Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

URGENT MESSAGE EVERYONE! PLEASE LISTEN!

This Company is one of the Biggest Threats to our Future Health!!!

PLEASE, I beg of you!!! You MUST take the time & go to this web site & listen to the indepth research that a woman from France did on the company that seeks to kill & de-populate the earth through their so-called ‘safe’ products i.e. GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) that they are trying to induce in everything we eat. Be very CAREFUL what you purchase in the way of fruits & veggies! Look at the produce stickers. The PLU code: 5 numbers prefaced with the number 8 is a GMO product.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/arch…

There is ONLY ONE WAY to escape what’s very quickly coming upon this earth… To find out how, please go here: www.spiritlessons.com & read about those who have recently been taken by THE LORD JESUS HIMSELF into HELL (a very real place of torment for eternity with NO ESCAPE) and/or HEAVEN (a very real place that I, too, was taken in 1987) and that HE IS SENDING OUT FINAL WARNINGS TO THE EARTH & ESPECIALLY TO THOSE THAT CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS. HE IS SPEAKING through many that HIS RETURN for those that belong to HIM is MUCH NEARER than anyone EXPECTS!

Comments

• As a person who is often surrounded by atheists, and is always the agnostic to remind them of religious tolerance, you are the kind of person that makes me think that they are right. Religion may truly be evil. Those who perpetuate this kind of nonsense about heaven, hell, and jesus have no grounds based in reality. You can’t even prove jesus ever existed. There is no “second coming.” People need to change their ways in relationship to there food choices, but making this decision based on fanatical fear is ludicrous. Gosh, wing nuts make me mad.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Yes, this site is about raw food! I know we have a Raw Christian thread which is fine for those who want to participate in that. But, as an atheist, I don’t want to read this sort of stuff when I click on a unknown thread. Yuck!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I agree, this is over the top. But, as athiests and agnostics, how do you explain nature and its destruction that is taking place?

• Please don’t lump all Christians together, and please don’t think the above post is the norm. That is just insanity and is not based on anything biblical. That is manipulative and, and…I am speechless. I can’t even think of what to say…I am at a total loss…

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

As a non-Christian I would ask you to respect my religious beliefs (or lack thereof). This is a raw food forum.

• We are delving into one of the three “no no”s….money, religion and politics. I’m sure that the intention is well meant however, as has been stated, this site is about raw food. There must be other venues for spiritual ranting that would be more appropriate.

• 123, is that a flock of sheep i see? How significant is that? can i presume you see yourself as a shepherd. Take a look around you, the other creatures that share this planet with us are’nt worried, why should we be? Nature IS the most destructive element on earth. This supernatural stuff might work on weak, sick people, but you can’t touch healthy minds, no matter how much you try to get us to join your flock. As for GMO’s we’ll have to wait and see. Cheerio for now.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Imagine that you are standing on the corner, minding your own business, and someone walks up to you and asks you if you have ever performed a specific sex act, one you may even find reprehensible, on your spouse or significant other, and they do so in a offensive, graphic way. This is how it feels when someone believes themself justified or obliged to thrust their unsolicited religious belief on you. Why do people believe they are so superior that they have the right to advise me, without solicitation on my part, about an area of my life that is so personal most people actually believe it to be sacred? This superiority and lack of respect for others is why religion (not spirituality) is used to justify the greatest horrors committed by men. Good deeds will never compensate for what this evil does. I don’t have to be an aethiest, an agnostic, a christian, a jew, a muslim, or member of any religious belief to be offended when someone thinks they have the right to treat me or others this way.

Yes, Monsanto is a dangerous corporation. I think what they expect their reduction of biodiversity to do is rather obvious by the Doomsday Seed Vault that Monsanto, Rockefeller and Bill Gates have invested in. Read the story behind that link and you’ll realize it is scarier than you imagined.

I’m sorry, I can’t get that link to work. You will need to cut and past the link as follows: http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&a…

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Everyone who has posted to this thread, not posted to the thread, thinking about posting to this thread, or has any thoughts about this thread, please! please! please! view this: Charter for Compassion.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Wow.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Pffft. Stop shrieking.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

badnews, my sheep are made of cauliflower and the significance is that I’m one of the flock of rawfoodists. I asked the question to the previous posters because I was curious about how they see the world. No, you will likely be incorrect if you presume anything about me or anyone else that you don’t know.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

oye vey.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Marichiesa,

Oy vey is right. Totally meschuggennah!

