Q to Raw Nomads

I put in my “bio” that I am currently not 100% raw with one of the reasons… perhaps the main 1 that I find it rather difficult to maintain when it comes to travel… which could be as near as a friend’s house up the street or international. There seems to not always be raw or even vegan patronage around and difficult to deal with in an unfamiliar place. Anyone have any insight?

Comments

• fruits and nuts travel well and there are grocery stores everywhere to grab some fruit or veggies! and if you are traveling internationally you will probably get to try new fruits and veggies!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Well I find that just about every restaurant out there has some sort of salad on the menu, I always bring my own dressing with me (in a small spice jar) if I’m out and about and have a feeling I may end up in a restaurant. As far as traveling… no biggie… regular people make their fast food runs through a McDonalds, I make my fast food runs through a grocery store and pick up a few fruits (that is if I don’t have any on me). Whenever I’m out and about I always have an apple, or some sort of easily portable fruit with me, along with flax crackers. Sometimes I bring smoothies with me, dried fruit, and so on. It’s really not that hard at all. If you’re on vacation, find out ahead of time about local farmers markets. Great way to check out and experience the local produce! Staying raw while traveling isn’t hard at all, just think a little outside of the box :-)

• Thanks Gwen! I was thinking I suppose of also the lack of raw “tools” – dehydrator, juicer, etc. I’m not that disciplined yet to not get tired of having salad all the time which is all i could imagine with the travelling.

• check out the blog of Angela Stokes: http://www.rawreform.blogspot.com

she’s constantly traveling, juicing, staying raw and eating simply. you can eat at a mexican food restaurant… just get some guacamole and lettuce leaves. i don’t always have a dressing with me, i usually either just eat it with no dressing, or just accept that their dressing may be ever so slightly not raw. just do the best you can, and you’d be amazed how good that can be!