What to do with leftovers from almond milk ?

I’m a beginner and wondered how to make easy cheeses from the ground up almonds I make milk out of. Are there any other things I can do with that stuff besides stick it in a compost pile ?

Comments

• It is easy to make cheese from left over pulp, mix in a few flavours (herbs, lemon juice etc.. to taste) and place in a nut-milk bag or mesh fabric. Apply pressure to squeeze out excess moisture. Place in fridge. This should make cheese :)

You can also use the pulp to make ‘burgers’ or ‘patties’ in the same way but place the squeezed out pulp mix in a dehydrator in desirable shapes and wait :D

• pantypanda,

If you don’t know what to do with all that almond pulp you could use it in your almond milk. We soak 1 cup of almonds for 24hrs and then we remove the skins. We afterwards blend them in a Vita-Mix with just a little bit of water at first till creamy and then slowly add the rest of the water (total 3 cups water). The milk is very creamy. All that’s left is the almond skins that go to the compost pile.

• rawclairerawclaire Raw Newbie

Great idea rawnutrition! How do you skin the almonds without putting hours into it?

• My dog LOVES almond mush… sometimes i even dehydrate it w/ a little garlic to make her some cookies

• I rely on family effort, the more hands available the quicker it gets done.

• thanks rawnutrition ! i don’t have a vitamix and won’t have the money for one for awhile… but your suggestion makes my burning want for one even bigger !

what you suggested will be the first thing i do when i get one ;]

• RawNutrition….why do you peal them instead of just adding the whole things? If you peal them does it come out more smooth, or what? Seems like a lot of work (I have no help here) unless the end result is a lot better. Marcy

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Almond carrot pate!

The almond peels come right off if you soak the nuts for 24 hours. You don’t need to peel them – your almond milk might have little bits of color, since you’re not straining it in the nut milk bag. It’s not a problem tho – i always make mine with skins.