Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Quit Smoking before OR after going raw?

Hi everyone,

Heres the deal. I quit smoking for a year and a half and then started again in September. I quit again in December and Now started again. The point is I am able to quit smoking but then I eat the most terrible food. Yes,I replace it with food. I have never been able to go raw for more than 2 days. So I concluded that I am far more addicted to food then I am to cigarettes. It makes sense because we eat cooked food since we are babies so for me its been 21 years. And Ive only smoked for 6 years.

I think it would be easier for me to transition to raw and once Im confortable and I am not hooked on cooked foods and I am detoxed,THEN I will quit smoking. Has anyone had good results with going raw first? I hear once you go raw,you naturally lose the craving to smoke anyway. And I dont smoke much btw. Thoughts on this?

Comments

• I started eating raw foods in Jan 2009. (mainly breakfast and lunch)

In October 2009, I quit smoking completely. I just didn't care to anymore, and I think its because I had cut the processed foods from my diet.

• Awesome! So there IS hope!! :) So then its not crazy to go raw first?

• No Its not, I went raw first and then the amount I was smoking went down. It happens quite naturally.

• Thank you!!

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Your determination is encouraging.

• I'm 21 and smoked for 6 years before going vegan. My lifestyle changed; I took care of myself, lost weight, joined Bikram Yoga and suddenly quit smoking. It was a transformation.

Take it easy. You can do this. I joined a quitting group and it was very helpful, maybe you could give it a shot.

Good luck!

• When I went vegan a few years ago I was a smoker, and within a few days my nicotene cravings had shrunk drastically! And here's a tip I discovered by accident: having the aftertaste of fruit juice in your mouth makes cigarette smoke taste unbearably horrible!

• the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

I agree with the others, I no longer desired to smoke after going raw. It took a few weeks. When I backslid to cooked food, I started smoking again. Raw food is the easiest way to quit smoking AND drinking alcohol.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

hmm it depends when i went raw i started smoking more because i didnt have the serotonin releasing mass carbs from bread and such. But in time i lowered it to nothing and quit.

• NIce thought....but really Rhino Seeds offers you a vast and nearly limitless selection of Cannabis seeds (marijuana seeds). We have in stock regular and Feminized Seeds direct from the world's BEST cannabis seed banks. Our cannabis seeds are specially selected for their high germination capacity from some of the best Dutch genetic breeders. We here at Rhino Seeds make available to you the consumer hundreds of different varieties of the finest marijuana genetics. cannabis seeds