there were about $1.50 more a pound. I will have to look into this more myself.