Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

broccoli/broccoli rabe

Do you have any broccoli/broccoli rabe recipes? Is there a reason (besides the bitterness) why I don’t see any recipe with these vegetables in it? Thanks for your time.

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I eat broccoli raw all the time, it is one of my favorites! I eat it with a raw hummus, or other raw dressing/dip. I don’t have time right now, but I will post some recipes a little later. Hope this helps!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Broccoli is better for you raw and there is more nutrition in the stalk. People have a tendancy to overcook broccoli, it should be crunchy not soft and melt in your mouth. I love brocoli, I always have since I was a child. My mom thought it unusual because I loved brocoli and spinach when I was a kid. I use to eat it every day lightly steamed but sometimes I craved it so bad I would just eat the broccoli raw. It doesn’t taste bitter to me. I eat it raw all the time now but the broccoli head gets stuck in my teeth. I don’t know what dips may taste well with it because I eat it by itself. I don’t even need seasoning.

• thank you for your inputs, guys. Spiritedmama: I am looking forward to your recipes. joesc: do you eat raw broccoli rabe?

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

No, I haven’t seen it in the stores but I will look for it. I probably didn’t see it because I wasn’t looking for it.

• I was just going to post a recipe for broccoli slaw!! We eat raw broccoli almost everyday and love it. I’ll go post my recipe now!!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

I will post my Alfredo Sauce recipe soon. I normally eat it with just courgette (zucchini) noodles and loads of Broccoli Florettes. Sometimes I do add a few of my ‘Grilled Steak’ strips.

The book ‘Living Cuisine’ by Renee Underkofler has a recipe called ‘Lower East Side Patties’. We call them ‘Broccoli Burgers’ and they RAWK!

I also love Broccoli covered in my ‘Greek Wow Sauce’.

I try to buy the most purple Broccoli I can.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I will try the your greek wow sauce on the broccoli.

• Ashira, will try broccoli slaw. Thanks for sharing.

Chris Carlton, do you have to recipe for Broccoli Burgers? thanks for your time.