Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

drinking organic wine and waking up at 2:00am

I usually do not drink because in the last few years when I drink wine or anything else I wake up at 2:00 am and feel tortured for the rest of the day. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and has figured out a way to drink a glass of organic wine ever once and a while.

Comments

• should I just never drink anything ever again?

• I am in the same boat, I think alcohol is just not good for the liver. It may also be a timing thing. If you drink it at night like I do that is when your body begins to work on digesting/healing etc...

So try just having one glass.... like before dinner .... drink lots of water before going to bed, and see if that helps?

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

I went through a period where alcohol was not agreeing with me at all - I couldn't drink anything without feeling terrible the next day. I just stopped drinking for a long time and when I decided to give it another go I made sure to stay super hydrated and eat no sugary foods (fruits, agave, nothing) before my night time drink. It worked! Now I'm back to where I'm okay having a few drinks anyway, making sure to drink a couple glasses of water for every drink I have : ) Or coconut milk - that's a good hydrator, too!

• lime is supposed to help your body process alcohol; if drinking liquor, it's good to take it with lime. coconut is supposed to be amazing for hangovers too.

put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both down (while picking the c7 chord on your guitar).

hydration is huge and i don't always have coconuts, so i often throw down a cucumber-lime-date smoothie after drinking, either before going to bed or right when i wake up.

b vitamins too! alcohol depletes your body of them. so b vitamin rich foods are good to eat before and after drinking. i usually take care of this with a liberal sprinkling of nutritional yeast on whatever is on my plate.

i also try to avoid drinking the sodas and artificial mixers in alcohol. i do best with martinis or wine or just whiskey on the the rocks.

put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both down.

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

I quit drinking alcohol 6 weeks ago and it wasn't easy. I feel much better now and have more energy too and want to get back on the raw diet again, at least increase my raw food. When trying to quit alcohol there are certain things we must be aware of.

First of all it is a highly additive DRUG!!!!!

And you will find excuses to drink. Even if it is one glass / week , you will find excuses. Organic wine is an excuse to drink, because the word organic makes you feel better when drinking. If your friends drink, just beware that if you quit, others may question it and will try to get you to drink. You might think a real friend won't do this, but alcoholics will try to get their sober friends to drink. This is because the alcoholics don't want to drink alone, and also don't want to lose a drinking buddy.

So don't look there for help.

To answer the question, YES NEVER DRINK AGAIN.

It is not good for you. You want to drink wine, then eat a lb of red grapes instead.

• If I drink any amount of alcohol remotely close to bedtime, I have the same problem! My mom actually does too, but refuses to admit that its her wine waking her up. So if you want wine, enjoy it earlier in the evening, like someone else suggested, and then make sure you drink plenty of water. I've found that when wine is the cause of me getting sleepy and going to bed, that''s when it ALWAYS wakes me up in the middle of the night. So, make sure you're not using wine to wind down.... :)

• Thanks every one for your recommendations.

I do not desire to drink very often and all of my friends have gotten used to be being dry. I was wondering more for special occasions.

I did have a glass of wine last night. I made sure that I was well hydrated and ate nothing sugary. I woke up once at 4:30 and when right back to sleep. Amazing. I feel fine but am going to have a lime cucumber drink right now. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

• Another question. Do you all think that there could be a yeast connection?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I would definitely have a glass of water with your glass of wine if you partake!