• 123, Pardon the force of my destructive nature if i got you wrong, thats religion, the whole thing is madness, lets let it go at that. cheerio for now.

• I have to agree with the many who’ve posted before me.. Everyone has a right to believe in God (or gods) in their own way and you even have the right to offer your religious views to anyone who asks about them but it is NEVER right or fair to push your religion or it’s views on to people who haven’t asked or showen interest in it. I myself am a Muslim and I am ever so proud to be one and just because the very left-wing christian view was so vhemantly poured onto this post it makes me not want to look at the link at all or even give much attention to the message, no matter how important it may be.

As stated before there IS a christian thread on Gone Raw and it is specifically for christian topics and points of interest.. I think that it’s best for EVERYBODY to keep such religious posts there. This will keep the peace and prevent any bad feelings/thoughts from threatening the general public of Gone Raw!

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

well i think the end is coming. i’m NOT christian, or even close to it. i’m thinking more along the lines of alien invasion or natural disasters, or both!! or a government conspiracy with an alien race to depopulate earth. haha!

but with the “end” of this world, i think there will be a new beginning. there’s alot of people that feel that 2012 will be the pivot point, to a shift in earth’s electro magnetic field and or a shift to a higher dimension (NOT heaven)

all this talk of heaven and hell…no i don’t buy that. i think all the natural disasters are mother earths way of purifying herself from the scum that humanity has become. NOT god punishing the sinners.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

wow, i think i may have just sounded wackier than the original post, haha!

as far as GMO’s, i think this is just a reflection of how sinister and utterly GREEDY man can be, it’s all about making alot of money and having no concern for health consequences. this happens all the time in america land of the free. big pharma has no concern if the medication you take might kill you. its all about big money.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Thanks for the info on the PLU codes! Yikes, and our produce doesn’t have a PLU code, will have to look into that further. And I do agree that the world is coming to the end of times…not that the earth will “end” but “heaven on earth” could indicate that people will exist on earth if they are believers. :)

This is me personally, as I investigate with passion and curiosity to figure out what I should eat to be healthy, I personally feel the same or more energy should be put into seeking and finding the truth. :) I’d rather live a day believing and finding out it’s true than not believing and finding out I was wrong.

I don’t think it is wrong to tell people about Jesus, some people want to know, some don’t, but sometimes scaring somebody into finding out about him could make people run in the wrong direction? Some people just plain don’t want to hear it, and that is their choice.

I don’t mind reading the links, I like seeking and discerning what is biblically backed up, but agree that putting it into the Christian category would avoid upsetting those that don’t want to hear about it.

Whether you seek or not is up to you, we were given our own free will to choose. My choice is to believe. I do try to keep an open mind, if I didn’t keep an open mind and seek the truth on ALL matters, I wouldn’t believe in Raw Food…I’d just listen to what the Standard American Diet media hype was telling me in the papers and on tv…milk and beef makes the body strong? Treating all of our greens will be best for us all? GMO foods are just as good or even better? ;)

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Thank you for that link Bluedolfin. What a great perspective and something I believe in striving for.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

I’m a Christian, but posting this isn’t going to ‘convert’ anyone, if that’s your intention. It’s just going to piss them off. You have to be careful about what you throw out there.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

RAWMAMA - Using that PY Coding system, organic foods begin with a 9. However, the PLU Codes aren’t universal. Many growers/markets use them and many don’t. If it doesn’t say organic, I assume it is GMO. If it says it is organic, I sometimes still have doubts because people aren’t above mislabeling food to charge more for it when they don’t have a right to. I was in a grocery store chain and saw these really large and perfectly shaped apples marked organic. They were HUGE and beautiful but I didn’t buy them. I have never seen organic apples or any organic food look like that.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Meditating, I saw incredibly huge “organic” apples at one of our stores here and I just don’t believe it was organic, either. I mean, I know it’s possible but I didn’t feel comfortable eating that apple, especially since this organic section was full of old, rotting produce. I figure if the store has shaky, ethics, it’s better to go elsewhere because there is no way to know what you are getting.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Thank you for that information Meditating, I will pay close attention to it from now on. My concern during the Summer months is that we buy a lot from the local farmer’s markets, and as you and Alix1962 said, how can I truly be 100% sure that I’m getting something that is best for my family :(

