Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

When's all this weight loss I read about supposed to start?

I realize its only been a little more than a week on 99.99 % raw, but nothing, and I have a lot of weight to loose. Yes I feel less bloated, that’s great, skin’s softer, digestion better, much less gas—but where’s my weight loss?????

Comments

• It’s only been a few days! The weight loss will come. Just be patient! :)

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

i’ve been in about a month and a half and have only lost 5 lbs. everyone loses and gains at a different rate. don’t quit!

• I have also been very high raw for about 2 months and have not lost any weight. But I know I am healthier so I don’t worry about it. If I am taking great care of myself and this is what my body wants to weigh- SO BE IT!!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey there – just focus on health, begin a work-out or yoga program and DON’T STRESS! If you keep eating raw, your weight will normalize.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

sometimes you lose fat but don’t really lose much weight. i have lost about 25 pounds since being raw (about 4 months now). it’s a slow loss, it will come. be patient!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Wow, congrats, Bitt, that is wonderful!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I have been raw for 3+ years and gained 35 lbs. Just because it is raw doesn’t mean it isn’t fattening. Raw food just tastes so good (it has a flavor!) that I over eat, and also eat the wrong foods for weight loss. There is also the thing called exercise. At this point you should be detoxing, so don’t worry about weight just yet.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I lost a few pounds slowly at first but now almost a year into it, have found myself eating too many nuts and my waistline is now growing… So be careful, with all these wonderful recipes we all are sharing they can be just as fattening as SAD ones…

Hang in there and it will all be possible!!! To your good health!!!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

It’s true…I didn’t really start feeling my vital energy until I went low-fat raw.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

i lost about 15 lbs with raw, and it took a couple months. Just stick to raw, keep the oils low-ish and you’ll be fine. Don’t overdo the nuts either—a 1/4 cup a day to 1/2 cup a day is enough.

• I know that avocados have a pretty high fat content, but I just can’t get enough. I would never eat nuts or oil again if it meant I could still have avocados. I was just wondering if those of you who are following more of a low fat program ever treat yourself to an avocado?!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

If you are impatient to lose weight than you will need to fast. Do a Master Cleanse. Caution though: you are going to need a lot of willpower to do it. But that will get rid of some weight faster.

But yeah, only a week? Uhm, no, you probably won’t see any weight loss yet. Plus, if you are eating a ton of nuts of something, you aren’t going to get much weight loss – you gotta exercise too. It isn’t a ‘magical’ diet or anything.

• Hi everybody- my comment about wt loss is that it’s best to go low fat, but not into deprivation mode. Like for example you can have half a handful of nuts instead of a whole one, or making a whole raw dessert. Or you can eat a half of a serving of raw dessert and freeze the rest. Lots of greens and moderation on the fat is the key for me. Another tip is eating just a few teaspoons of avocado… great in smoothies or as a garnish for salads. A trick I learned from a Mexican friend is “Save the stone”!! Meaning if you open the avo and take a few scoops out of one half, keep the stone in there and put it back together. The stone staying on the inside keeps the thing from oxadizing and turning brown. (It also works to keep the stone to store in the middle of your guac for the same reason.)

• I ve done 2 MCs and haven’t droped ANY weight…But when I eat fruit mostly, no added fat (meaning oil) and no nuts, I lose around 3 Kg a week, which is A LOT since my metabolisam is very slow…To each its own I guess.

• Hi Mila, That’s interesting… I guess maybe that has to do with your body not going into starvation mode, huh? I’m just curious, what fruits do you eat mostly, and can you get a good variety of fruits there, especially in the colder months?

• I haven’t lost weight, but I didn’t need to. I was already vegan for 5.25 years or so and very healthy, exercised regularly. I’m doing this for my skin and for the energy! :)

BUT, that said, my calorie intake is up 150-200% without gaining weight (and I do enjoy eating, let me tell you), so just focus on what you’re eating and what health benefits it might provide and eat the best foods for your body. Don’t worry about a number. You won’t be sitting on your death bed wishing you worked more or worried more.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

iheartveggies – I don’t generally eat avocado – only if I want to feel sleepy, heh.

When I do have one, it definitely is a treat, usually on a kale salad or in a pudding or something.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

While eating nuts & oil all day would probably cause weight gain, things like avocados and macadamia nuts have fatty acids that cause the body to lose/burn fat, so they’re not always “fattening” even though they contain a lot of fat.

