Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Feel good songs

blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Hi everyone,

I was having a discussion earlier today with some friends about songs that come into your head what you are having a ‘Damn I am awesome(or hot, or any good thought) sort of moment or day. It started as someone that had lost a lot of weight and fit into an old outfit sharing what kept going through her mind, but at any weight you can still have a good day.

I want to start making a list of songs to perhaps put an MP3 list together.

What would be your top 3 ‘feel good’ songs? (and if you want, why those songs)

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have two songs that I like that make me feel strong and good:

“Watch Me Shine” by Vanessa Carlton (from Legally Blonde Soundtrack)

“I Can Fly” by Louise Thomas (80s dance song)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Great thread!!!

I look forward to seeing other people’s inspirational songs. My playlist will probably be expanding. :)

These are in my Success playlist (sorry… more than 3):
    • “Proud” by Richard Niles from The Biggest Loser album
    • “Believe” by Suzie McNeil (single)
    • Anything from Paul Hoffman’s Success Songs He also has an upcoming album that he previewed that has some great stuff also
    • “Message To Myself” by Melissa Etheridge from The Awakening album

I don’t have this one, but you might find something inspiring here: Skinny Songs by Heidi Roizen.

I’ve been looking for a version of “I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly but is sung by a woman (I think it was a woman). It was more powerful and upbeat then R. Kelly’s version. I heard it a few years back as one of the promo songs on PBS but they couldn’t tell me the singer. If you know a version by a female voice, oh, please post it. I would be indebted to you.

• I have a strong connection with the song Knights in White Satin by the Moody Blues…I don’t know why, but when I hear it I feel so spiritual, powerful and my whole body feels lifted, energized and loved. I also love a Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum. These songs don’t make me feel “hot” but they are definitely my favorite songs.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

if you want to feel good, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJBfM9Rph0

Celebrate by Allison Veltz

(that’s pretty much my #2 and #3 at the moment)

=)

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

Instead of a feel good song, I have a feel good band: Jamiroquai. They’ve been with me through thick and thin for over 10 years now, and I still love them as much now as I did when I was a young, innocent teen :)

This song, (Don’t) Give Hate a Chance, always makes me smile and dance and feel awesome, and the video is pretty damn cute too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB4oNiaH0Tw

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

ditto Procol Harum….
    Dobie Gray’s “Drift Away” is also good in a melancholy kind of way…
    addendum: my fav… is the RS’s “Moonlight Mile”

• Hi heyenglish!

Two words…..Me tooooooooooo!!! :D

Jamiroquai are my feel good band as well; they have raised me up higher in good times and pulled me through the bad!

Don’t Give Hate A CHance is awesome, and I just have so many favourites that i can’t really pick a few! Canned Heat is a great blues buster for me as I am a professional dancer.

so glad to find someone who rocks out to tha JK too :D :D

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Beautiful Noise by Neil Diamond Lovely to See You by the Mood Blues Can’t Keep It In by Cat Stevens