Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

august 80/10/10 support group

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Morn, I’m glad you’re finding success with 811. I’ve enjoyed your posts on RFT for awhile and am happy to see you here. I am doing 811 in earnest, but I am also tampering with juice feasting a bit.

• No takers on my dilema huh? O well I guess I will just have to make a decision on my own. I was a bit bummed today because it seems like my body gained back a pound. I don’t know how that could be (perhaps its because I didn’t weigh myself at the same time today). But still a bummer. Hopefully it is just temporary. Anyway got in a good workout today and feel good. I also bought a new workout outfit at Victoria Secret and it is the bomb! Can’t wait to wear it at the gym! I only save my good workout clothes for the gym so On Thursday I will wear it.

I have been very proud of myself for resisting the temptation to eat salad dressings for the last 5 days. If you would have asked me if I could ever do this diet I would have said no way. I guess it is funny how we gradually shift into things we thought we would/could never do. When you are serious enough about wanting to lose weight you will try anything. I have been so stuck on high fat raw and wasn’t making anymore headway. I hope by the end of August I will have made a serious dent in my weightloss goals.

Elbo and Moth – thanks.

Moth – glad to see you over here as well!

• Here is my food intake today:

2 bananas, Huge garden salad (with romain, spinach, and spring mix) with lots of veggies and squeezed lemon on top, 1 cup of blueberries 1 whole cantaloupe Greentea lemonade Couple of oven cooked potato slices (caved to the temptation when I cooked for family)

Today’s exercise: 45 minutes

40 minutes of extreme taebo 5 minutes of abs

Calories: 975 – 84/7/9 (fat)

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

Wow Morn…you are doing really well! Yes, ofcourse the time of day, can make a pound of difference…lol. As for this website, yes, sometimes it’s all fine, but often it won’t even let you in!

As for your potluck event, the book says to go ahead and eat some extra fat and then just eat No overt fats for the few days following to make up for it. ...it’s all about an average.

My exams are in 4 days, and then I am doing a fast….which for me, is like you said earlier in this thread…an amazing change in mindset.

• sorry morn, didn’t pick up on the dilemma…bananna is right…take your 10% as an average…it’s actually better to do so….have 1 day where your fat is a little higher and then 2-3 with no overts

this will allow for the body to rest more between the overt days and also provide you with more accurate feedback of what effects higher fat is having….a little fat every day (extra to that in the fruit etc) will be adding a constant extra load…better to have more fat on less occasions

of course, this is maybe better hen you are more set into the way of 811…if a little overts per day is really helping you , then keep it

re:the potluck….i’d say just go for it….eat what you want…..if depriving yourself makes you miserable you are not doing yourself any favours…being happy doing what you are doing is key…remember how much emphasis doug places on the other pre-requisites of health :o)...it will also probably show you how eating these more complex foods affects your new , more efficient digestio

and re: the weight gain….ABSOLUTELY DON’T weigh yourself daily….there are so many factors involved as to make it quite depressing….i know you are really excited to lose this last 10 pounds, but don’t let it overshadow the other benefits that you might feel….the weight loss WILL happen…try to limit yourself to 2 weighs a week

hope this helps :o)

• Hey, count me in starting today. I fell off the raw wagon the past month and a half, but I’m back and ready. When I eat raw, I naturally eat 80/10/10 so this should be a walk in the park as long as I can ignore my SAD cravings.

08/06/08 = 03:94:03 (BTW – I’m using CRON o METER)

• Welcome Kait!

Thats cool that you already eat this way. I wish I started off this way when I went raw. But I probably wouldn’t have been ready for it as going all raw in itself was a complete shock to my system!

Banana – I am still up that pound. How crazy is that!

Elbo – thanks for the advice you are right. I shouldn’t weigh myself cause it does nothing but discourage me and I need to stay focused. I want to lose 2 pounds a week and I have already done that so I am happy for this week. Just wish I could have done more in the first week. Still thinking about the potluck. Haven’t reserved my spot so I don’t even know if there is room for me or not.

• I’m not positive if headaches are part of detox, but UGH! Last night I had the hardest time keeping my eyes open because of the pressure from my forehead. This morning I woke up with a similar migraine feeling. Thankfully, I’m feeling better.

08/07/08 (one month until my birthday) = 04:93:03

• Yesterday’s stats: Total calories: 1079 89-7-4 fat

Kait sounds like caffeine withdrawl

• Morn – Wow, I didn’t even consider caffeine withdrawal, but that must be it! I’ve pretty much dove back into raw cold turkey and was eating a really terrible SAD only a week or so ago. I was definitely a coffee, energy drink, diet soda addict. So it’s probably a mixture of c/w & detox.

• Hello, I was here for last months challenge, but didn’t quite finish it when I went on vacation. Been hanging out elsewhere and it hasn’t turned out all that well. I’d like to return to this challenge, if you all don’t mind a late entrant.

• Where is everyone?

