Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Culinary Student Needs Help!

hello, everyone. i am a culinary student and doing a report for a nutrition class on the raw food diet. i was asked to bring in something for my class to try… i may or may not have access to a food processor, i have a blender, no dehydrator or anything…if you have any easy delicious recipes that may also be cost effective i’d super appreciate it. thank you, much!

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Green smoothies all around!!! LOL j/k Hmmmmmmmm… so the only guaranteed equipment is a blender right? Hmmmmm

• yes, um, i have been wanting a food processor for a long time…might b time to get it

They got some great deals on ebay. Especially on the 12 cup or so ones.

So how big is your class, how many people are you looking to serve?

• Are you allowed to prepare any of it there? Because green smoothies and raw ice creams are good but they dont travel well.

i was gonna say a pie or something of that nature, but if you have a large class you may need to make a couple pies. Can’t go wrong with a raw pie though!

• i need to serve about 20…unfortunately, i cannot do any of it there and it’s an early morning class on saturday, so i’m looking for something i can make completely the night before or just assemble in the morning…something that can easily be served like an appetizer or dessert i think…

thanks much

• you could do a fruit salad, but thats not very unique to raw fooders…..oh you could make a chia seed gel, then top with fruits, nuts, and dates like this recipe http://goneraw.com/recipes/2229-Warming-Chia-pu…

• i have been checking out the raw pies-they look delicious- know where i can get a springform pan?

• Oh yea a pie is a great idea! I think i bought mine at target but they should have them at like bed bath beyond or somewhere like too

you can get springforms pretty much anywhere, even target or walmart, any kitchen store will carry them too.

• thanks…you both rock!

• okay so i’m thinking a crust made of pecans, walnuts, raw honey or agave nectar, sea salt, dates, vanilla extract (or bean), cinnamon, and orange zest

then fill bottom w/ strawberries and add a mixture of banana, honey or agave, vanilla bean, and dates

top with strawberries and orange slices

sound good? too many ingredients? any adjustments?

So would this be like a tart then or are you shootin for a pie? The banana mixture… are you slicing the banana or mashing them??? If it’s gonna be a blended mixture I think it will be too runny and won’t hold. Also since bananas are pretty sweet you may not need both the agave and the dates. And maybe add a splash of lemon juice so the bananers don’t go brown!

• The crust sounds good, but one popular and totally delicious filling would be a chocolate mousse-like mixture that is made from avocado, dates or agave nectar, and cocoa powder (Green & Blacks or Dagoba are my fav). There are a couple recipes on this site if you search under chocolate pie… I would top with a few carefully placed hazelnuts, and maybe some coconut… mmm

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

No dehydrator? Try carob, coconut macaroons! (You can get raw carob and coconut from www.naturalzing.com ...well, that’s the most convenient place I get them from. I’m sure there are are other no-appliance needed recipes, I think if you click the Electricity Free tag, you’ll find some.