So i read the 80/10/10 diet and decided to give it a whirl. The problem I had was that within a few days my mouth was inflamed and bleeding and i started to have problems with constipation (ug). So i fell off the wagon. bad. I hit the vegan bakery near me almost every day in search of banana brownies. So im getting back on the wagon but with some adjustments from the book.
1) greens with every meal. I dont think I can handle all the fruit sugars, esp from bananas.
2) onions and garlic are ok for seasoning. I hate sweet salad dressings and if i'm chowing on the greens all day I'd like some savory.
3) spices and herbs besides salt are ok for flavor. I will try and keep the salt to a minimum.
4) some supplements are ok. I believe in whole food supplementation.
5) while my meals are more complex than dr. d suggests I need to be excited about what im eating too. I'll work on simplifying it, but I don't want the bakery to get me either.
Breakfast: Smoothie made of 3 mini frozen bananas, 1 c. strawberries, 1 c spinach, 2 t vitamineral green, 1 t maca, 1 c water.
munched on about 1 c. green grapes
Lunch: Salad made of 2 c. spinach, 2 c. romaine. 1/4 red bell pepper, handful of cherry tomatoes, 1 green onion, handful of broccoli sprouts, handful of sunflower sprouts.
dressing: 1 T fresh tahini, juice of one lemon, 2 cloves garlic, water, 1/2 t garam masala
munched on 1 c of carrot stix, 1 apple and 2 bananas
smoothie of mango, strawberries and apple
ate an apple driving home from work
dinner: hummus made of 1 T tahini, 1 zuchini, 2 cloves garlic, juice of one lemon, cumin
2 c. broccoli, 2 c. cauliflower, 1 c carrots
according to fitday.com this put me at 1637 calories, 20g fat, 371g carbs, and 39.6 protein. so thats 10% fat, 82% carbs and 8% protein