Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hello from Maryland USA

Hello! I've been lurking around this forum for a few days now and decided to join up. I've been a vegan for years and a vegetarian before that. I was mostly interested in raw for ideas - ways to add variety to my diet, but I'm finding I'm more drawn to the lifestyle than I thought I would be. I'm already hooked on green smoothies! I'm really looking forward to transitioning to a more raw lifestyle.

Comments

• Hi, PercysLion,

Welcome aboard... hope you find the raw lifestyle to be both healthful and enjoyable. Happy transitioning!

-osoniye

• beware of gourmet raw.

enjoy your green smoothies!

• Thanks so much guys!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Have you gone to Jave Green Cafe! They have raw food there! It's in DC.

We have yet to go... but I heard it's good!

http://javagreencafe.com/

• Hi I have been on raw food for only 6 weeks for the firs time, I have gotten rid of regular headaches, colleagues at work are commenting on my complexion lately, but I have not lost any weight at all.....any ideas ??

• Welcome! I'm from the DC area...what part of Maryland are you from? Glad you are enjoying those green smoothies!

• Hi Sonia,

Re: not losing any weight yet, be patient and eat lots of veggies, moderate fruit and limited nuts and plenty of exercize. I know lots of people recommend higher fruit, but if you stick to the above, I'm thinking you'll see some weight loss.

Best wishes-

-osoniye