Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Metal taste in my mouth

Hello. I started oil pulling today.

I used sunflower oil which didn't have much taste, after about 14 minutes the oil began to taste like metal...and it got stronger.

after 20 minutes, I spat it out. (white & frothy)

I washed my mouth out several times and then brushed them.

Anyways i still taste metal in my mouth. is this normal. im a little worried. do you think this is from detoxing metals from my system. i DID used to eat quite a bit of fish.

good thing though is i had a terrible tooth ache for about 2 days now and after about 6 minutes of oil pulling the pain completely went away, however now i have a little mucus and a small head ache.

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Megan Lyne, I have no personal experience with oil pulling, but I'll bump this to the front page for you. I know there are several "oil pullers" on the site and there have been previous discussions . . . but I think it's been a while. If you haven't already, you could try a search, just to see what is there.

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

I have been doing this now for around 3 weeks using sesame oil, and weirdly, I have become quite addicted to it. I first started it in conjunction with the master cleanse as a way to get through the first few days of nausea and it works brilliantly. Things I have noticed are:

1. The mucus for the first few days is gross.

2. I used to have cracked heels - not too bad, but they have just about disappeared - all nice and smooth and not dry at all - even in summer!

3. It might be my imagination, but my teeth seem to be a little whiter.

I tend to oil pull whilst I am getting showered in the morning. To start with I could only manage 5 minutes, but now I can do up to about 20 minutes which I think is about the recommendation.

• CaresCares Raw Newbie

Hmmmm...this sounds interesting, I had never heard of it before!

So I might just try this oil pulling and see what happens, I've got some sesame oil in the fridge.

Given Weston Price's research on health problems starting with dental problems there is probably

a lot to be said for this treatment if it cleans the teeth and gums as well as is claimed.

I will post again in a few days with my thoughts & observations :-)

• ok thank you guys. I'll check this thread out everyday :)

we can do it together! lol

Im oil pulling right now. day 2

• CaresCares Raw Newbie

Day 1 - All went well...wow, really gets the saliva flowing even after spitting it out.

Teeth felt pretty clean afterwards.

• Today is my day 3. It's becoming easier to do. I hardly think about it while its in my mouth. :D

• megan lyne thank you for introducing me to oil pulling

since I read your post I have done a lot of research and it seems like a good thing to try. so now I have, this is my day 2 and I still can't keep pulling for 20 mins. I'm at about 10 mins but practice makes perfect right? I would really love to have white teeth again without using all those chemicals.

• Many people get this feeling too, in fact they thought it was blood they were tasting but couldn't see any blood at all. It's a totally normal thing to taste the metal.

http://www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com

• Today is day 3 for me and I successfully pulled for 20 mins. last night, are you oil pulling 3 times a day? Has anyone noticed any differences?

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

I had 3 mercury fillings replaced on sat- now ive got a sore in my mouth. would oil pulling help?

• wichten- from what I read when researching oil pulling it would probley cure it in 3 to 4 days?

• wichten. My husband has a large sore in his mouth. I got him to oil pull once for 20 minutes and the next day you could tell it got a lot better. However my husband doesn't want to do it anymore because the oil made him gag a lot. lol I would be careful also. I read it was rare but it can loosen or make fillings fall out. just fyi. :]

raw foods. thank you. i was a little worried haha

nancyk70. I am oil pulling once a day right now. When i wake up in the morning I oil pull for 20 minutes. rinse my mouth out and them brush them. I want to begin doing it 2 times a day but i want to get used to the morning drill first. :]

Remember to oil pull on a empty stomach everyone. not 100% sure why but every source says to.

OH! and my teeth are about 2 shades lighter in only a couple days. hopfully, eventually my teeth will never show evidence I was a chain smoker at all. haha

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

I have been oil pulling for 6 months. I haven't gotten sick in that time. And I have a lot of confidence that my mouth is as clean as it can be. I thought the metal taste was coming from something else I juice.

• Today is day 9 for me and here is what I have seen... Whiter teeth, 3 shades. A cavity I can't afford to fill has stopped hurting. My teeth feel stronger. One tooth that felt loose is no longer loose. My tongue has turned from white coated (detox) to a beautiful rosy pink.

I started with sunflower oil for the first 7 days then I tried hesitantly the sesame oil boy I have to say I have become addicted to the sesame oil. It is organic and cold pressed.

My kids want to start oil pulling because they see the change in my teeth.

I Hope everyone else is having a good experience too. : D

• I know its crazy. almost all my back teeth, top & bottom felt VERY loose and they all seem almost normal.

which makes me VERY happy.

I think that i actually have a problem with the roots. For a couple years now my teeth will start randomly hurting, granted I have a couple small brownish cavities but the pain feels under my teeth and gives me headaches, in my sinuses.

I am starting to get a lot of faith in the practice of oil pulling. I believe Im ready to do it 2 times a day now. Hopefully it can heal me, with out loosing all my teeth in the future. :[ I may even go up to 3 times a day.

ONE absolutely GREAT thing I noticed is since i started oil pulling I'm grown SO MUCH will power. Even though everyone in my household eats very unhealthy SAD meals. I have been able to keep it in the high 90% raw! and that small percentage that isn't raw is Organic salad dressing. Even for today, my giant dinner salad was lemon juice and pepper.

oh! but tomorrow im very excited because i thought it would taste hella good to make a avocado dressing..MMMMMMM

• I want to hear more about the side effects of oil pulling! I am looking to do it to clear up my skin, any thoughts?

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

I am getting ready to begin pulling. There are quite a few things I am starting as of late and don't want to go all overboard! I am waiting for a good solid week or so after I start taking MSM and I am on day 5 so I am almost there. I want to be able to separate all the symptoms/side effects I feel from everything I do so I know what exactly is making me which way. Now...I am researching this on the side BUT does anyone have experience with using cold pressed olive oil? I see Sesame is widely popular but is it a flavor thing?

• iliveyourdream - Using sesame oil is the perfered oil to use, only other oil that should be used is sunflower oil check out this site it talks about the practice of oil pulling and how he got started.

www.http://roshis.com/kavala-graha/#more-98

SA-RAW - It says it will help with clearing up skin too but I used wheatgrass for that for me and my kids