Food Processors?

I need a new food processor, my current one is so loud I have to wear ear plugs! And its not really doing a great job. It was a cheapo 20 buck thing. I need to up grade and was thinking about splashing out on a cuisinart (well if I am going to eat raw for the forseeable future I’ll need it) so does anyone have any recommendations on make, model,etc. I know cuisianrt have a range of models (and prices!), and I don’t want to buy top of the line if the mid range will cover my raw needs.

I’d love to hear what works for people – and what doesn’t.

• I simply LOVE the 3 cup Cuisinart. I prep for one – so i tend to make small batches.…

My reasoning is, if i tried to make small batches (less than 2 cups worth) in a 7 cup, it wouldn’t work well.

• I don’t know about Cuisinarts, but I researched FPs two years ago and bought a big KitchenAid. I’ve been thrilled! No problems or issues to date, and I use it at least several times/week.

My advice is to buy the biggest one you can afford. Mine came with a big bowl and a little bowl, so I can always opt for the small one when I just wanna whip up a little dessert, etc. But, when I want to make a big batch of something to dehydrate, for example, then I only have to do 1 batch. What a time and effort saver!

• Look on They often have sales on big appliances and shipping is often free. You can read customer reviews and compare all the models and brands they carry. I bought a KitchenAid KFP750CR 700-Watt 12-Cup Food Processor, Chrome from during the summer. It was $199.99. It came with all kinds of attachments. I love it.

• Here’s my Cuisinart story: mine is at LEAST 25 years old and still going strong. I use it several times a week.

It used to belong to my MIL, but I borrowed it so damn much she bought herself a new Cuisinart and let me keep the old one. I’m pretty sure it’s the 11 cup standard size, and bigger is better.

Bed, Bath and Beyond always has 20% off coupons in the paper.