A week isn’t very long, and I agree with just feeding your body as much good nutritious food as you can, and don’t worry!

• @ Osoniye- I have no idea why my body react this way, I am just grateful that it does…I juice most of my daily intake, mostly highly sugary fruits and some greens (pineapples, sweet melons, carrots,...). We do get loads of fruit here, all, of course, imported, but not organic, unfortunately…

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i disagree. i need more fats than my man!

http://bittsblog.blogspot.com/

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

I don’t recall any raw foodist saying that they lost weight fast.

What I have read is that people feel that they have found the right path to health.

I too feel that this is the right path to health. Eating chemicals, dead foods and diet pills won’t get you there. If they did, you’d see a lot of success stories. And you don’t, just temporary weight loss.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

My husband lost a huge amount of weight, have a look at him here

He lost most of it before he went raw, by just first quitting processed foods and making everything from scratch himself, and then quitting meat and then dairy.

He also is a strong believer in “you are what you think”. If he gets back to thinking like a fat person he will put weight on even if what he is eating remains the same.

It is important to believe that you can be slim, that you truly really can, and by using affirmations like “I am the perfect shape” “I Love my body” “I am perfect and healthy” etc you can change everything.

I have got 2 frends who went from being very, very overweight to being were they were happy just though reading the book “The only diet there is” by Sondra Ray. Neither of them are raw, or even vegetarian.

Of course being raw will get you to where you want it to be, I don’t doubt that, but it is also important, and it helps to remember the mental aspect of weight issues, or any health and well being issue.

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Its really interesting to hear about everyone’s experiences.

I’ve been raw for 5 months and I’ve only lost 4lbs in that time, but I’d been doing weightwatchers before then and couldnt stay stable without watching everything (and couldnt get as low as I am now even if only 4 lbs) but I shudder to think what I used to eat and how stuffed full of chemicals and nasties it must have been.

To echo many others on this thread, its the other benefits that have amazed me. I think I’m ok for my weight now anyway, just calculated my BMI on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/your…

and was 20.71 which was in the healthy range anyway.

Now I eat loads of yummy stuff & dont even think about points and weights anymore and I feel better than ever!

It’ll come robinbarr, keep the faith, keep happy & welcome to goneraw!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Zoe’s right – I lost weight quickly when I had worked through the emotional/psychological factors that were making me think I needed to be fat. That was also what made me decide to eat what my body really wanted.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

That’s really interesting; a true example of our thoughts manifesting our reality!

• robinbarr, sorry if I’m being repetitive, but eating a raw food diet is not a quick fix fad. (as some may think) The results (detoxification, healing, weigh maintenance, loss, or gain) are real. However, it does take time, and you’ll see the benefits along the way. Hang in there, I’m sure you’re doing well and it will get better the longer you do it.

• It took me a long time to lose weight too, but doing regular cleansing has really helped me out. It kind of shoves you into that next level. The first days you feel crappy, then you feel awesome and you end the cleanse a few pounds and worries lighter and feeling better than you had before. I’ve lost almost 60 lbs but it took over 3 years. No worries Robin- it will happen for you, eat foods that make you glow, be with people that make you shine, and do things that you love, and you’ll look and feel better than any number on a scale can show!

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

I messed up the speakers on my laptop by playing music I downloaded to my laptop very loudly. And local repair stores told me they don’t service Dells.

I have been raw for over two years and haven’t lost any weight. I have went from a size 6/8 to a size 4 though. I am 5 foot 8 inches tall without shoes. I weigh 135 pounds.

The few serious raw people I know in person have not lost any weight from the raw diet. But they have become very healthy with no return bouts of cancer and other serious ailments. And they look terrific.

When I was in high school more than 25 years ago, I did lose a lot of weight by (1) deciding to not look at the scales any more and (2) deciding to learn how to eat healthy—which in the beginning meant not eating in between meals. Today I still do not eat in between meals. Also, any weight loss program will involve regular exercise.

I tell my like aged friends who now want to lose weight to (1) not look at the scales and (2) stop consuming dairy products.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I lost like 20 pounds in 2 weeks, but it didn’t start until three or four days after.