Hello from Maryland USA

Hello! I've been lurking around this forum for a few days now and decided to join up. I've been a vegan for years and a vegetarian before that. I was mostly interested in raw for ideas - ways to add variety to my diet, but I'm finding I'm more drawn to the lifestyle than I thought I would be. I'm already hooked on green smoothies! I'm really looking forward to transitioning to a more raw lifestyle.

• Hi, PercysLion,

Welcome aboard... hope you find the raw lifestyle to be both healthful and enjoyable. Happy transitioning!

• beware of gourmet raw.

enjoy your green smoothies!

• Thanks so much guys!

• Have you gone to Jave Green Cafe! They have raw food there! It's in DC.

We have yet to go... but I heard it's good!

• Hi I have been on raw food for only 6 weeks for the firs time, I have gotten rid of regular headaches, colleagues at work are commenting on my complexion lately, but I have not lost any weight at all.....any ideas ??

• Welcome! I'm from the DC area...what part of Maryland are you from? Glad you are enjoying those green smoothies!

• Hi Sonia,

Re: not losing any weight yet, be patient and eat lots of veggies, moderate fruit and limited nuts and plenty of exercize. I know lots of people recommend higher fruit, but if you stick to the above, I'm thinking you'll see some weight loss.

Best wishes-