Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green smoothie fast?

Comments

• My base recipe for GS is 3 handfuls of greens to 2 handfuls of fruits. My favorite greens are spinach, kale, parsley, and collards (cheap greens in the south right now!). My favorite fruits are strawberries, bananas, pineapple, kiwis, and mangos. I would like to try the swiss chard but so far it’s been a bit expensive. Next month I’ll forage for dandelion greens.

• Welcome shane and runraw! :)

Dave… absolutely no need to apologise!! It is your body and you know it best! :)

Just go for what you feel right! I’m new to raw and I can see myself deviating towards cooked food after 7 days of this green smoothie fast, but I intend to keep it as healthy as possible and maintain a high percentage of raw in my diet.

I know I won’t be able to jump straight into raw; this green smoothie deal is just something I’d like to attempt… I know complete transition will be a long process for me.

All the best to you and make sure you keep posting here anyway! :)

Everyone else who is in… I hope you’re all feeling well and happy today! :)

• I feel the same way you do Davidp80 and Eshne. I’m not 100% raw either and I know if I feel like eating cooked food after or maybe during the cleanse, I will do it.
    Transition to 100% raw can take quite some time. Everyone has their own pace. I know what you’re going through. I find it easier to eat raw for breakfast and lunch and have a cook meal for dinner. Evening is a hard time because I seek comfort in food after a long day and that’s ok. Being too hard on myself only brought me frustration and I don’t want to be the angry rawie.

I’m going to make my breakfast smootie: chard, kale and bananas!
    Have a nice day everyone :)

• Whoa! I don’t know if it’s the green smoothie but I’m filled with happy thoughts this morning. I’m sending all my positive energy to you all!
    I’m off to school!

• day one down. not so bad! hows everyone doing?

• I will attempt the smoothie fast for, four days, as I have dinner plans this friday….... I’ve been drinking smoothies for breakfast and dinner anyway and eating a big salad for lunch with lots of fruit in between meals. I ‘think’ a smoothie fast would be fun:)

p.s. i love this website:)

• how bout using romaine lettuce as a green with pears and banana.

• How’s everybody doing?
    I did my three quarts of green smoothie yesterday. I don’t know why but after my second green smoothie, I started having a migraine which lasted all night. Detox maybe, too much sugar? Anyway, I took some aspirin this morning. Migraines makes me useless and I can’t allow this today.
    But I’m still continuing the green smoothies. My morning shake will consist of bananas, strawberries, orange and spinach.
    Have a nice day everyone! We can make it!

• Hey everyone! :) Still going strong. Just sipping on a banana, strawberry, grape and spinach smoothie. Mmmmm :)

Hope everyone is doing ok. Nezumi! Hope you’re feeling a lot better now and your headache has gone!

:)

• Oh and welcome Angela! :)

Have a good day everyone!!!

• Thanks eshne:)

• this is the first green smoothie i made with apple, romaine lettuce, and banana. good. i like it better than juice because i think it will keep me fuller longer and i don’t waste the pulp. will sesame seeds or flax seeds be good in it?

• That’s a good question topcat. I think I’m going to add seeds too in my smoothies. Maybe I’ll feel more full and eat less fruit.
    I drank two quarts of green smoothie and in the evening I had a salad. I’m really craving something fat.
    Maybe tahini would be good in smoothies.
    How everyone’s day went?

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

How does every one feel??

• Good, good:) I had three quarts of:

frozen mangoes
    frozen mixed berries
    spinach
    kale
    vanilla
    water
    dates
    hemp powder
    berry green powder
    flax seed oil….... mmmmmmmmmm

• Oh and i ate an orange….. I feel great:)

• How about you rawkarategirl? How are you feeling?

• Good to see that everyone is still going. Keep it up guys! Congratulations on making it thus far :)

-dave:)

• Still going and feeling ok… except I ate a little bit of cauliflower cheese today :( oops!

But other than that… feeling just fine!

