Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

food combining

Im a new at this, and love the site! But so many of the recipes posted call for fruit and nuts, or salads with vegetables and fruit. Doesnt this go against the first rule of food combining? ...Fruit alone?

Comments

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Some fruits can be mixed with certain vegetables and the same applies with nuts and vice versa. Certain fruits may not go well with other vegetables, nuts or even other fruits because the time it takes for the food to be digested. For example watermelon can be mixed with lemons but not with bananas.

• i’m trying to pay more attention to my food combining too…what’s a good book to start with?

• i have “the food combining bible”.. it has some good recipe ideas and it’s a decent book.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

There was a simple chart in the book Rawsome by Bridgette Mars. Alissa Cohen mentioned some of the information in her book but I don’t take much of her words seriously. Many recipe books for beginners have some food combining information but it is not that extensive.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Josec Just wondering why you don’t take alissa cohen’s words seriously….only because I am thinking about getting her book and haven’t made my mind up yet, Thanks.

• Quote from Rawsome by Bridgette Mars:

The philosophy of food combining is based primarily on cooked food. When you are following a raw food diet, which is nountiful in the enzymatic activity that aids disgestion, proper food combination is not as critical. It does become critical, however, for people with poor assimilation, digestion problems, or low energy.