Coconut Oil in GS

I was wondering about coconut oil in green smoothies. If I’m consuming only GS and fruit and veg, is it a good idea for me to add coconut oil to my smoothies to get some fat intake? I am actually trying to release weight so I wouldn’t want it to have the opposite effect.

Comments

• I wouldn’t think it would be a bad idea! Just be careful not toadd too much, that will make your smoothie taste like there’s sunscreen in it. lol

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

eshne: Coconut oil (and coconuts in general) have medium chain fatty acids, and it’s more likely to get converted to energy for the body’s needs, as opposed to getting stored as fat. In the tropics, where coconut is consumed on a regular basis by people on traditional diets, obesity doesn’t seem to be much of a problem. A lot of the people there are pretty skinny! It’s a different story when they switch to a more Westernized diet, with all the cooked polyunsaturated oils. :)

• Thanks rawclaire and achin70 :) I’ve read that in order to burn fat you need to consume fat so I’ll try adding in a little and see how it goes.