too much of a good thing?

I started the raw diet because I want the healthiest life style possible but I am also hoping to shed a few pounds along the way.
One of my concerns since starting has been with the amount of nuts, olive oil, and avacados I’ve been consuming…
Each day since I’ve started I’ve had (with about 3 pieces of fruit through the day)...
-a handful of almonds or cashews (with fruit) for breakfast
-one avacado whole with sea salt and black pepper
-about 2 TBS of olive oil on a salad for lunch.
-either a dehydrated flaxseed cracker (the amount of calories it contained blew me away!)
or a chai raweo.

I know these are all “good” fats, but is it still too much of a good thing if I’m looking to lose a little weight?

Anybody’s input to this would be awesome!

Comments

• Sounds okay to me…I would see how your weight goes and judge from your own body. Everyone is different but nothing seems extreme here. I am not one to judge because my weight just won’t come off. Make sure that you enjoy your food when you eat it (fat and all)! HC

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

Chrissypie123. Your diet sounds similar to mine. You will lose weight. Just listen to your body – it will tell you what it needs – and don’t worry about the weight thing. You don’t say how long you have been transitioning/totally raw. If you are still in the early stages, after a short time, you will find your body does not want as much and your intake goes down.

• Chrissypie123, I’ll echo what has been said, what you’re eating sounds pretty good and there is certainly no magic formula (particularly not one that would apply to everyone!) I would say just make sure that you get enough water and other healthy and hydrating liquids and listen to your body. I find that when I go to bed or in particular when I wake up the next morning, my body will tell me if I nourished it too much or too little during the previous day. Also cravings for specific healthy foods are often our bodies’ way of telling us what it needs.

Let us know how it goes! :)

• I’ve only been raw for a little over a week and I’m not expecting anything yet—
    I feel good, but I was just worried that maybe I was overdoing it with oilier foods.
    Thanks for the advice!