couple of questions

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that since eating this way, my skin seems so much drier than before?! I still use the same lotion as before, so I am not sure what is going on.

In regards to nutmilk, does it have the same amount of fat and calories as eating say a handful of nuts? Just wondering.

How much fruit should one be eating in a day?

Comments

• If you are going the low fat route that may be why? As far as fruit eating- as much as you can.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

Usually if my skin is dry it's either a sign it's winter and way too cold out or I'm not getting enough EFAs in my diet. I up the salba oil supplement I have and another Omega 3 supplement I have in addition to eating avocado and oils regularly in salads, and usually that corrects the problem.

• grapefruit.fanaticgrapefruit.fanatic Raw Newbie

My skin and hair also get dry, even in warm weather. Like camihearts said, eating avocado, olive oil in salads, and for me sometimes almonds or sunflower seeds, makes the dryness go away. You don't need a ton of fat, but I believe you do need some.

Fruit- a lot! I eat as much as I am hungry for, so it varies from day to day.

• Thanks

There is so much to learn. I hear; don't eat too many fats, eat more fats, eat more fruit, eat more greens, eat nuts, don't eat nuts....ahhhh! Ok, I guess I just have to find a balance, through trial and error and see what works best for my body. But let me know if I have this right;

eat more fruit, my body needs the sugar

eat lots of greens for all the proteins and minerals

eat enough fat to keep your skin from getting dry ;-)

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

You got it :) trick is doing it without worrying too much. It's all trial and error - the most important thing is how you feel and your energy level. As long as you have that right, you're doing fine.

• thanks camiheartsraw

trail and error ;-)