We are going to pick our own berries this year, and are planting a larger garden (if I can get my act together and start planting!), so that will help too. I know that there also is a state park in PA that has a huge grove or truly organic, untreated apples (and that is obvious by the ugliness of the outside of the apples) that have been brought in from all over the world. You pick your own depending on what flavor you desire…I hope to remember to get there this year. Ok, so go for the 9s (if from a trustworthy vendor), avoid the 8s.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Here’s a good site for finding GMO info: http://www.seedsofdeception.com/Public/Home/ind…

Here’s a link to their nonGMO shopping list: http://tinyurl.com/53u2ua

I know the author. He is extremely thorough and totally walks his talk.

About organic produce, not all growers are careful about their seed. A few years ago I was trying to find dinosaur kale seeds. This was before the kale was widely available. I couldn’t find it in the Midwest where I live. I ended up calling the small whole foods store in California where I first saw the kale, speaking to the produce manager, and getting the name and phone number of his supplier, a smallish farm in California. It took a few days but finally I reached the farmer, a nice fellow who was committed to organic and had many years of experience.

BUT, when I asked about his seeds, he didn’t know whether or not they were GMO. This was an eye-opener. IMHO GMO is the worst thing, far worse than pesticides. And this experienced, certified organic farmer was clueless. His seeds were probably nonGMO, but he wasn’t at all alert to the issue.

So you never know…

• I don’t think this is the place to promote your religious views, PLEASE KEEP IT RAW

• is it just me or is this just a forum.. noone has busted down anyones door hitting people over the head with bibles here.. if you dont agree with the person who posts then so what.. ignore it!! noone is “forcing” religion on anyone.. at least i dont think.. i guess what my problem is is that i see alot of people and organizations that get pissed anytime anyone mentions christianity.. but not when any other religion is mentioned.. these are the same people and organizations that preach compassion for everyone and tolerance.. sometimes it seems as though we are supposed to tolerate everything but christianity.. comedians and talk show hosts can make fun of christians all day long and but as soon as someone mentions another group of people in a bad way, its all over the media and people have to publicly apologize on tv blah blah blah.. so what if i started getting mad at peoples bumper stickers because they are “forcing their beliefs on me” when i am sitting at a stop light behind them?.. no i just dont look at it if i dont like it.. the other point i wanted to make was that while, yes, this is a raw food forum like some people above mentioned.. there are A LOT of posts on here that have nothing to do with food much less raw food.. so why are people upset at this one? just another post to me.. it seems that people dont just stick to raw food subjects on this site.. they stick to subjects that are important to them in a healthy lifestyle and some have religion in their lives as part of THEIR healthy lifestyle..

• but i still love you guys!!

• WELL SAID, loveskale. WELL SAID.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I was also surprised by the reaction to this thread. I’ve reread and reread the opening comments and although I don’t really understand it, it seemed like someone was trying to help others in their own way. They’ve found a path that works for them and obviously wanted to share it with the idea that it might be helpful. What came back seemed really harsh. Obviously there are a lot of people who feel strongly that this was offensive to them, but I truly don’t think that was their intention.

I thought “Other” meant anything raw foodists might want to discuss. I’ve brought up spirituality and have connected with people who have similar interests in Buddhism. Do we really want to be so limiting that Christians have to stick to the Christian forum. Sounds a little scary to me. I agree with loveskale. There are lots of discussions that aren’t relevant to me, so I glance and move on. I’ve noticed one other discussion like this in the past that was full of negativity and vilified a member for different reasons, it had a mob mentality feeling. That member and this one seem harmless to me. I recognize that extremist religious views of all faiths can be hurtful and damaging and there have to be limits for the safety and well-being of others. I just feel bad for this person, I notice they haven’t come back. Is that what we want?