headaches, salt defieciency, running

I’m eating all raw, and also started a running regimen. The week I started running I started to get terrible headaches and general feeling of illness, drowsiness. I don’t know for sure if it’s related to the running. I live in New York City and have been running on the roads. The weather has also been warming up.

Someone thought I might not be getting enough salt in my diet, and I need more since I’m losing a lot of salt from sweat during my runs.

Can anyone provide some illumination on these matters? Thanks.

Comments

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

I was getting headaches especially on nights where I was teaching. I thought it could be stress headaches, but I’d get them when I wasn’t particularly stressed.

In February I quit Stevia ( as well as other artificial sweeteners). I haven’t had headaches since.

I know that coffee and things might not taste as good without artificial sweetening, but you get use to it. It’s harder to detoxify your body with the raw diet when you are continuouslly ingesting toxins.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Fist—how many miles are you running? Salt would not be an issue until you were upwards of 16 miles or 3 hours out there. If you’re dragging, you may be having too much fat in the diet B4 the run. Try having all fruit before you head out there (30-60 min before).

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

good advice lzhpt. before my runs i’ve tried a banana, handful of gojis and cacao nibs- and you can’t catch me! and always about 35 minutes before i head outside.

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Here is a really interesting little snippet from organic athlete re: salt

http://www.organicathlete.org/content/view/374/...

The rest of their educational articles are equally great!

What do you eat before your run Rawnat? I think Izhpt is right on target with the fat before runs.