Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

detox symptoms

Hello-

about a month ago I started getting a very itchy, burnny raw food detox rash on my body-underarms, stomach, under chest in side armss it has been like 9 months since took my raw to this level eliminated cooked grains and all still eat steamed veggie occasionally and been vegan for 20 years -has anyone ever experiences a detox skin rash and if so how long does it usually last-doing colonics every other week to also aid in detox and just started the infrared sauna-any other ideas or any one else experience this??

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Leaving out the details, you can also do a salt water flush or colon cleanser (psyllium and bentonite) to help detox.

Or, how about a hot-cold sauna/shower or dry brush (?) massage on the skin since it seems that’s where it’s coming out. (just a guess)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yes I started using a rebounder and I got it all over my feet and ankles, because it was the most they have had to bend and flex in months, I dont like it so I stopped using the rebounder!

Like Germin8 say skin brushing? Massage? Tons of water? These things occur to me to be helpful in speeding up skin detox.

Maybe try going 100% for a couple or three weeks to make the go detox faster. I’m all raw whenever I ate cooked food which hasn’t been for ages now, my detox stopped dead in its tracks. So I know going 100% even for a few weeks will help to flush your system out.

• thanks a lot for the ideas- thinking of doing a smoothie fast and juice fast for a few days to speed things up

• CaresCares Raw Newbie

I put this on a post a couple of days ago about detox, here it is again for you… When your body releases toxins they go to the liver for phase 1 of the liver process at this point they bind to proteins in order to go through phase 2 of the liver process. If you do not have enough protein in your diet this is when you get ‘detox symptoms’ as the toxins get stuck in phase 1. It is really a symptom of too little protein, so of cause not everyone will suffer ‘detox symptoms’. I always used to think ‘detox symptoms’ were normal until I started studying Naturopathy and learnt that it is actually normal to not get any and abnormal to get symptoms. When detoxing it is good to use a protein drink (raw of cause) to correct this problem.

Cares :-)

• I haven’t experienced rashes, but my skin is breaking out like crazy and I just recently started experiencing body aches and dizziness! All the medication that I took in 2003 for MS and recently for pain when I hurt my ankle are coming out in the form of muscle aches. Drinking lots of water with lemon is helping my skin and I remember when going through detox the last time, going to the sauna helped my skin. I also added a lot of cucubers to my raw carrot juice because I read that cucumbers were great for the skin. I don’t know Jessesixx…I’m probably not all that helpful on this one. I’m just trying to hang in there with these detox symptoms because it is kinda interfering with my normal routine. I stayed home from school Wedesday and Thursday because I felt so bad. Please keep us updated on your progress. I’m sure a lot of people will be helped by this post.

I just read Cares’ post and just had to edit this to ask a question. What do you think are the best protein sources to help with detox symptoms because I eat a lot of nuts and seeds and am still having symptoms? Would you please leave me the link to your post right here? It sounds very interesting, thanks.

• do you guys include/count at least 30m of high cardio (above 80% of resting heart rate) per day as part of helping you naturally detox? seems like that would be the ideal and natural way to help detox one's body.

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

but if i do 30 mts of cardio,on a detox progeam of 7 days with vegetable juice only,i'm afraid i will faint?lol

• wow... who's talking about going on just veggie JUICE alone?? ha.. i think any "normal" person would faint too! if you detox and go on the green smoothies, you'd do just fine. in fact, this person's blog (christy's) has a few green smoothies that has worked well for me. once you start blending, you will find yourself mixing things up for taste and interest. 30m of cardio is a SNAP.. just gotta try it. oh, here's the site:

http://defiant-health.com/defiant-recipes/

btw, GREAT PIC! i think i need to detox myself just from that pic... ;) hahaha... anyway... just try it and judge for yourself. 30m of cardio doesn't mean 10miles of running (altho, that would be AWESOME)... 30m of cardio that fits your current fitness level for an 80% above rhr and you're good to go.

hasta la vista, chica!

• This is a shot in the dark but, have you recently (within the last month or so) changed your laundry detergent to something different? Sometimes that can be the culprit! Also, people who've used the same ol' stuff for years can suddenly develop a reaction (rash?) too. Detergent, some perfumes, shampoos, etc.

• I have just started using " coffee enema" and it is a great detox fro the liver and colon - I feel great after it...