Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Three Questions be honest!

Comments

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

1) Fruit and Salad.

2) Cinnamon Girls from RawVolution – I make this anytime their is a potluck and leave a few for myself. Making some tonith! :)

3) Spinach, Salad Greens, Olives, Rice Milk, Seeds (Sunflower, Pumpkin, or both)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

OOOO this is a fun post!! Thanks!

1) dehydrated spinach tortillas

2) thai coconut curry soup! raw chocolate

3) Bubbie’s pickles, dates, dehydrated tomatoes, sauerkraut, tomatoes, avocado, crunchy lettuce, young thai coconuts, white and orange carrots, bananas, herbs, cashews.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Onion – it is good! I think the original recipe calls for a little melted Coconut Oil, but mostly, i forget to do that part first, so i end up leaving it out. You can add it if you like, but not too much. The key is in not adding too much Agave. It’s really good :)

• DagnyTaggart – I too am such a cheese lover! Whole Foods sells raw (unpasturized) sheep, goat, and cow cheeses. They are super yummy and I don’t feel guilty about eating it at all. Check it out if you have a Whole Foods near you.

• OceanBlissOceanBliss Raw Newbie

1) Apples – and Greens! 2) Ice cream (for snack), Zucchini pasta (meal), Chocolate milk (drink) 3) Cinnamon, Apples, Onions, Berries, Nut Milk

:)

• 1) Spinach 2) Dark chocolate 3) spinach, blueberries, avocadoes, tomatoes, mangoes

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Winona, where can I get the recipe for the dehydrated spinach tortillas? Those sound really good! :)

Also I notice A LOT of you have fruit in your fridge. Does it keep longer that way? I share a fridge with two other guys so space is extremely limited and I already take up most of the space. It’s frustrating though having all their leftover cooked foods taking up valuable shelf space ;)

It’s frustrating though having all their leftover cooked foods taking up valuable shelf space ;)

Tell me about it! I’m glad I live alone this year – there was a turkey that kept poking my greens, a chicken that was dancing in my raw pie… at least I’m pretty sure that’s what happened when I closed the fridge door.

Caleb – the spinach tortillas are all the rage! I’ve been eating them for weeks.

Take a good pound of washed spinach. Blend it up in your high speed blender until smooth (use the damper to push the spinach down – you don’t want to have to add water). Add some salt and lemon juice and flax (Lemon juice is good – usually a lemon per pound is a good amount. It takes away the chlorophyll taste. It’s best not to overdo it on lemon juice, as you don’t want it to be super lemony).

Pour the mixture on dehydrator teflex sheets. Dehydrate at 145 for 1 hour, dehydrate at 105 for a couple hours until dry but still flexible. Slice into four squares and refrigerate until ready to serve.

To serve, grab some crunchy lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, and cashew cheese (cashews, lemons, salt blended till smooth). Or your fave burrito toppings. Scrumptious!

By the way, this recipe is closely based on Cafe Gratitude cookbook. Highly recommended book! Desserts and entrees and soups will blow you away!

• 1. greens for smoothies

2. fresh ripe mangoes!

3. banana, avocado, collard greens, oranges, almonds

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Staple: frozen, organic fruit, fruit and more fruit, greens Indulgence: frozen banana/cacao ice “cream”, raw caramel sauce 5 ingredients: greens, sunflower seeds, avocados,fresh herbs, olive oil

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

winona – doesn’t the tortilla need flax or something to hold it together? I haven’t tried it yet…

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Staples: Banana’s, NY apples, melon, zoe’s sunflower seed cheese Indulgences: brown rice noodles, tofutti (vegan sour cream), veganaise, vegan cookies from “down to earth” Five things I always have: raw almond butter, kelp noodles, romaine, sundried tomato, cucumber

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Lately:

oranges

apples

*sprouts

• 1) What’s your most important staple?

Bananas

2) What’s your favorite indulgence?

Dates (Medjool)

3) What five things are always in your refrigerator?

Spinach, kale, lemons, limes, almond mylk

• 1. Flax, 2. Kale chips. Me and desserts haven’t made friends yet. 3. mangoes, apples, bananas, kale, canteloupe

• 1. Staple: Salads! 2. Indulgence: Cheesecakes! (raw of course)...my faves I’ve made so far are Mango Cheesecake, Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake and Macadamia Nut Vanilla Bean with Blackberries…holy God! 3. 5 Things Always in my Fridge: *cucumbers *red/orange bellpeppers *sunflower seeds *avocado *apple cider vinegar

The last question brings me back to the first one…those 5 items ALWAYS go in my salads.

Angie was right! I need flax in those spinach tortillas. I added it back into the recipe above.

• ZaZa Raw Newbie

Staple: apples and pears in autumn. Indulgence: durian from Chinatown, or a raw restaurant meal. Always on hand: greens; some sort of citrus fruit; sproutable red lentils (the best); some kind of seed or nut.

• miss soufflemiss souffle Raw Newbie

1.smoothies

2.coffee & raw chocolate

3.tomatos, avocardo, rocket, apples and dates

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

mixed greens

cacao nibs

garlic, sprouts, spirulina, gala apples, mashed cauliflower

• 1)apples

2) medjool dates!YUM!

3) apples, spinach, hemp seeds and powder, carrots, frozen raspberries

• 1. greens for a green drink

2. love force energy bars; goji lemon or chocolate orange (expensive, but, raw & yummy).

2a blended bananas w/ agave cacao syrup made as raw ice cream

3. avocado's and almonds

• 1)greens for smoothies

2)cacao smoothies

3)almond butter, spinach, bananas, carrots, spirulina

• 1) green smoothie

2) raw choco. desserts; almond butter & apples

3) kale and various other greens, apples, zucchini, avocado, beets

• 1. Bananas

2. As of last night? Banana Bon-Bons from this site.....Otherwise - eating out. Especially Cru Cafe in LA.

3. Soaked almonds, apples, turnips, greens, cayenne pepper

• 1) Bananas (gah I didn't realize they were so popular with raw foodies!) and spinach

2) Honey and Bananas

3) Bananas, apples, carrots, spinach, avocado, lemons

I don't put many of them in my fridge though =]

• HI J! LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURE!

1) What

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

1) Blue green algae and fresh fruit are equal

2) Simple raw desserts, Crysn's recipes say it all, or a spinach salad, maybe with a tablespoon of raw aged nut cheese

3) Oranges, grapes, spinach, raw juice, whole raw prey for Blueberry (does that count? :)

• 1 - greens, bananas corriander sprouts and tomatoes

2 - avocado, a creamy sweet salad dressing, raw choc chip cookies. Unfortunately they are seldom made. :(

3 - 4 heads of broccoli, kale (when in season), carrots, spinach, green lollo and feld salad

Yum....I'm hungry now, off for dinner!!!

• PamPam

1. Tomatoes, bananas, baby greens, nori

2. Nachos with flaxseed crackers, cheddar sauce, salsa, spicy walnut taco meat, and lots of guacamole (generally more fat than I like to consume at one meal!)

3. salad greens, cucumbers, lemons, jalapenos, carrots