• i’ll be back in tomorrow

some failed fasting attempts after some successful ones has left me with the realisation that i fast best when i don’t plan it…when i wake up and just fall into it, it seems to work

i’m oing away next month to a retreat for a while….no 811 possibility…not even 100% raw…..so this is the last month to get in some extra nutrition

money problems are gonna limit me calorie wise , and the heat where i am is causing me to crave liquids, so i’ll be mono-ing on orange juice for a while, and trying to incorporate some greens near the end of the month

i’m still keen to do a slightly longer water fast, so i may fall back into that…i’m not gonna force it , though

so , count me back for tomorrow….811, lower-cal style :o)

keep it up folks….regardless of how few people there are here

• Well I’m back, going to hangout here and keep it calm and sane. Had a couple of very rough days emotionally and went off the 811 totally. So not good. :-( Watched the Rozalind Gruben talks over on YouTube, shopped at the farmers market this morning and ready to go again.

This mornings haul at the market: (oh, I’m going to eat so good!) Grown within a 20 mile radius: figs, blueberries, nectarines, tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupes, sweet banana peppers, yellow squash From the flea market stands: Grown within 100 miles: peaches, muscadines (really early for muscadines – oh yummy) Not local: bananas, mango, papaya, kiwi, oranges, romaine, spinach and a mystery fruit – mispero? (phonetically) to try

Report on the mispero aka nipero – Google found info that said it is the same as a loquat, but the fruit I just ate wasn’t at all like a loquat. It was very similar to a longan, but with a green outer coat that I cracked & peeled off, pale orange flesh that is a bit different texture, somewhat tarter, and much more adherent to the seed. Interesting, but not (to me) worth going back for more. Any idea what I just ate?

RusticBohemian: Thank you for that link; it is most helpful.

• Kayell,

Hi , I am new. just wanted to say Hi,and

hang in there..its a process.Me too. Emotional and the rest.Is there a way you can get through the emotional part with some help?of course there’s here…

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m still drinking juice-only…I don’t limit myself…just drink up. :-)

I mostly have orange, pineapple, watermelon, or apple. Sometimes I blend greens in with them.

• Sorry I’ve been awol the past few days! I couldn’t get on this website! Anyway, I’ve been eating watermelon, peaches, bananas, cucumbers, tomatoes and celery. Mostly mono meals. I’ve also been exercising an hour each day. I feel great and I’m getting excellent results!

• Hi Kayell,

I believe we’ve been acquainted on Dr D’s 811rv board on vegsource.com! Remember to focus on what you’re doing right and what you’re doing wrong will fade away!

Update: I’m still on the mono meal train! I started yesterday with some delicious heirloom tomatoes! I also had a meal of peaches. Later I enjoyed some bananas. I finished off my day with celery. For exercise, I shimmied my hips for an hour at a drum circle! I’m still awake because I want to enjoy the Perseids meteor shower. I’ve seen a few—it’s hard because it’s a bit cloudy out plus light pollution …

• Hey you all I am jumping in!I hope to post regularly,,however my computer often can’t get to this site, too much traffic. i am not computer savvy so i am not sure why. Anyone?

A little backgrnd, I have been raw for the most part since last Sept. Not the 1st time tho. Most of my eating was “if its raw eat it.” Ate alot of fat!I transitioned a few months ago to 811. However I did completely go off things this summer, traveling, etc.Its a process for me.

I do know i have done really well with this for the most part. So I am very motivated.

I have been back to 811 for less than a week and i can already see the differnce in my face and eyes, skin, etc. I am increasing my work outs which is a goal and hope to lose the weight i put on traveling .

I really hope to get on to this site easier and easier. Its such a great 811 thread. So nice to see some familiar faces too from other raw food sites. Hi you all.

• Struggling. Arghhhhhh.

Ate well yesterday until dinner last night than went and got some “healthy” frozen vegan food. I’m stuffing down the fruit, so I know this isn’t sugar cravings – it’s emotional – anger, disappointment and stress. I’m just so frustrated that I’m not dealing with this better.

I know what the 811 benefits are, I’ve experienced them and now I can feel them slipping away.

• I recognize that I need to buy the book, and in a week I should have something left over from my check to buy it. (This week, the entire check is already alloted to vary budgeted expenses.) I don’t want to wait, however, to begin this process!

I hope that I can still join and learn by doing for the first week, before I can read the book.

Yesterday my percentages ended up 84/8/8. I took the advice given on this thread and download CRON-o-Meter to track my foods. Fantastic program!

• Still on the mono meal train, but I’m going to get off on the next stop. I’m about to make a huge salad with a whole head of romaine, three large heirloom tomatoes, 8 stalks celery and fresh lime juice as dressing. I just finished eating 10 peaches. Earlier in the day I ate bananas, grapes and peaches. As soon as I put my son to bed I will do some cardio.

• Hey everyone! I have spent the past number of hours going over this site up and down. I have heard about the 811 only in passing and have become fascinated with it and everyone’s recent progress and attempt at it.