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)

• leigh starleigh star Raw Newbie

Hello all!
    Kristen mentioned doing the juice feast with your blender, and using your nut-mylk bag to strain the pulp… Which works so well for me as I am without a juicer!;) I was wondering if it is fine to freeze all that wonderful pulp for later uses/recipes? Would it still be re-usable?
    Thanks all! I love this thread!!! Go team Green Smoothie/Juice Feasters!!!
    xo

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Angela33, I haven’t really started yet but would like to try this sometime. and was just wondering if people we feeling tired or had lots more energy.

• Is anyone still on the cleanse?
    Unfortunately, I had to call it quits. It has nothing to do with the green smoothie cleanse. It’s really a great experience and my skin was glowing for the first days.
    I’m just in this phase of getting annoyed and irritated with all those restrictions. I was happy being vegan and healthy. Now all the stuff I liked like tofu, beans and whole grains are verboten. And so much contradictions! Don’t combine this and that, don’t eat bananas, don’t eat dates, don’t eat non-organic… and they say focus on what you can have and I have it and abuse it and end up feeling blah. It makes me obsessed with food.
    I know this has NOTHING to do with the raw food lifestyle. I guess my mind is just not ready and winter ain’t helping!
    I still want my vegan muffin, coffee and fruits in the morning. I like this feeling of fullness and I know it has to do with some kind of discontentment with my life…
    Whoa! Sorry if I sound like such a killjoy. I had to let it out…
    I still love green smoothies though!

• Nezumi, you have to do what is right for you, so I wish you the best. And yes GReen Smooties are the best, yummy:)

RawKaretegirl- I am full after each smoothie for a considerable amount of time. I do not feel hungry, which is weird?? I almost snagged a biscuit though, from the batch I was making for a friend who just gave birth to twins…. The smell was out of this world. I did not succumb to the temptation:)

• Hey Nezumi,

Congrats on making it as far as you did. It sounds like you and I came to the same realization at different times during this fast. Of course, I’ve changed my mind yet again (after feeling crappy on cooked vegan food for three days), and am yet again trying to go 100%. Where’s the balance?! Ergggh, this definitely can turn into an obsession, as you pointed out. I think once I make it over ‘the hump’ – when raw finally becomes normal – I’ll finally be able to leave all of this struggling and yo-yoing behind. So, I’m with you here.

Best to you!

-Dave:)

• Hi guys! Well, I got my new blendtec blender yesterday which means welcome me aboard folks I am green smoothie fasting! I kind of phased into it yesterday with mostly green smoothie and I start today with only green smoothies. My plan is to do 3 days (friday-sunday). To those who are doing it – how’s it going? Have fun!!

• I went off the track guys :( but if at first you don’t succeed….....

I’m going to try again beginning tomorrow. I’m trying again because I’d like to achieve this! I’m most definitely addicted to cooked food and as I said, my transition is slow, but the green smoothie thing would be a great boost for my health and a step along the road, so I’ll be starting again tomorrow morning (Saturday), hopefully with more willpower!

:) I hope everyone is doing great and feeling fine!

Happy Weekend!!!!!!

• Northern Lights and Eshne,

I may try to start again today, depending on how I’m feeling. I’m drinking a Gogi berry, orange, collard smoothie now, so I may as well keep it up. I can’t go back to cooked food this time around (have a good strategy involving some of my friends), and I would like to do the fast. Let’s see how it goes!

Best,

-Dave:)

• Well, so far day 1 has been fun. I went to the Asian store today and bought lots of funny greens etc. I have had a little bit of a headache on and off (yesterday, too). Maybe detox? Otherwise I am feeling fine! :) Good luck with the new starts Dave and Eshne! How many days is your goal? I think it is really helpful knowing you guys are also doing it. I think it is really exciting taking a break from preparing food… I didn’t realize how much energy I was using just deciding what to make, buying groceries, preparing, cleaning…. man if this smoothie thing doesn’t get old I might just keep going. I bet it will help with cravings afterwards, too. And I have a big desire to clean up and get organized everywhere else in my life… that is a nice side effect :) Yes, have a great weekend!

• Does anybody know why I got lined through? Hmmm.. strange.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

northern~ Edit your post and take out the dashes (”-”) in your smiley faces. When you have two dashes with text in between, the site will put a line through the text. Make your smailey faces noseless like this: :).