Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What's your favorite raw supper?

What is everyone's favorite raw supper? I've been having the usual salad (not that I don't like it, I have one everyday :-D) or my moms raw Mexican food every night. Kinda wanted to try something different :-) Any suggestions or favorites?

Comments

• bump :-)

• My favorite raw supper is as follows:

Butternut Squash Con Agli Olio http://goneraw.com/node/9813

And

Kandace's Caesar Salad http://goneraw.com/recipe/spinach-caesar-salad-and-caesar-salad

These 2 recipes are sooooo good, they never fail to satisfy me. Your tummy will thank you!!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

iheartveggies- i can't wait to try this!! i'm gonna make the butternut squash dish tomorrow. sounds delicious.

my favorite raw supper is from ani's raw food kitchen. it's a zucchini pasta with sundried tomato sauce. i would eat this any day over a cooked pasta dish. the flavors are so much stronger since the ingredients are pure and fresh.

• YUM! Both of those sound so good! Thanks for the suggestions!

• I love shredded zucchini with a pesto sauce, diced cherry tomato and diced red pepper, warmed for a couple of hours in the dehydrator. yum :)

• seaweedseaweed Raw Newbie

Tons of greens with sea vegetables, tomatoes, etc etc w- apple cider vinegar, tahini or hemp nut butter, and raw ginger.

Spiralized zucchini, daikon, carrot, and/or beets with marinara sauce or pesto! Also kelp noodles...I can;t get enough of these noodle dishes, I've had it every night this week!

A simple soup with tons of greens, miso, sprouted sunflower seeds, garlic and ginger.

• Parsnip pasta!

take a vegetable or julienne peeler and create "noodles" out of parsnips slice up a medium size yellow onion and let it sit in a mixture of olive oil, salt, chili pepper and crimini mushrooms overnight the next day add in ur pasta mmmm yum yum, nice meal for winter time. wouldn't eat during spring though.....

hope u enjoy it!

i'll try to post up a pic if u need it!

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Nori rolls with lettuce, pureed tomato, sunflower seed pate with sundried tomatoes, sprouts.

A side of marinated cabbage.

A dessert of a few tablespoons of almond butter, carob, agave, maca.

• My current favorite dinner is Sweet Pea Soup from the Raw Freedom Community "The Best Of The Sunny Raw Kitchen Community" e-book - which is great by the way and a salad of red leaf lettuce, with chopped apple (leftover from the soup) chopped scallions (also leftover from the soup), half an avocado (leftover from the soup) and a handful of olives all sprinkled with lemon juice. Lately I crave it all the time. Must need peas ...

• Oooh, all of the zucchini pasta sounds really good!

• Salad wraps! :-)

I make my own guacamole (avocado, onion, lots of cilantro, jalapeno) and salsa (tomato, onion, sometimes garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, a little bit of dried oregano) and then wrap it in freshly washed lettuce leaves (romaine and butter lettuce I like best for that).

Sometimes I add some pine nuts to the wraps, too, I love them!

Delicious!

• Sonnenhut, do you have the measurements for your salsa? It sounds really good, and I've been trying to find a raw salsa forever!

• Mmm, I love lettuce wraps.

I make a salsa using 2 tomatoes chopped quite small, 1 lime juiced (or half, depending on size -- basically to taste), 1/4 red onion minced, 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed, 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped (or a bit more). Just mix it all together and voila, a delicious, fresh salsa.

• whats pesto ?

• Pesto is a sauce usually made with fresh basil, olive oil, garlic, and pine nuts. There are different variations, like cilantro pesto or avocado pesto. I like Bitt's pesto recipe on this website the best:

http://goneraw.com/node/12705

• thank you very much :)

• Portabello Wraps.

I marinate sliced portabello mushrooms in plum sauce (asian sauce) for a few minutes. I use cashew and sunflower seed sauce to fill the romaine lettuce leaf adding sliced red peppers and various other marinated olive oil/cider vinegar veggies to the mix. I layer all this into the leaf and it is Awesome!

• Raw n Lovin It- do you make the plum sauce or is it store bought?

Also, would you be willing to share the cashew or sunflower seed sauce recipes that you like?

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

My fav supper at the moment is ....

1 lrg green veggie juice with..

sweet kale salad - kale, olive oil, honey, garlic. dried cranberries

served with - 1/2 avocado with cinnamon sprinkled and honey drizzled on top :)

Yummy!

• Cranberry, this is my salsa recipe:

3 tomatoes

1 slice of yellow onion (if medium/large of size about 1/4" thick)

lots of cilantro, about a good stuffed hand full

1" slice of jalapeno (depending on how spicy you like it :) )

small clove of garlic

1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano

sea salt to taste

I like to make my salsa with a few small chunks in it.

Therefore: 2 1/2 of the tomatoes into the Vitamix (or blender) along with 3/4 of the onion slice, half of the cilantro, all of the jalapeno and the garlic. Blend.

Then chop the left over half a piece of tomato and add to the salsa, along with the rest of the onion chopped small, the other half of cilantro (torn into smaller pieces by hand), oregano and sea salt (if you like).

I love it, hope you do, too! :)

I'm also going to post this in the recipe section.

• Sonnenhut you inspired me to make some salsa :) It was soooo yummy. My boyfriend walked in the house and was like, " yum what is that?? it smells so good in here!" and then "No way, you made this? It's better than store bought!"

Haha, loved it. I ate it with flax/sunflower seed crackers and it was so good.

My tummy thanks you!

• yum. I've been enjoying a salad topped with guacamole and homemade salsa and eating it with red cabbage leaves.

• ServeItUpRawServeItUpRaw Raw Newbie

Zucchini Linguini. Isn't that a great name? It's from Living Cuisine. Noodles made from zucchini with a vegetable peeler, topped with alfredo sauce. The sauce is made from cashews, pine nuts, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast and some water. Some times we top it with marinated mushrooms. Such a lovely dish!

Rhea

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

it's weird my bigger meals are typically not at night, i eat a lot for breakfast and lunch and it's more routine. sometimes it's just green juice and some flax bread or a small salad. but for a fancier thing recently i've loved Rawvolution's fake tuna. i never liked tuna but i love it. it's dilly and dulse-y. i put it with salad or on flax bread.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

A collard wrap, warm cream tomato soup and most any kind of cracker or none sweet bread..

• PamPam

I love my collard wraps with cheese sauce and lots of veggies. And I can also make a meal out of a creamy chocolate strawberry banana maca smoothie. But after whipping up my Noodles and Veggie Curry yesterday, I think I have a new favorite. Seriously reminds me of some of my favorite meals at different Asian fusion restaurants!