Massaging/wilting kale, how to?

Hi all. I'm becoming more adventurous and needing to survive a British winter am turning to robust greens. I'd appreciate any tips or advice on using kale in salads. Thanks x

Comments

• This video started it all for me and kale salads - I love this salad and have it 1-2 times per week:

You may like to watch all her videos, her name is Karen Knowler and she's a Raw Food Coach in the UK. Also, Ani Phyo has great videos on YouTube also. *

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Great video. I really like Karen's stuff. She also has a free newsletter and tons of great info on her website (http://www.therawfoodcoach.com/).

An alternative method to the one Karen shows is to put the kale, oil, avo, etc. in a ziplock bag and message away... you can message while taking a walkabout, dancing to music, or whatever floats your boat. :)

• PamPam

Tear up head of kale in bowl. Pour on a tablespoon of olive oil, a little sea salt, the juice of one lemon, a diced tomato, and a diced avocado. Massage into the kale with your bare hands. If you like, try to get the salad onto a plate and use a fork to devour. (Or just keep going with the bare hands thing. Everything is better without metal utensils!)

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I have found that massaging the Kale then allowing it to rest 10 minutes, then massaging again works well for me... I used the Himalaya salt without the oil for the massage...

Also I left the Kale in large bite sized pieces with the stems intact... I found the stem added an interesting crunch as well as fabulous fiber.... It is amazing to watch the Kale change color and texture... smile

After massaging with the salt, I then added my other ingredients... I too, love this salad... You can change the flavor by adding different spices and herbs....