I ordered the book and am anxious to start it for Sept 1, in addition to hopefully kick my candida overgrowth and on a few foods/fats I feel my body currently has a dependency on.

So.. as anxious as I am to do this diet.. and go 100% raw.. I really have to ask how the heck much you guys are spending in order to do this? I just feel I am going to be eating constantly.. and having to run to the store a lot to ensure things are fresh.. which means not being able to buy in wholesale amounts etc etc..

So any idea what a day/week/month on average may be costing while on 811?

Thanks, guys! Best of luck! I look forward to reading about everyone’s experiences with 811 before embarking upon it myself.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I think I might be doing this juice fast/feast for awhile…

I know that juicing isn’t found “in nature,” but I am an animal found in nature myself and I have discovered a tool that helps me juice. :-)

Good luck with the challenge, everyone.

• Hey all – glad to be able to finally log in. Like many of you the website wouldn’t let me on. My stats the last few days were pretty good.

1084 calories 83-5-6 1270 calories 83/7/10 1526 calories 79/6/15 1109 calories 90/6/4 fat

I decided today to make a raw recipe with fresh corn on the cob and it had some nuts and oil in it so I my fat is way high today (up over 20%). I was really craving this recipe since I haven’t had it in a long time. Other than that I have been doing a lot of mono eating except for when I have salads with veggies on top and lemon for my dressing and I have been making the anti-pasta recipe with zucchini squash noodles and tomato/mango sauce. Overall though I have only lost a few pounds and have been exercising at least 5 days a week but I can see/feel a difference in my clothing and I look like I have lost weight even though the scale isn’t completely showing it yet.

In a few days I am leaving to go on vacation and I bought a bunch of produce to take with me. I am a little nervous about being away from home and staying on track. We a renting a cottage on a canal so I can bring food with me. I have a huge watermelon, other melons, grapes, lemons, cherries, bananas, kiwi, plums, apples, tomatoes, romaine and veggies to take with me. I am in a decent groove so far with all of this and feel decently happy eating more simply.

Best wishes to all of you! I will try to check back as soon as I can (probably in about a week or so when I get back. THe next few days I will be busy with planning/packing.

• Hey everybody,

I have been eating melons and more melons everyday, bananas and apples and mangoes, some spinach in eves. The melons alone early in the day and often throughout have been giving me this ‘clean’ summery feeling.Sometimes i have to remind myself to eat some more cals in the evening as I am satisfied. Such a good feeling from alot of fresh produce.

I too have yet to find a dressing , a low fat one that satisfys me. I have the recipe book from 80/10/10. There’s plenty of high fat ones in there!The idea is to balance it out on other days, over a week.Right now I am more into ‘spinach soup’ anyway. I’ll be experimenting with salad dressing again..any more ideas? I miss my (high fat) honey mustard dressing,for one.

I wanted to add I am CARE4RAW over at ‘raw Freedom community’, the lone 811 poster there. I can’t believe i keep posting on that thread as nobody else does!

Morn and Banana hi from there and from RFT too.

Morn good luck on your hols. My holiday messed me up a bit but I was in China, not raw prepared at lovely cottage somewhere.I am sure you will do well.

ON my trip I was eating masses of local Durians (so high in fat and so wonderful) but I ALSO ate masses of Asian food, cooked.I am too easy to derail when traveling, : ).Working on that the better and longer I am at this.

Happy summer days to all of you.

• Hey Guys! I have a question.

What would you bring on a backpacking, camping trip? Fruit is heavy to carry and takes up a lot of space and I know dried fruit is not recommended. Greens are light and 0.5-1 ounce of nuts or seeds per day is light. What kind of fruit can I bring that could sustain me for 24-36 hours but won’t take up much room or weight?

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

ok…I’ve been walking that thin line and am ready to dive into the land of the fringe for a full week.

Upon reflection, I guess I will have to start tomorrow, since I’ve already ate today and need to go stock up. I was doing SO well, but then ran out of fruit and was too busy and overscheduled to go foraging (at the grocery store ofcourse).

....and onions, and especially garlic, are becoming a turn off. Didn’t see that coming ;) Hummus has also completely lost it’s appeal.

Smoothies are the ultimate soulfood.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey everyone! I broke my water fast on some fruit last night, although I am feeling like I could easily fast today. We’ll see how it goes…

One question for people who are familiar with 811: What does Doug G. think of juicing? I just got into it recently and am thinking about buying a Green Star juicer. My thoughts are this:

YES, it is true that juice does not just ‘show itself’ in nature, and that man must prepare it using technology to drink it, yet at the same time:

1. Isn’t man (and thus technology) part of Nature at large?

2. After spending 20+ years damaging my body with dead food, it seems like I could use the insane boost of nutrients you get from juicing.

Just wondered what everyone elses take on juicing + 811 was!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

El-bo, I’m shocked…no comment?

I also water-fast, but it zaps me..