Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Night urination during grape detox

ShizzyShizzy Raw Newbie

I am in the process of going fully raw after a few years of mainly raw. I started it off with a (hopefully) 40 day grape detox. I am now on day 19 and things are going very well.

One thing I have noticed over the past week is an excessive amount of times that I get up in the middle of the night to pee.

Before the detox I would either not get up at all or maybe one time. Now I need to pee about 4 - 5 times through the night. I'm not eating or drinking 2-3 hours before I go to sleep, so I'm not sure where it's coming from.

I also noticed that from when I get up until about noon I don't pee at all even though I eat and drink as usual.

Anybody have any thoughts or info?

Thanks

ClaireT

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

What are you consuming during the detox? Is it just grapes? 

• ShizzyShizzy Raw Newbie

Yes, just grapes and water.

Have you had your blood sugar levels tested? You might be spiking them too high from the sugar. 

bettiet9255

My blood sugar is not high. Also, I would imagine that if it was that issue, I would be going a lot during the day as well - which I'm not.

It feels to me as if my body is producing more urine to get rid of toxins at night while my body is detoxing from all food I ate in the day.

I don't know if that is correct but it feels like the right explanation even though I don't have any experience in this realm.

ClaireT
  • How are you feeling otherwise? 

Feeling totally fine.

I'm on day 29 of grapes but I have started incorporating other fruit as well such as apples, dates, and bananas.

The night peeing seems to be slowing down as if my body has filled whatever need it had in that realm.

It sounds like you're going to make it to day 40! 

• danielgdanielg Raw Newbie

A grape detox sounds great, but does it really work? If you've ever tried a grape detox before, then you probably remember feeling bloated, tired, and even having some stomach pain.

Grape juice has long been touted as a natural remedy for digestive problems. The theory behind grape detoxes is that they cleanse the body of toxins through the liver. This leads to better digestion, clearer skin, and improved energy levels.

While these benefits sound good, there are also risks associated with drinking too much grape juice. Some people experience headaches or nausea after drinking large amounts of grape juice. And since grapes contain high levels of sugar, consuming them in excess can cause tooth decay.